The Cartomancy Study Thread

CosmicBeing

Cosmic, this looks good. :) I'll do the same

reading forecast - August 15th - 21th:
10 :spade: - Q :spade: - 4 :diamond: - 2 :diamond: - 10 :heart:

This week starts with a feeling of meh... I'll take the new world witchery guide's meanings

10 :spade:
The Graveyard. The aftermath of woe and trouble. The good thing is - the worst is over. Yes, I am now busy picking myself up again.

Agree with this statement

Q :spade:
The Cruel Mother. A seductress. Jealousy. Also an unpleasant truth, or a lie, from Hedgewytchery.

A female rival.
I think the worst is over that was caused by a female rival.

4 :diamond:
The Purse. No news. Hm, not sure if that is a good thing.

This female rival might have been trying to get information or money from you.

or could be the female rival have no news.

2 :diamond:
Birds. Exchange of funds. So there are news?

This card is about sharing, whether that’s
news and gossip (like the birds), or sharing your luck or fortune with someone else. It can indicate a
partnership of some kind, but usually not a business one so much as a financial one.

10 :heart:
A happy family. A Fire. Things fall into place. Now those should be good news.

Be aware, however, that as with all fires, this one can burn.

seems to be saying..that your week is going to be starting out with woe, suffering, and fighting. (Warnings/trouble)

Mid-week is signify money, fortune, luck, and happiness. They also can relate to messages or news, or social interaction.

End of week is deep emotions as well as family, friends, and lovers. These cards often represent people well-known to the questioner.

Conclusion

I think the worst is over pertaining to a female river who might have been trying to get money from you...having you to share your fortune of home life/everything falling into place.

Seems like someone one might have been trying to get something from the fortune you have been having in your life...but this week it seems like the worst is over pertaining this.

Well hopefully by end of August 21st we'll know what the cards are pointing to.

AraLuck

Mine till the end of this week:

5 :spade: 4 :club: 4 :diamond:

Ok, so I will start with the colour coding, which seems to indicate the light at the end of the tunnel, since the beginning of the week is 5:spade: which I learnt it beurk, anything to do with :spade:

Onto to the details:

5 :spade: Fives are "Groups; Bodily things; Gains/Losses", and spades are lessons, the hard stuff. And indeed, I am going through some painful moments, but letting them go... 'burying the hatchet' as one site says... so the hatchet is with painful emotions, and that's it.

4 :club: Fours are easy: stable and square, stagnating. Also perhaps about decisions. " Clubs are work, the grounded elements etc, right?

"A horse and cart; A plowed field. This card is about potential. The Four of Clubs definitely means that for the moment nothing is happening, but that now is the time to prepare for inevitable change. By “tilling” and “plowing” oneself or one’s business plans, the eventual outcome will be far better than one would get just sitting on one’s hands"

Indeed, my new job... hitting the new desk. Continuing plodding along with things pertaining to work. Things will remain flat this week it seems, on that front.

So one to the 'light': 4 :diamond:

Diamonds are 'fire and spring', related to money and fire.
'A closed purse which neither receives nor spends money'
I am not in the spring, but this perhaps indicate a stabilising financial situation.

My reading relates to passing from some darker, more sorrowful moments...these are related to my thoughts about things and emotions etc... my learnt lessons. Also perhaps if surrounded by this 'work and finances cards, dealing with leaving one job and moving on to another. Leaving my old job isn't quite done as I have agreed to some tasks until the end of the month, and I have been dealing with an annoying former boss... so could be part of the sorrows.

So rather a plain week with the start of the new job. Just stabilising myself and I see nothing wrong with that! :D

zhadee

Mine till the end of this week:

5 :spade: 4 :club: 4 :diamond:

Ok, so I will start with the colour coding, which seems to indicate the light at the end of the tunnel, since the beginning of the week is 5:spade: which I learnt it beurk, anything to do with :spade:

salut ma chére, not much to add...

Onto to the details:

5 :spade: Fives are "Groups; Bodily things; Gains/Losses", and spades are lessons, the hard stuff. And indeed, I am going through some painful moments, but letting them go... 'burying the hatchet' as one site says... so the hatchet is with painful emotions, and that's it.

Spades are troubles; 5 are gains or losses. I have read somewhere that traditionally, this card is seen as a hand and a knife. So something gets cut from your life, and you need to bury it.

4 :club: Fours are easy: stable and square, stagnating. Also perhaps about decisions. " Clubs are work, the grounded elements etc, right?

"A horse and cart; A plowed field. This card is about potential. The Four of Clubs definitely means that for the moment nothing is happening, but that now is the time to prepare for inevitable change. By “tilling” and “plowing” oneself or one’s business plans, the eventual outcome will be far better than one would get just sitting on one’s hands"

Indeed, my new job... hitting the new desk. Continuing plodding along with things pertaining to work. Things will remain flat this week it seems, on that front.

:club: is work and business; 4 is decisions, stagnation and choices. I see a claim, a workspace.
This looks like moving on, like you put your energy in things you do. Your work is the foundation.

So one to the 'light': 4 :diamond:

Diamonds are 'fire and spring', related to money and fire.
'A closed purse which neither receives nor spends money'
I am not in the spring, but this perhaps indicate a stabilising financial situation.

