Sabian Symbols: History, Info & Articles.

Elven

Lillie :) Hi!!

I'll see what I can do to untangle the Sabian Symbols for you :) But I will reply tomorrow. The posts here basically expand on the Symbols, as they are not visual - as you know - so you can get an 'impression' from other information. Maybe this thread is not useful if your not familiar with the Symbols, but I'll see what I can come up with. Will respond soon! :)

Blessings
Elven x

Lynda

Lillie said:
Hmm.
I just went to www.sabiansymbol.com
It wasn't about sabian symbols, and then it tried to download a truckfull of spyware onto me.

Anyhow. I've been to the other site mentioned somewhere in this thread.
Curious stuff.

Hi Lillie
That link you have is wrong - it's sabiansymbols.com

Thanks
Lynda

Elven

AAAAHHHHH!!!!! Sorry Lynda!! I'll change it by edit on the post!
Correct website:
www.sabiansymbols.com
Blessings
Elven x

Lynda

Hey Elven
No worries, as we are wont to say! You're a gem...

I'd love to answer Lillie's questions and be more involved here an on my own forum on my website, but I"m off to the States on a lecture tour and I've got a lot of work on my plate!

Perhaps someone here can help Lillie with her questions?

Love from Avalon
Lynda

Elven

Hi All :)

Hi Lillie - I have posted some information here:
http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?p=579317#post579317
Please ask any questions I havent covered! :)

Lynda: Your trip sounds amazing. The best of luck!! If you have time - maybe a review of the trip when you get back!! Wishing you all the best! :)

Many Blessings
Elven x

MCsea

Yes Balboa Park

http://www.balboapark.org/info.html

What an interesting place... even in 1925! I found this site.. and thought some how it captured the imagry of the symbols - a symbol centre?

From the site - "Do you fancy photography, folk art or fossils? Are you crazy about cars, trains and planes? Or mad about Old Masters and maybe mummies? Batty for baseball? Or do you just get a kick out of critters like koalas and kangaroos? You can explore all these wonders and more in beautiful Balboa Park, the largest cultural complex west of the Mississippi."

Ok this was not all there then - in physicality.. but Elsie SAW much more than what was physically around anyway.. just interesting..

Marina

Elven

Hi MCsea :)
Thats a great website - the history of the park is something else!

Did you feel like sticking in a little something for 1925!! (LOL) :D I wish I could have.

1925 - Renowned Clairvoyant and Astrolger Elsie Wheeler .....

Well, it was just a thought! LOL :D

Thanks for that!! I'd love to find a picture of the park from around the 1920's. I've looked but havent come across one yet. Heres hoping!

Many Blessings
Elven x

Lynda

Years ago (early 1990's) I went to Balboa Park and sat in the rose garden - which is the place in the park that many think the Symbols came though, but this hasn't been corroborated, and asked for 'help' from Marc and Elsie as I had my first lecture at a really BIG astrology conference in Monterey, California the following week.

It was smack on 7pm and the sun was setting. I sat and asked for help. I had my then husband, Richard, and our two children with us. They left me to sit for a moment by myself to connect with the energies. I hadn't cast a chart for some days, but immediately cast it upon returning to our hotel room. I was delighted to find Aries 16: Brownies Dancing in the Setting Light of the Sun was the degree of the Sun and it was setting and was exactly on the descendant (opposite the ascendant). This is a very strong position and the Brownies were definitely there at Monterey and they've been with me ever since (my dear friends Elven and MCsea are two examples of this being true!!)

The year before last, I went back to Balboa Park with a few friends. We were driving from Anaheim, through San Diego and on to Tucson, Arizona (where I'll be this Sunday!!). We stopped at the park and as we got out of the car, a woman dressed in period costume from around the 1880's stepped out from behind a van. She had a long dress on and a little kerchief hat and looked exactly like someone from Elsie's timeframe would have looked. We three girls gasped as we saw her. It looked like she was reminding us of Elsie.

The park is so magical. Apparently Marc Edmund Jones chose it to do the Symbols because it had been the site of the World Expo a few years before.

Greetings from Sydney, Australia
Lynda

Elven

Thankyou for sharing that wonderful story Lynda - it must have been an amazing time for you being in that space.
I think I read somewhere - possibly from one of your posts - that Elsie Wheeler stayed in the car with Marc Edmund Jones - when they did the Symbols. She was not able to get out due to her arthritis?

Thanks for the post - best of luck for Sunday in Tuscon Arizona!!

Blessings
Elven x