Thoth's Message for Me

horoskope88

I finally got myself the Thoth deck. I've actually been reading texts on it for about 2 years now, so I'm pretty familiar with the cards and their imagery, but I only picked up the deck itself a few days ago.

It's actually an older copy of the deck; the most recent copyright date on it is 1987-making it older than me. Of course, that means the colors are a little duller, but it also gives the deck a sort of...antique-like quality. Plus, they've been sitting on the shelf at my friend's family-metaphysical/occult store for more than a decade, so it's absorbed the spiritual energies and magick performed there lol.

So I did an "opening reading" with the deck, selecting a single card from the deck, asking "What do you have to teach me? What will I learn from working with you?"

After blessing the deck, I shuffled, and chose the 2 of Swords. I decided the Thoth deck will teach me:

1). The Thoth deck will help me weigh different sides of a situation and options carefully, so that I may make postive decisions for the greater good with logic, ration, and reason. (2--balance, Swords--logic, reason)
2). The Thoth deck will help me resolve/bring together/integret opposing and conflicting sides of myself (the 2 crossed swords) with love, kindness, and compassion (the flower that keeps those swords together).
3). The Thoth deck will help me rebalance myself and my life when things get crazy. It will help me center myself between extremes. (the Moon in Libra, the sign of balance and harmony; the soft green background is a very balancing tone, neither warm or cool, and acts as a tonic.)

Does anyone else see another message Thoth is trying to tell me that I may have missed? I am hoping to frequent the discussions on this board more often and having some input in them.

(On a side note: I'm sorry, but is this thread appropriate for this board? It is the Thoth discussion board...but this concerns a personal reading...eh...)

CreativeFire

Hi Horoskope - congratulations on your new deck.

It will be great to see you join in our discussions and studies on this desk in the Thoth forum. I look forward to reading your posts. :)

And in regards to your 2 of Swords - I feel that you are on track with your intepretations and wish you well with it.

CreativeFire