Another new voice in the Thoth group

Aun

If you're refereing to the LWB that comes with the new US Games green-large version, I happen to like it very much. It seems that the author refers to himself as "The Hermit"(???)

I don't know if this is a new version of the large LWB or not, but I can tell that is totally different and better than the small-lavender version.

LadyMedusa

The book CreativeFire and I are refering to is a seperate book, Arkon Hanjo Banzhaf's "The Crowley Tarot The Handbook to the Cards" not the LWB.

The LWB by "The Hermit" is according to the paragraph on the front, a compilation of excerpt's from Crowley's original Book Of Thoth, with some supplementation. So for the most part "The Hermit" is Crowley.

LadyMedusa

CreativeFire

LadyMedusa said:
CreativeFire,
I'm sorry I took so long to answer, between life, reading the books and trying to check out the threads on the cards, I just plain forgot to come back to this one.
Yes, that's the book. I see in the threads you have been quoting from it. It can be a bit deep but overall I think it is a big help for me in getting a grasp on this deck.
I'm still in the phase of "this deck is so awesome I don't know where to begin." (and enjoying every moment of it) I think ss soon as I finish the book I will have an idea where to begin.

LadyMedusa

Yes I also find it a bit deep at times and even a tad over my head in some parts! :) But as you say it is certainly helpful, particularly in shedding light on areas that I have absolutely no idea about and pointing out that I need to learn something for a better grasp of what they are talking about. :D

Glad you find the deck so awesome - I do too! I am still working my way through the deck and book and feel that I will be for quite some time. ;)

CreativeFire

WizardOfNines

I have the Rider deck because of an exposure to it in the 50s and it was like meeting an old friend I hadn't seen in ages. It was interesting and all that. Then the more I got into the study the more I was attracted to the Kabala and the "Tree of Life" connection.
As I am so new to Tarot all I have at this point is my impressions but when I bought my AC THOTH tarot deck (Lavender box) I brought it home and opened it and was blown away. I mean BLOWN AWAY!
The deck is overwhelming and I'm not sure I can even get into the study of it and not feel burried under tons of image overload.
I have been on the path for a long time and have seen and done a lot but Tarot is a new experience to me.
I think the card by card study is the only safe way for me to approach this deck. I think it's great that the forum is here to do exactly that. It will take some time to catch up to the group by going through what has already been studied.
Until then know I am in the background learning, learning and learning.

Wasir.

CreativeFire

Wasir, first of all welcome to AT and the Thoth Forum. :)

Glad to have you join us and look forward to you joining in with your thoughts on the cards as you study them. We are all continually learning here, in one way or another, no matter what our experience is with the Thoth and tarot in general, so feel free to ask questions as you go. :) Look forward to reading your posts.

CreativeFire

JulieG

Hi Guys.

Welcome Lady Medusa and Wasir: enjoy being here.

Like Centaur said a while back, I really want the green Thoth. Yes - honestly!

Can I find one though? Heck as like. Tried every Amazon.co.uk deck and they are all the muted green/grey bored.

Isn't it a magnificant deck though - like Wasir and Lady Medusa, I was taken aback by it the moment I aquired it. I have had so many great readings with Thoth and am hoping to really master the deck in time: learn the deeper aspects of numerology/Qabalah/astrology etc.....

Look forward to sharing Tarot stuff with you new guys.

Have fun.

RedMaple

New to the Thoth Study group

I am also new to the Thoth study group -- actually new to the Forum as well. I have been studying, reading for several years on an off, and have avoided the Thoth deck - I guess tbecause of he bad publicity. I've been tiptoe-ing around it for awhile, however, and finally purchased it today.

It is a magnificent deck, as some of you have said. I've been reading the threads on the Majors - up through the Hierophant, and have posted some of my own thoughts. Your discussion has really allowed me to begin exploring this new deck. I look forward to being in conversation with all of you.

I have the big green US Games deck. The colors seem to be fine -- what is the problem with the "green" cards?

CreativeFire

Hi RedMaple - a belated welcome to the Thoth Forum :)

I have already enjoyed catching up on some of your posts in the study threads and just wanted to say, glad to have you with us.

I look forward and hope to see you continue to join in with us as we progress through the deck. Always great to have another's thoughts and insight to get us all thinking. ;)

CreativeFire