The Cartomancy Study Thread

zhadee

Could that be a good start to interpretation? We need a group leader here... hehehe, a master, teacher, miss with the rod who's going to hit on our fingers if we go off track... zhadee? :p:joke:

Do we really need a group leader? :D I don't think so.
Though maybe later we might need some rules.

Oops.. zhadee, was the card you pulled the one we were supposed to all chip in on, or do we each pull one out individually? What would be a good way to proceed?

Oh, I'm sorry. This was today's card to study for me, I was sort of talking to myself. :p

For me, picking one card and 'wearing' it all day long works fine. I don't know if I need to do this with every card, especially when dealing with the nastier ones - like spades, 7's, and 9 of Spades :bugeyed: Engaging myself with them on a working day might have some downsides.

Doing so might be too slow for you, AnemoneRosie or Cosmic.

Honestly, I have no idea how to study these cards. But I have been reading each page of the Hedgewytchery and I still need to learn them by 'wearing' them for one day in order to grasp their full meaning.

zhadee

3 of hearts

my card to study: 3 :heart:

3’s are the number of growth – the third thing produced from the union of two things.

:heart: is family, love, and friends.

An addition to the family, a growing love, 3 friends, 3 mates. A group thing.

AraLuck

Queen of Diamonds

My card today is the Q:diamond:

The Queen represents a woman and diamonds are the suit of spring and fire. So yes, someone who has a rather hot temper, perhaps. Someone creative and passionate. A lover, a promiscuous woman? Hot-blooded female, in any case. If that's me today, well, the card didn't do a good job because all I did was vegetate. But if that's me on the other days, then yes, potentially I could fit some of the elements of the descriptions below.

"...The grande dame/The gossip/The flirt" or "A very fair woman, or one with white hair. A woman of wealth or financial means. A woman who is intelligent and quick. She may be a socialite, and is generally somewhat superficial. Like the King, she likes travel and have new experiences. A female professor. The truth of a financial matter."

If that card pertains to me today, it may be relating to my being quite social and the social event I have coming up tomorrow.

zhadee

Maybe one card isn't that interesting... presently, I don't have a lot to say about a single card due to my lack of experience. All I can do is quote the masters.

What do you think about taking the next step? Following Hedgewytchery's secondmost rule: let's pick 3 cards randomly so they may work as an oracle, and just focus on colours and suits.

I get :heart: :diamond: :diamond:

All 3 cards are red, everything is alright. All is fair and fine. If there is a problem, there will be a solution. Emotional generosity brings success.

zhadee

My card today is the Q:diamond:

The Queen represents a woman and diamonds are the suit of spring and fire. So yes, someone who has a rather hot temper, perhaps. Someone creative and passionate. A lover, a promiscuous woman? Hot-blooded female, in any case. If that's me today, well, the card didn't do a good job because all I did was vegetate. But if that's me on the other days, then yes, potentially I could fit some of the elements of the descriptions below.

"...The grande dame/The gossip/The flirt" or "A very fair woman, or one with white hair. A woman of wealth or financial means. A woman who is intelligent and quick. She may be a socialite, and is generally somewhat superficial. Like the King, she likes travel and have new experiences. A female professor. The truth of a financial matter."

If that card pertains to me today, it may be relating to my being quite social and the social event I have coming up tomorrow.

salut ma chére,

the cardseerhttps://cardseer.wordpress.com/cartomancy-card-meanings/diamonds/ writes:

Characteristics of Diamond Suit
Intelligent, independent, restless, imaginative, extravagant, impulsive, impatient, optimistic, spiritual, dynamic, analytical, speedy, high strung.

Queen of Diamonds
Intelligent, imaginative, energetic, professional woman who is cultured and financially secure. She might be a wealthy jet-setter, a celebrity, an account executive, a CPA, a bank manager, or a government official. She may be a relative by marriage.

I think, as a message one playing card is of very little use. It is just one word, a noun and an adjective.
It does not say what you do with your intelligence, independency. How to deal with your restless imagination, and in which area of life you like to use your extravagant, impulsive and impatient skills. :D

CosmicBeing

oh, I hope you feel better soon!

