Show your Playing Cards!

MareSaturni

As most of people know, my favorite deck of playing card is the Playing Card Oracles. It's also my favorite method of reading playing cards.

But I do have some other decks I really love.

One of them was a gift from dear TCO, the "Rameses Fortune Telling Cards". It's an antique deck, from 1920. It is a normal PC deck, with keywords to help you to read. It has very beautiful gilt edges!

You'd think that a deck with those fortune-tellerish keywords is unreadable, but surprisingly enough I got very good readings from this deck! And the deck is wonderful to shuffle, because it it is so old.

The picture linked above is not of my deck, it's a picture I found on the web. My actual deck comes in a bordeaux box. :) But the cards look just the same! You can read more about this deck here.

Other decks that I love are the 19th century playing cards by Samuel Hart & Co. My all time favorite is the this design, from 1860 (this is a picture of my actual deck), but I also like this "modern" rendition.

You can see other design by Samuel Hart & Co. here.

Le Fanu

Marina said:
Other decks that I love are the 19th century playing cards by Samuel Hart & Co. My all time favorite is the this design, from 1860 (this is a picture of my actual deck)
I love this deck (found it in Brazil! R$5.00!). I also have it. Mine was reisued by Fournier. Love the weird faces!

Belinda2

My collection

see my posting above.

Le Fanu

Links don't work for me...

Belinda2

MoonGypsy said:
sorry about that I will go ahead from a different location and list them again tomorrow.

Mi-Shell

I just traded my Key to the Kingdom cards to gregory, but here are 2 sets of my Bergsma playing cards:

Attachments

• Bergsma Garden Spirits Playing Cards.jpg
    Bergsma Garden Spirits Playing Cards.jpg
    279.7 KB · Views: 550
  • Bergsma Animal Playing Cards.jpg
    Bergsma Animal Playing Cards.jpg
    302.3 KB · Views: 524

cardlady22

Oh, Mi-Shell! Those are lovely!

gregory

I feel guilty now. Do you want them back ? :) Speak now; or they leave the country at the end of the week !

They ARE fun :)