Large Thoth - how to avoid the "greenie" version

McFaire

Image just posted above -- The Magus appears yellow-green instead of golden; that's the missing blue. His background is purple instead of cobalt/midnight blue, again, missing blue. The Devil is gray-green instead of black; again, missing blue.

This is also readily apparent in the shadows, for example on the Magus. In the mid-tones, you can see the missing blue in the sea creatures in Death.

gregory

That REALLY isn't a very green greenie :D

McFaire

That REALLY isn't a very green greenie :D

Certainly not broccoli green! The value problem is more noticeable than the hue really.

Still there is a big difference between the feeling of a warm soft golden versus a cool harsh greenish yellow. Color is very important in this deck.

Awakened Queen

I bought large ones on Amazon, and the borders are not green.

gregory

Check the detail - the actual lines on the borders - top centre and top corners. - there's a comparison of two cards in a post of mine where you can see that greenies have different ornamentation. Also the font of "TRUMPS" and the suit names is different on almost all greenies.

McFaire

Check the detail - the actual lines on the borders - top centre and top corners. - there's a comparison of two cards in a post of mine where you can see that greenies have different ornamentation. Also the font of "TRUMPS" and the suit names is different on almost all greenies.

It doesn't really matter to me. The hue is obviously off and the value is way off. The borders are seafoam. It's a very different reading experience, a very different aesthetic experience.

gregory

No - I meant whether AwakenedQueen has a greenie - sounds like not !

McFaire

No - I meant whether AwakenedQueen has a greenie - sounds like not !

Oh, lol. Hopefully I can just buy one on Amazon and get what I want, although I have my eye on a large Swiss on eBay, unopened.

I have the USG Swiss pocket printed in Belgium and the USG standard printed in the China, and actually, the standard is slightly better card stock. The images are great on both.

gregory

If the Swiss really is unopened (blue box ?) you should be OK.