Been a crazy week... I mostly dealt with migraines.. so my organization & memory has been crap this week.

I've added NewWorldWitchery to the cool link section :D I've written his meanings on my cards which helps me a great deal. Funny as well...

Today, I kept thinking about the Q :spade:, I was checking for signs of her, and I tried to recognise the energy. I think this is the way of getting acquainted with the cards. I have done so with the Tarot, but lost interest half-way through the pile of cards.

Thinking about getting another deck of cards that have more space on it for me to write on it.

I have a tarot deck that replace the swords, cups, wands, & pentacles with the playing suits and then there are the major arcana (sp?) cards.

I've tried to do daily draws for all my decks as I was learning them... but it was over kill for me. I like the 1 month forecasts....either I'll be wrong by pulling wrong cards or I'll be correct.

CosmicBeing

I tried a week reading for me...

What will happen to me between August 16th - August 22nd

7 :diamond:
Lies; Deceit and falsehood. The Seven of Diamonds indicates that the questioner is being lied to
by someone. This lie may or may not have to do with money, but almost always has to do with
happiness. Perhaps the client is happy being lied to, and little white lies sustain him/her—this could
certainly be the case if a Jack of Diamonds, Clubs, or Hearts were nearby. More often, though, the lies
indicate trouble to come.

K :heart:
The client; Soulmate. Just like the Queen of Hearts, this card can represent either a male client or
a soulmate. I know some people will ask about homosexual couples, and I will say that despite the
gender pairings implied by the card faces, the meaning “soulmate” still applies to gay couples. Since
there aren’t two Kings of Hearts in a deck, a gay man will see his ideal mate represented as a Queen of
Hearts. The reverse is true if a gay woman sees a King of Hearts in her reading—she can expect to meet
the girl of her dreams

5 :heart:
– A chapel; Fertility; A bed. The Five of Hearts shows the healthy development of a romance,
leading to family and (potentially) marriage. Paired with something like the Queen of Diamonds, it
almost certainly means a wedding of some kind. Paired with a Jack of Hearts, be prepared for a new
member of the family in nine months. Paired with a Nine of Clubs, however, this card could just mean
someone needs a good night’s sleep.

J :diamond:
Good news; A girl. This card displays a young boy (or possibly a young girl, hence the card’s
alternate meaning). At one time these cards were known as Knaves instead of Jacks, and would have
been similar to a knight’s squire. In the context of a card reading, this Jack means that some good news
is about to arrive. Or that a beautiful girl is about to arrive. Which might also be good news, depending
on your point of view.

