Book of Law Study Group 1.7

Aeon418

Myrrha said:
Still, Crowley was so brilliant I really can't see this posing so much of a problem for him. He could have simply written down all the possible spellings and added them up and then chosen the one that added up to a number that had significance to him.
He could have done. But you won't find ThRIVN in any of his publications, personal diaries, or rough working notes before 1918.
Myrrha said:
I am not here to try to discredit Thelema, but just can't help but be skeptical about some of this.
Nothing wrong with that.

Grigori

that is of the Saviour of the World in the larger sense, and of mine own "Silent Self" in the lesser.

Aeon418 said:
In the context of Thelema Hoor-paar-kraat is, like Ra-Hoor-Khuit, symbolic of the Holy Guardian Angel in general. But he represents the HGA unmanifested. He is the silent self within, waiting to be born. (See the Book of Thoth - The Fool)

Is this the reasons why the Thelemic version of the Lesser Pentagram contains the name Aiwass? Is Aiwass seen as an ongoing "deity" in Thelema, even now that Crowley has died? Like some kind of group egregore?

Is HGA be considered the minister of deity. Is that is so, are all HGA's ministers of Hoor-paar-kraat because he is the principle of the current aeon? So in the next aeon all the HGA's get new positions as ministers of Maat?

Aeon418

similia said:
Is this the reasons why the Thelemic version of the Lesser Pentagram contains the name Aiwass? Is Aiwass seen as an ongoing "deity" in Thelema, even now that Crowley has died? Like some kind of group egregore?
The way the name Aiwass is used is basically the same as the way in which the Hebrew god names are used in the LBRP. They are not aimed at the old god of the Hebrews. Rather they are magical formulae.

The name Aiwass is symbolic of both the Great Work - 418 (Greek spelling), and Thelema - 93 (Hebrew spelling). It's a ritual way of aligning your heart centre with with both.
Some people get freaked by the idea of using Aiwass in the QC because they can't see the name as anything other than Crowley's HGA.

Try meditating on the Tarot cards that spell out the name Aiwass.

Ayin - The Devil

Yod - The Hermit

Vau - The Hierophant

Zain - The Lovers
similia said:
HGA be considered the minister of deity. Is that is so, are all HGA's ministers of Hoor-paar-kraat because he is the principle of the current aeon? So in the next aeon all the HGA's get new positions as ministers of Maat?
Maybe not. The magical formula of the Aeon Horus in the context of human spiritual evolution is K&C in Tiphareth. The Aeon Maat is the next step beyond that - Crossing the Abyss to Binah. (See Liber 418)

Aeon418

similia said:
So in the next aeon all the HGA's get new positions as ministers of Maat?
The office of "minister" is needed below the level of the Abyss because there is someone to minister too. You.
But you, as you normally think of yourself as a separate individual, only exist below the Abyss. At the level of consciousness represented by the sephira Binah/Babalon (the grade of Magister Templi) there is no more you.

Once the final Heh of YHVH becomes YHVH, Vau - the Minister has done his job.
1. This is the secret of the Holy Graal, that is the sacred vessel of our Lady the Scarlet Woman, Babalon the Mother of Abominations, the bride of Chaos, that rideth upon our Lord the Beast.
2. Thou shalt drain out thy blood that is thy life into the golden cup of her fornication.
3. Thou shalt mingle thy life with the universal life. Thou shalt keep not back one drop.

Liber Cheth.
Failure to surrender the personal life (including your conception of the HGA) to the universal life, the Cup of Babalon, means that you fail to cross the Abyss and remain in Daath as a separate I that clings to the ego. See the references to the Brothers of the Left Hand Path and the Black Brothers.
12. And behold! if by stealth thou keep unto thyself one thought of thine, then shalt thou be cast out into the abyss for ever; and thou shalt be the lonely one, the eater of dung, the afflicted in the Day of Be-with-Us.

Beira

As for the more superficial meaning of the verse I believe AC about Aiwass and the Book being "dictated" by one of these "guides" (I really dislike the name HGA and I am glad that AC never intended it literally)

As for the more in depth considerations in the thread, I follow here, theoretically..
If we say that attainment of Binah is such an illuminating/groundbreaking experience that leaves nothing of your old Ruach since you get to have your Neschamah guide you.

I can imagine this only as being a temporary condition though, that could be attained more or less often..
I see this as bringing you to a completely new level when your life finishes.. it could be that you don't get to be human but one of these disincarnate entities halfway between man and gods..

The phisical death suggested in the description of the crossing of the Abyss is a bit more hard for me to grasp, I really can't make my mind around the immediate reincarnation in the old body.. it looks to me a strong metaphor for the death of the Ruach and the complete irreversible change it means..