What's in the Chest?

Amanda

Purple, or a cool color. I got a taste of lavender or something perfumey. Round, or has round elements. Divination method: staring at box...

:thumbsup: CONGRATULATIONS TO THE 2ND GO-ROUNDERS!!! :thumbsup:

these games are so much fun! I'm enjoying also everyone's tries! :D

You're both a part of Round 2, sillies! Would you like to expand upon what you've already given? :D

GotH

Family Heirloom. An antique jewelry piece for a lady. This was handed down to you OR it may have been stolen! Not saying you stole it, but someone else may have before you ended up with it. This is something very old.

Okay this part gets a little weird but don't dreams work that way? Dodo Bird, an extinct animal which makes me believe you can't replace this item. This connects to Alice in Wonderland which connects to Disney.

Snakes or tentacles. Octopus tentacles head- Davy Jones from the movie. This seems to go with the Pirate's of the Caribbean bit which is a Disney ride. He was known for the Dead Man's Chest. In the chest was DJ's heart. I'm not sure why this is coming up. Could this be part of someone's beloved or heartfelt treasure? A lot of history goes with this.

Icy cold. Blue. There was two jeweled blue eyes in the octopus head.

Tip of my nose is chilled. (steel is cold right?)

I keep seeing a boney upward hand.

Mummified? Sphinx - Could Egypt be attached to it somehow?

Old wizard, Merlin or maybe an ancient king or leader had possession of it.

There might be a cross in it or on it.

Pointy ring, used as an amulet or a means of protection. If you held your hand up while wearing the ring (or dagger) it would protect you.. See sharp weapon below..

Sword/Dagger. 3 points at the handle. Something devilish/evil like energy here too.

There's an old inscription on this piece. Letters C, L and the number 5 or the 5 could actually be an S.

That's it!

Amanda

A compliation of Round 1 and Round 2

Purple, or a cool color. I got a taste of lavender or something perfumey. Round, or has round elements. Divination method: staring at box...

Okay, I'm using oracle cards this time and have a person receiving a heart, this heart is healing and has caused the person to open up and accept love, so it could be a promise ring or engagement ring, or any token of love, really. Heck, it could even be something heart-shaped. I think I'll settle on a ruby ring just to be extra specific. ;)

After seeing the tote board, I'll amend my guess to say a necklace, rather than a ring, and it has three metal rings or three chains. The pendant may be heart shaped, and I'm still going with a red, reddish or pink stone or ceramic piece. So that's half divination, half amalgamation. lol

And, yes, "game show host whose name I cannot remember," that's my final answer. :D

An antique letter opener!

Kept on your desk or in the desk drawer.

It is made of pewter and has a stone in the handle, I'm guessing an amethyst or some deep purple, translucent -- maybe even iridescent -- stone. :) This stone is faceted in a way that give it a kaleidescopic effect and creates patterns when the light hits it just right, as Claire saw.

Perhaps this was a family heirloom or was given to you as a gift. You have opened a love letter (or a bill) with it!

It is monogrammed, perhaps with the letter A, giving it that three-legged look Ana Luisa spoke of? It may also include a fleur de lis pattern or some other floral engraving or embellishment.

It sways slowly as it tears through the envelope.

It is thin, and is held by a hand, as GOTH suggested. In fact, it is thin enough at the tip to pick a lock (hat tip to Zannamarie)!

It could also be used as a pendulum if strung or spun, as CelticNoodle divined. In fact, I think it has a chain or cord attached to it so that it might resemble a necklace.

UrbanBramble felt it between her shoulder blades like a knife in the back! (Although we all know you'd never use it in such a way. :) But who knows?! Maybe it was once a murder weapon weilded by that mysterious great great aunt no one ever talks about. lol I must be channeling Mycroft's stepsister now.)

With that Holmesian deduction (and outright theft of everyone else's impressions), I shall cease and desist. :D

I keep seeing it on the right hand size to the back of the chest. A metal contraption with three legs, something like a tripod, perhaps with rubber at their ends. I have no idea what it may be used for, perhaps to hold things up straight. That or a hanger. But I keep getting a strong METAL impression.

