Orphalese Tarot Software

Baroli

Barbaras Ahajusts said:
:) Hero/Purple Scorp,

The only way I am able to insert a photo of a reading into an email, is with an mail program that gives me the option to insert a photo directly into my email. (Using the attachment puts it elsewhere and defeats the purpose of an impact reading.)

I know Outlook has a button within its email to click, to "Insert Photo."
My Walmart ISP mail program has the "Insert Photo" option too. I believe AOL has that option too (?).

I can't use yahoo, juno or the free Netscape mail programs to insert a picture into the email itself. That may be because they are free?

When I create an email I then click the "Insert Photo" key thats is on the email tool bar. Then I can paste the photo onto the top of the page, or where ever I want it to be.

But if you are refering to a web page that I do, pm me and I will send you the link to it. Its a bit of a shocker deck, but its just a web page I do on Angelfire for free, for a group!

Thank you for reminding me of that shortcut! That one is now TAPED to my moniter!! I always forget my shortcut keys except the F6 for doing up my datacard.xml!!!!

Hugs!
Barbara

That is correct Barbara, they are free emails and real basic stuff.

baroli 52

purple_scorp

Barbaras Ahajusts said:
:)The only way I am able to insert a photo of a reading into an email, is with an mail program that gives me the option to insert a photo directly into my email. (Using the attachment puts it elsewhere and defeats the purpose of an impact reading.)
Hi Barbara,
thanks for clarifying that. I know you can do the same in hotmail too.

Okay, so back to the original dilemma, combining the two files. You can just attach the two files, .rtf (reading notes) and .jpg (screen image) to an email and mail that. Or, if you have software like MS Word, you would be able to open a new file and insert the jpg, then insert the rtf so that's it's all together in a nice format. :)

with love
purple_scorp

Barbaras Ahajusts

Ah Tole ya!

I tolded you it takes me more than a dozen emails to explain anything, LOL. Call it airheadness! ;p Tee hee!

Uhmm, lets see
1. I click my create email.
2. I then click my insert saved picture. (Picture always on top...)
3...OHHH...I FORGOT THIS STEP, I had COPIED the RTF, and then Pasted it into the email after I inserted the pic!
(Geez, I am really an airhead!)

Whew! Ok, copy and paste. Thats it!

Did I do good, Purple Scorp?? ;0)

Barbara (hiding her head)

purple_scorp

Oh Barbara,

of course you did good!!!!! Any knowledge that we have that we share is a treasure. Thanks for the step-by-step.......

with love
purple_scorp

jmd

This month's Association for Tarot Studies's Newsletter features a review of Orphalese by our own purple_scorp... getting out in the next 24 hours.

...so I'll also make a note in the email that accompanies the Newsletter on your behalf, Kaworito.

Moongold

Another way of using Orphalese.

Something that I do with Orphalese now which relates a little to some of the questions discussed here.

If you want to get emailable copies of readings, the following way is a possibility.

• 1. Create your spread in Spread Wizard.

2. Create a template for your readings in Reading Wizard. There are a few possibilities for style and so on. I usually write the spread position and meaning here as well. The more thought and care you take in setting this up the better.

3. Throw the cards in the usually way.

4. Do the reading in Rich Text Editor and Remember to be thoughtful and careful as to how you write the reading. You can refer to other cards and their connections with the card you're referring to. You're not restricted to writing about the image which appears

5. Your reading will appear with text and cards beautifully illustrated. Unfortunately the diagram with the spread position will not appear there, but you can around this by naming your spread position as already allowed in Spread Wizard and Reading Wizard.

6. Print in PDF (portable document format) and save to your hard disk in a folder of your choice. You can then attach the PDF copy of your reading to any email.

7. You could also attach a screen image of the entire spread in the way that Purple_Scorp explains.

You can get free software on the web which enables you to print documents in PDF form.

I'm experimenting with this but find it quite an interesting way of doing emailable readings. It is really important for me that the querent has the image to see while s/he reads the reading and this is a good way of doing it.

Of course one has to download or scan in whole decks to the Orphalese program and this takes time but is worthwhile.

I'm now keeping my daily readings in this way and it enables me to look back and track how I'm doing.

Kaworito

jmd said:
This month's Association for Tarot Studies's Newsletter features a review of Orphalese by our own purple_scorp... getting out in the next 24 hours.

...so I'll also make a note in the email that accompanies the Newsletter on your behalf, Kaworito.

Thanks... SOO MUCH :D

purple_scorp

jmd said:

Here's the link for those that would like to read the online version of the review.

with love
purple_scorp

GoddessArtemis

I finally broke down a month ago and bought the full version Orphalese. I LOVE it! I still do readings with my own real-time decks, but here are some of the pluses as to why you might want to own this:

1. You have access to MANY decks AND spreads
2. You can save each reading and add notes to it, and come back to look back and see how it seems to you at a later time
3. You can also get a freeze-frame of the spread and save/email it to others (great for readings for others or if you need help for someone to eye-ball your spread for you)
4. You can create your own spreads on there, and use/re-use them
5. You can add "notes" to each reading; has pop-up notes ability
6. You have access to new decks/spreads on a daily basis; they're uploaded to the members-only website

And I could go on and on, but I have to get back to work!

I reallllly love the program and highly recommend it!

GA