What's Your Card . . . and where do you find it?

cardlady22

my unbridled endorsement

}) For me, the System is best explored & presented by Iain McLaren-Owens. His edition of The Mystic Test Book [AR:11 6th edition] is a whopper because he went through all the examples & charts- found mistakes & corrected them. (You could spend a lifetime ferreting out all the things presented in the MTB, and Iain has done so!)

These are my Essentials:

[AC:8PE / AC:8CD] The "Key" Spread ~ this is the Pure order cards; absolutely the best presentation of how & why the 52 Squares should be ordered

[AC: 14BK/PE/CD] Planetary Squares ~ describes the energies for each of the 52 squares and how it might affect the card sitting there

[AC: 9] Aspects ~ explains his pattern of assignments; an excellent exercise in learning to critique/evaluate any system- even if you end up not preferring them ;)

~ * ~ * ~

May I use you as another example to show info from Iain's Planetary Squares? In the Pure (or Key) Spread, your 4:diamond: sits in square #30- Venus in; Saturn out

"Ideally the card of Constructive Values utilizes its creativity in order to establish the most practical conditions for all. The process comes from the past with the potential beginning to be reworked."

In the Life Spread, your 4:diamond: sits in square #44 - Venus in; Neptune out

"The card of Working Production utilizes the past to gain understanding in order to promote a positive outlook. Overly focusing on financial matters can cause the inability to maintain concentration, or for one to become deluded and unreachable. Self-importance and impracticality must be overcome as they can lead to failure;
security, diligence and constructive conditions are necessary for achieving success."

~ * ~ * ~

Olney Richmond referred to Magnetic Readings. This is a method of shuffling the entire deck, laying it out & then giving the client a Reading. Not much emphasis or work has been done with this. Most authors have focused on the 90 Spread/Plate data. So, it's a New Frontier!

Attachments

• A-C PriceList.pdf
    73.9 KB · Views: 747

cardlady22

Marina said:
I have a silly question - why did you call it "ascending order"? I cannot see that just by looking at the calendar (I have attached a picture of it!). :|
This is referring to the pips or numerals only:
Ascending goes from lowest to highest: A 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 J Q K

The Richmond-based card-to-day assignment is Descending in numeral as well as Solar Value:
K Q J 10 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 A
*And believe it or not, there is an even more complicated method of calculation in the Mystic Test Book! Apparently, Olney & the older types really got off on it!
Marina said:
Thanks for the formulae, by the way, I don't think I'll try them because I'm a math-challenged person, lol! :laugh: But it seems this calendar system is far more complex than I had first imagined!
I've been trying to use it to bull-doze my own math aversion. :p But, yes, for most people it is enough to work out a couple of dates & then switch to using the handy-dandy Birth Card Chart. :thumbsup:

cardlady22

OK, I'm sitting here trying to remember back to when I started and all of this was stuff I had never seen before. Except for the 3 cards on the top row, you can imagine the Grand Solar Spread as a chess board. Chess pieces have specific ways they can move. Does it help any of you to envision that each year of your life, you have "come visiting" in a new world? Or perhaps a college class would be more fitting. For this class, you have a new professor and you must learn & adapt to this style of presentation. Then you go to the next one.

cardlady22

Life Path chart - Seven of Diamonds

ETA: I changed the earlier posts in the thread to this format. Does it make more sense this way?

I'm going to use Lutestring for the example this time. :grin:
Sep 4 ~ 7:diamond: Virgo

If I were filling out a form for her, it would look like this:

Sun: 7:diamond: then following left in that row
Mer: 5:spade:
Ven: J:heart:
Mar: 9:club:
Jup: 9:spade:
Sat: 2:heart:
Ura: K:heart: moved down to the next row
Nep: K:diamond:
Plu: 6:heart:
Bac: 4:club:
Vul: 2:diamond:
Moo: J:spade:
Ear: 8:club:

Since Virgo is ruled by Mercury, she would specify herself as a 7:diamond:/5:spade:

2 Jacks, 2 Nines, 2 Kings
4 Hearts, 3 Clubs, 3 Diamonds, 3 Spades

Attachments

• LutesLP.jpg
    LutesLP.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 728

cardlady22

wheel chart

Most of the chart forms I've seen (printout or online) are done in Circular or wheel format. So, depending on the author, they will arrange these 13 cards (and a lot of others) into the appropriate wedge and give you the corresponding dates for each period.