8 :diamond:
Gossip; Idle chatter. Much like the Two of Diamonds, this card means an exchange of
information, although it usually is information of little value. It can also indicate talking about money,
getting good news about one’s fortunes or finances, or someone’s natural wit. Paired with something
like the Two of Spades, it might mean something like “loose lips sink ships,” and that one should hold
one’s tongue for a while.
~~~~
Conclusion
Deceits/lies pertaining to a male love/client (more likely a client...not involved with anyone). 7 :diamond: + K :heart:

K :heart: + 5 :heart: may indicate a male who is in love is developing a healthy relationship with someone or may be considering marriage.

5 :heart: + J :diamond: it may indicate development of a family or romance indicates good news

j :diamond: + 8 :diamond: Good news that is just gossip.

I think this all is pointing to that there is going to be lies about a male being in love and developing marriage material relationship bring good news (which is false) through gossip.

It sounds like something that may happen....gossip does exist in my life lol. So I might hear something through the grape vine of some man getting marriage but the gossip is false or slightly untrue.

Most likely has nothing to do with me because I am not involved with anyone.

zhadee

reading forecast - August 15th - 21th

Cosmic, this looks good. :) I'll do the same

reading forecast - August 15th - 21th:
10 :spade: - Q :spade: - 4 :diamond: - 2 :diamond: - 10 :heart:

This week starts with a feeling of meh... I'll take the new world witchery guide's meanings

10 :spade:
The Graveyard. The aftermath of woe and trouble. The good thing is - the worst is over. Yes, I am now busy picking myself up again.

Q :spade:
The Cruel Mother. A seductress. Jealousy. Also an unpleasant truth, or a lie, from Hedgewytchery.

4 :diamond:
The Purse. No news. Hm, not sure if that is a good thing.

2 :diamond:
Birds. Exchange of funds. So there are news?

10 :heart:
A happy family. A Fire. Things fall into place. Now those should be good news.

Colours:
Working out of a problem to success, enjoying what's there.
2x 10 - a circle comes to a close.

The whole thing in one phrase: me feeling worn-out and lonely, comes to a halt. It won't get worse, it will stagnate and then it will be better.

AraLuck

salut ma chére,

the cardseerhttps://cardseer.wordpress.com/cartomancy-card-meanings/diamonds/ writes:

I think, as a message one playing card is of very little use. It is just one word, a noun and an adjective.
It does not say what you do with your intelligence, independency. How to deal with your restless imagination, and in which area of life you like to use your extravagant, impulsive and impatient skills. :D
I agree... and I was totally going to copy cat you as I was going to try and fast track myself into three cards here. Starting my new job tomorrow so will need to focus on that. But will try and sit with a three carder asap!

Sent from my Lenovo Z90a40 using Tapatalk

zhadee

CosmicBeing

I tried a week reading for me...

What will happen to me between August 16th - August 22nd

All red cards - all is fair and fine.
Pattern is :diamond: :heart: :diamond: - you are able to enjoy the fruits of your labour.

7 :diamond:
Lies; Deceit and falsehood. The Seven of Diamonds indicates that the questioner is being lied to
by someone. This lie may or may not have to do with money, but almost always has to do with
happiness. Perhaps the client is happy being lied to, and little white lies sustain him/her—this could
certainly be the case if a Jack of Diamonds, Clubs, or Hearts were nearby. More often, though, the lies
indicate trouble to come.

7 is trouble, :diamond: is money and wealth. I have started to see this card as "bogus money", not all that glitters is gold.

K :heart:
The client; Soulmate. Just like the Queen of Hearts, this card can represent either a male client or
a soulmate. I know some people will ask about homosexual couples, and I will say that despite the
gender pairings implied by the card faces, the meaning “soulmate” still applies to gay couples. Since
there aren’t two Kings of Hearts in a deck, a gay man will see his ideal mate represented as a Queen of
Hearts. The reverse is true if a gay woman sees a King of Hearts in her reading—she can expect to meet
the girl of her dreams

King is power and men, :heart: is love, family and friends. That might be a nice, artistic and emotional man, somebody who likes you. He follows the 7 :diamond:, he helps you to discover the lie.

5 :heart:
– A chapel; Fertility; A bed. The Five of Hearts shows the healthy development of a romance,
leading to family and (potentially) marriage. Paired with something like the Queen of Diamonds, it
almost certainly means a wedding of some kind. Paired with a Jack of Hearts, be prepared for a new
member of the family in nine months. Paired with a Nine of Clubs, however, this card could just mean
someone needs a good night’s sleep.

5 is body and health; :heart: is love, family and friends. The helping hand of a friend. Support.

J :diamond:
Good news; A girl. This card displays a young boy (or possibly a young girl, hence the card’s
alternate meaning). At one time these cards were known as Knaves instead of Jacks, and would have
been similar to a knight’s squire. In the context of a card reading, this Jack means that some good news
is about to arrive. Or that a beautiful girl is about to arrive. Which might also be good news, depending
on your point of view.

Jack is a message, :diamond: is money, wealth and means. A cheque? Money transfer? As a person, this could be a pretty girl.

8 :diamond:
Gossip; Idle chatter. Much like the Two of Diamonds, this card means an exchange of
information, although it usually is information of little value. It can also indicate talking about money,
getting good news about one’s fortunes or finances, or someone’s natural wit. Paired with something
like the Two of Spades, it might mean something like “loose lips sink ships,” and that one should hold
one’s tongue for a while.

8 is thoughts and plans, :diamond: is money and wealth. Lots of thoughts, many plans. So the pretty girl is a chatterbox.
8 is about balance, counting, getting things right. Also looking, watching, and glasses - maybe the pretty girl wears glasses? And she likes to look and watch and talk all day long.

No clubs - nothing gets done.
No spades - no troubles :)
~~~~