Book of Law Study Group 1.2

Beira

Yes that is it.. I found it googling book of law commentary and then realized you had it listed in there. Sorry to have caused confusion..

Aeon418

Pepsi Challenge

If we all are but emanations of one of the infinite potemtialities of Nuit brought to full manifestation so that she could get to experience herself, then our nature and purpose is far more similar than what we usually consider: there actually no need of arguments and disagreements cause any experience is as good as the other to bring experience to Nuit... Uhm.. I dont know if I like this..
It cannot be: then also completing the Great Work or not would have no importance.. uhm.. anyone help pls?

Why choose experience A over B when they are both ultimately 0? From the perspective of the Absolute it doesn't matter which one is chosen. But from the perspective of the individual it does. Experience 'A' may be more natural (True Will) to the individual than experience 'B'. Of course you can still choose experience 'B' with your so-called free will, but you also have to accept the consequences that come with it.

Corollary: It ain't Free unless it's True (Will).

This link to chapter 2 of Crowley's Magick Without Tears has been posted a few times, but it might start to answer your question.

hermetic.com/crowley/magick-without-tears/mwt_02.html

Beira

Thanks a lot Aeon!
I think I got the meaning better now:
Nuit enjoys knowledge of herself through our experiences, or point-actions from her point of view: that of being the All=Naught. But as involved in that point experiences, even though ultimately they are all illusions, we perceive them as real. And at that point we'll enjoy (and Nuit throug us) these experiences all the better, the more in tune with our True Will they are.

I appreciate you took the time to point me to that link, since Crowley wrote so much and I find so difficult to work out what to read to better understand a line of the Book of the Law, or a card that I study..
You have been precious.

Thanks

Aeon418

And at that point we'll enjoy (and Nuit throug us) these experiences all the better, the more in tune with our True Will they are.

Exactly! But there's a bit of a problem. In order to experience anything you need a 'point of view'. This necessitates (illusory) separation and distinction from the Whole(Nuit). But this separate consciousness, which we normally call 'I', doesn't always want to play the game. Instead it acts out of fear and self preservation motives. This serves to frustrate the True Will of the individual and generates karma. Usually this manifest as experiences that are designed to nudge us back on course ......... eventually.
Nuit said:
... if the ritual be not ever unto me: then expect the direful judgements of Ra Hoor Khuit!

Beira said:
I appreciate you took the time to point me to that link, since Crowley wrote so much and I find so difficult to work out what to read to better understand a line of the Book of the Law, or a card that I study..
Reading the rest of Crowley's, Magick Without Tears, is a good place to start. You can read it from start to finish, or jump straight into the chapters that look interesting. But don't skip the introduction though. ;)

hermetic.com/crowley/magick-without-tears/

Beira

Thanks! I will follow your advice and keep posting..
I feel in debt.. if you ever like a reading just ask and I ll give you one for free, we can also go for an OOTK if u like!
You have a nice day!