This is the chart set up using Thomas Morrell's Mystic Quadrates format.
**free online page has been removed; they do have a downloadable program
http://www.sageasita.com/mystic-quadrate-system.html
**look at Quadrate Wheel help manual webpage
He places the Sun/Birth in the center. Then you begin reading at the Left with the Mercury wedge and follow the wheel counter-clockwise, just like an astrology chart.
http://theancientbookoftime.com/index.html

Ian McLaren-Owens' Astro-Cards/Magian Cardology format places the Sun card on the Left (where the astrological Ascendant/Rising Sign sits) and follows around counter-clockwise. The 13th Card gets placed in the Center.
**see attached LnAblank ~ this form was made for me by Deborah Lowrey. I put the Life Path cards in the row along the top, and then put the Current Age/Year cards into the Circular Wheel below.

ETA: Please look back at some of the edits for the Life Path posts to see if it's more understandable now.

Attachments

• LnAblank.jpg
    LnAblank.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 731
  • MQmasterColor.gif
    MQmasterColor.gif
    36.5 KB · Views: 756

linnie

That's awesome, but, after too much Christmas shopping, my brain cannot compute... I'm tagging the thread, though, for future reference!!! :)

So... There are repeat Qhearts, or 4 diamonds, or... Does that make the 4 diamonds clan somehow related, like Cap/Aquarian cusp Earth Dogs or Scorpio/Libra cusp Fire Tigers etc????

cardlady22

multiple dates sharing a card

linnie said:
So... There are repeat Qhearts, or 4 diamonds, or... Does that make the 4 diamonds clan somehow related, like Cap/Aquarian cusp Earth Dogs or Scorpio/Libra cusp Fire Tigers etc????
Hello, linnie!

Yes, there are varying days assigned to the 52 cards. Some appear only once in the calendar:
K:spade: Q:spade: 2:heart: A:heart:
Others appear 12 times and are distinguished by the Planetary/Ruling Cards for their zodiac sign. Another cool thing to do is look at the Sabian Symbols for the average degree of the days sharing the same card.
http://www.sabiansymbols.com/article-detail2d45.html?id=1453

For example, today (Dec 23) is the 8:heart: - Capricorn 1
"An Indian chief claims recognition and power from the assembled tribe."
Capricorn is ruled by Saturn, so it gets the 8:diamond:

Other 8:heart: dates are

Aug 31 - Virgo 8 "A girl takes her first dancing instruction."
Virgo is ruled by Mercury, so it gets the 6:club:

Sep 29 - Libra 6 "A man watches his ideals taking a concrete form before his inner vision."
Libra is ruled by Venus, so it gets the 6:spade:

Oct 27 - Scorpio 4 A youth holding a lighted candle in a devotional ritual gains a sense of the great 'other world'."
Scorpio is ruled by Mars, so it gets the Q:heart:
*some assign Pluto, so that would be A:club:

Nov 25 - Sagittarius 3 "Two men playing chess."
Sagittarius is ruled by Jupiter, so it gets the 10:club:

:arrow: You can find more info on Sabian Symbols in

*An Astrological Mandala: The Cycle of Transformations and its 360 Symbolic Phases by Dane Rudhyar
*The Complete Guide to Crystal Astrology by Marina Costelloe

or use the info from Lynda Hill's book 360 Degrees of Wisdom on her website
http://www.sabiansymbols.com/article-detailb723.html?id=1456

I've actually jotted the date and Playing Card alongside the entries in my copies of these books. :grin:

Attachments

• 8hLifeP.jpg
    8hLifeP.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 733

linnie

Thank you, cardlady22 :)

Lots of info, none of which is sinking in at present, but I can feel it in my waters that it is valuable stuff indeed!!! I've already had a sneak peak at Marina's book, and at the Sabian symbols, being a symbol enthusiast myself.. Both look very interesting, and I will definitely keep following and try to make sense of it all.

I take some small comfort in the fact that I've not yet read another thread where so many posts refer to the mind-bogglingness of it all, and yet, it feels wonderful..Thank you for taking the time to share :)

cardlady22

It took me about 2.5 years to sort through the info presented by the 3 main authors I found: Camp Q:diamond:, Morrell K:heart: & McLaren-Owens K:diamond:. Actually, I had ordered a small business card set of the spreads & birthdates from Robert Lee Camp and then let them sit for a year before I really put my nose into it. The most frustrating part of this is that if you have someone on video or sitting right next to you- it clicks very quickly. The physical laying out of the cards seemed to work like triggers. As a child, I loved playing 2 forms of solitaire: the Pyramid and the Clock. Imagine my sense of wonder as an adult to read through the mythos behind the Science of the Cards!

I didn't have the $$ to buy videos or go to workshops, so I spent a lot of time sending emails back & forth, asking questions on Yahoo! Groups, etc.

Stormdancer

OK...I'm kinda sorta getting it, but not really :D I'm confused by the planet thing. I'm gonna print up some of the stuff I saved from the other night...I'm confusing myself...