Oh, my, running against time. :bugeyed: I keep forgeting I'm at a different time zone! Ok, I read the other clues but shouldn't have. They somehow cloud intuition but, well, living and learning. For some reason, Mycroft's allusion to head sounded interesting and pertinent but not exactly the head but the shape. For what it's worth, I KNOW it's metal and it most certainly holds something. So, I figure it's a stand . It could be a crystal ball stand (I keep getting the tripod feeling) and the ball itself could bring the "hazy", "flowy" feeling and it could be purplish. Or, which is more probable, a stand for books, and easel display or something (chucks, finding a hard time with the language now!). Off to fixing breakfast now!

Can I jump in here? I see a ring box (might be white velvet) holding a ring. Marquise cuts?

Your wedding or engagement ring?

I get the feeling this has something to do with 3s. There is 3 to something in this. I almost get a souvenir feeling to this from like a cruise ship or some place you traveled to. I feel amusement park like Disney. Maybe something a child would really like. Loot! Definitely something showy, sparkly and complicated.

Maybe something even a little creepy, skinny and old. I see a hand.

I'm also feeling "Pirates of the Caribbean."

Something you would dive for..

Family Heirloom. An antique jewelry piece for a lady. This was handed down to you OR it may have been stolen! Not saying you stole it, but someone else may have before you ended up with it. This is something very old.

Okay this part gets a little weird but don't dreams work that way? Dodo Bird, an extinct animal which makes me believe you can't replace this item. This connects to Alice in Wonderland which connects to Disney.

Snakes or tentacles. Octopus tentacles head- Davy Jones from the movie. This seems to go with the Pirate's of the Caribbean bit which is a Disney ride. He was known for the Dead Man's Chest. In the chest was DJ's heart. I'm not sure why this is coming up. Could this be part of someone's beloved or heartfelt treasure? A lot of history goes with this.

Icy cold. Blue. There was two jeweled blue eyes in the octopus head.

Tip of my nose is chilled. (steel is cold right?)

I keep seeing a boney upward hand.

Mummified? Sphinx - Could Egypt be attached to it somehow?

Old wizard, Merlin or maybe an ancient king or leader had possession of it.

There might be a cross in it or on it.

Pointy ring, used as an amulet or a means of protection. If you held your hand up while wearing the ring (or dagger) it would protect you.. See sharp weapon below..

Sword/Dagger. 3 points at the handle. Something devilish/evil like energy here too.

There's an old inscription on this piece. Letters C, L and the number 5 or the 5 could actually be an S.

That's it!

I've got a really big headache so I'm not gonna be able to post a lot more but I did get the letter H, and not as strongly the letter A. I'm also seeing a stand of some sort but I think its an optical illusion metal science related thing on the stand, if that makes sense. A child is attached to it somehow, specifically a little girl about 8 years old. My divination method is trying not to think too hard for fear of making the headache worse so I'm pretty sure I'm way off. :)

Oh also the color red or maybe shades of red and purples but I still think its got a lot of colors going on.... And of course my original observations still stand.

Oh and I dreamed about vampires last night... But Im guessing that is completely unrelated and has more to do with halloween being tomorrow. (Happy halloween everybody!)

OK so first an image of.. oh it's so hard to describe things when you don't know their name... it's made out of metallic rainbowish colored thin pieces of... the same stuff pinwheels are made of, it's cut in a pattern so different bits come out when it turns and it's kind of an optical illusion... the color and shape appears to change as it turns. It hangs up from a string. They are usually droplet or star shaped.

Sensations: strong sensation in my hands. It makes me want to sing. Emotion - light, giddy, happy... kind of a nervous happy rush. Feeling between my shoulder blades.

Next image: a gold nugget, but then the wrapping comes off (again metallic, this time gold) and it's chocolate inside.

Next image: one of those wind up toys, that's a little monkey that bangs cymbals together.

Also an image of a rolling pin, the handles are painted red and move freely from the middle part, which is just a light colored wood.

