How do you store your cards?

silvereye

Do you generally prefer boxes or bags? I am thinking of making a new tarot bag in leather for my new Steampunk Tarot deck and Gilded Lenormand (which just arrived yesterday and is surprisingly small) but as the leather is quite thick I dont think it is feasible to make a drawstring bag.

Any suggestions?

Water Lady

Boy, that looks like a lot of work.
someone make me some bags years ago ---double cloth with draw string, wish I could remember who....
I have also picked up some small bags along the way.

MissNine

I buy the deck bags at the new age store. I like the velvet two-toned ones. Should be breathable material, I've heard. I know of a lot of people who just use a sock. Works just as well!
To each his own.

silvereye

Oh a sock. .. haven't thought of that one!!

Marirowana

I'm one of those weirdo's who uses the original box :rolleyes:

Barleywine

For the decks that sit on the shelf most of the time, I use either wooden boxes I bought at Michael's arts & crafts store or the original boxes. For the few I take with me, I wanted something more practical and comfortable to carry around. I found one of these zippered fabric bags at Ocean States Job Lots (a major regional discount store) for $1.99. It's made of a durable brushed burlap kind of material (similar to sofa material) and holds two standard-size decks. It's made by a company called ScrapSacks, and there is also a larger size for $2.99 that might hold three or four decks.

Attachments

• DSCN1076.jpg
    DSCN1076.jpg
    145.7 KB · Views: 83

Zephyros

I keep my main deck in a small pouch I made myself out of an East German flag.

Water Lady

I have been wanting to knit a bag, anyone have a link for pattern they like?