EEK! A FAST GAME! I nearly missed it!

Okay, a bit rushed, but I think that it is a divination tool--perhaps a crystal pendant that can be used to divine with. I think the crystal has some metal around it as well.

pretty chest, btw! :)

For our ease to look on when the object is soon revealed...

Amanda

...and the object is...

Hits awarded the highest points were:

Flowers (roses, grass, etc.)
Watering Can
Pink, Violet (Purple), Green, White
Decorative
METAL :)
Fabric
Paris
Perfume/Label

Who do you think should win? :D

Amanda

This object was a centerpiece/prize on one of the tables of my best friend's baby shower. My mother kept winning all of the prizes while we were there :D so she gave me this one since, you know, I'm the best friend and I couldn't win anything myself. :laugh:

So this is something connected to a Child, as a few of you have said-- that little girl is now 6 months old. :)

I see this object as having 3 parts in a couple of different ways. Either Flowers + Watering Can + Label, or more directly the Spout, Base, and Handle. A few of you had said something metal with 3 parts.

The label itself has what looks like gold, metallic markings around it's edges to perhaps make it look a little more antique. The label says, Since 1902...Forever Violette Parfume...a la Paris and there is also a picture of a bouquet of flowers on there as well.

Not exactly antique, but it is old-looking and practically useless, as Mycroft and zannamarie alluded to with their guesses. :D

Also, this has just now become somewhat of a divination object, as celticnoodle suggested, however; I gave her a point, because I have divined with grass-clippings before, and there is certainly some grass here. :D

I was personally impressed by Obsydian's guess right out of the gate, and actually sat back and said to myself, "Woah." :laugh: I had thought at that point I might have made it a little too easy! LOL

ETA: I will keep adding here as I think things through. :)

UrbanBramble -- My best friend's initials are A.H. ;)
Goddessofthehunter -- "Something you would dive for.." -- Certainly a bouquet of flowers, like at a wedding. ;)

EmpressArwen

...and the object is...

Hits awarded the highest points were:

Flowers (roses, grass, etc.)
Watering Can
Pink, Violet (Purple), Green, White
Decorative
METAL :)
Fabric
Paris
Perfume/Label

Who do you think should win? :D

Hmmm...I notics that people were picking up on the energy or background. Do you mind sharing where it came from?

GotH

A watering can..

My dreams had me SO far off the mark. You were kind, I would have eliminated me in the first round! :joke:

EmpressArwen

A watering can..

My dreams had me SO far off the mark. You were kind, I would have eliminated me in the first round! :joke:

I don't know...the flower that is coming out of the spout knd of does look like a hand.

Amanda

A watering can..

I will summarize the points I gave to you folks in the first round, so you can see why you were moved on:

Obsydian
Purple = 3 pts.
"Perfumey" = 2 pts.
Round elements = 1 pt. The flowers provide the round elements.

celestial
"receiving" - 1 pt. It is traditionally something given or received, and I also received it as a gift myself.
"healing" - 2 pts. Flowers are often given to those who are ill in some way or another, they bring a sense of healing. This also correlates with the Lenormand meaning of flowers.
Token of love = 2 pts. Flowers are also something given as a token of love.

She edited her post and included "Pink", which earned her 3 more points.

ana luisa
METAL! = 3 pts.
3 parts = 2 pts.
holds things = 2 pts.

UrbanBramble
Metallic = 2 pts.
Positive emotions = 2 pts.
Chocolate = 1 pt. As flowers are frequently accompanied by chocolate. And, I had considered just filling my chest up with a bunch of different chocolate bars for Halloween. :D

Goddessofthehunter
White = 3 pts.
holds something = 2 pts.

celticnoodle
divination tool = 1 pt.
metal = 3 pts.

I did not keep points for Round 2 guesses. :)

GotH

This is the closest I think I got...

This was handed down to you.... OR it may have been stolen! Not saying you stole it, but someone else may have before you ended up with it.

Your mom handed it down to you.

Obsydian sounds like she was seeing/feeling it.