My reading relates to passing from some darker, more sorrowful moments...these are related to my thoughts about things and emotions etc... my learnt lessons. Also perhaps if surrounded by this 'work and finances cards, dealing with leaving one job and moving on to another. Leaving my old job isn't quite done as I have agreed to some tasks until the end of the month, and I have been dealing with an annoying former boss... so could be part of the sorrows.

So rather a plain week with the start of the new job. Just stabilising myself and I see nothing wrong with that! :D

:diamond: are fortune, money, and success. What ever you do leads to success. You feel comfortable with yourself. Very stable and calm. This also looks like a desk, or a table.
The transition from 5 to 4 signifies an element getting lost. Like you pull a thorn, and now you may heal. Something uncomfortable disappears from your life. You need to work yourself out of it, and you will regain your stability. :)

AraLuck

salut ma chére, not much to add...

...The transition from 5 to 4 signifies an element getting lost. Like you pull a thorn, and now you may heal. Something uncomfortable disappears from your life. You need to work yourself out of it, and you will regain your stability. :)

Or someone getting lost? :D

Hehe... merci ma douce! Working towards this stability!

AraLuck

For 18/08/16

10 :diamond: 9 :spade: 2 :club:

I've pulled this 'about tomorrow'... let's see what this says.

Colour code: R, B, B - from light to darkness. Ouch :/

10 :diamond: - "And ten is the end" - means the completion of something, even travel. This can pertain to the end of a financial deal. "Money and travel highlighted. Fortunate changes." The Ten of Diamonds leaves little room for any sorrow or woe, and generally indicates the fulfillment of financial goals and personal derams. Of course, as Willy Wonka said, “Do you know what happened to the boy who suddenly got everything he ever wanted?” Oh, wait, he lived happily ever after…" -- with the next card? Not sure!

9 :spade: "Nine heralds changes" Spades are badass. So a badass change. "Bad luck in all things. Depression and low energy. Destruction, deaths. Extreme anxiety." OMG! :bugeyed::bugeyed:

It gets worse:
"– A funeral; A coffin; A ghost. The Nine of Spades looks like a funeral procession as scene from above, with pallbearers carrying a black coffin (at least that’s one way to see it). This could indicate some kind of grieving process, the need for ritual and order to restore balance, or just a need to put an end to things. In some cases, this card may mean that someone or something from the past is still haunting the subject (it may even indicate a literal haunting). " Yikes.

2 :club: 2 is a partnership/exchange. This to me looks like a business deal. – "A handshake; Business partnership. The Two of Clubs shows an agreement or arrangement made between two people, often for the sake of business or stability. It can indicate a treaty or alliance of some kind, or a pairing up to overcome obstacles in the way."

I also see "Gossip. Disappointments and opposition" .

This looks to me like money loss. It could be someone helping out with money issues. I have had some bad investments and have asked for help about it. The middle card is terrifying, but the 2 Clubs brings a little bit of comfort... if read positively. If negatively it could mean difficulties in resolving the financial matter at hand. This could have to do with either the car or the property I am trying to sell. I may get an offer which is not at all what I want, but which I will have to take anyway as I cannot keep the car. So it could just be bitter disappointment over a poor sale of the car. Will update!

AraLuck

19/08/16

My cards today are

King :diamond: 2:heart: 6 :spade:

(Will return to add meaning)

zhadee

AraLuck

10 :diamond: 9 :spade: 2 :club:

I've pulled this 'about tomorrow'... let's see what this says.

Colour code: R, B, B - from light to darkness. Ouch :/

AraLove, just a short glimpse before you give the solution to this mystery :party:

Looks like yesterday some project came to an end, which wasn't as successful as expected, but at least it came to an end. There will be an evaluation, and there is some lesson to learn from this.
At second glance, this appears to be a treasure chest with some kind of downside, but still there is some businesswise benefit.

I think, this relates to some situation at work :)

CosmicBeing

My cards today are

King :diamond: 2:heart: 6 :spade:

(Will return to add meaning)

King of diamonds might be an actual guy.
A bank; A civil trial; Wisdom with money. The King of Diamonds means power through money or fortune.

6 of spade is A devil; Temptation; Bad decisions.

2 of hearts is 2 of cups in a sense. – Lovers; Coupling; The sex card. This is the card that inspires knowing smiles and lecherous grins.
Simply put, it’s about sex. Not so simply put, it can also be about and deeply emotionally intimate connection with someone else, including a family member

There might be a guy in your life for August of 19th who has some control with finances....but he may be a lecherous guy or a guy to take advantage of women sexually who needs the money. He may be the devil or dealing with him is a Bad decision.
(or the K :diamond: just represent the Bank who is trying to get money from you or get you to take a loan or convince you to get their credit card).

CosmicBeing

Did a day reading....
So what I plan on doing is just cleaning living room/kitchen, mopping, & doing dishes. Also finish tarot circle.
August 19th

So How is my day going to go? 3 cards
6:heart: J:diamond: 9:spade:

Six – A dog; Loyalty and stamina; Long-term relationships. If the questioner gets the Six of Hearts in a
reading, he or she can expect to be in it for the long haul, whatever “it” may be. It could be a family
situation, a romance, or even—if paired with something like the Two of Spades—a lengthy divorce.
However, the upside to this card is its dog imagery. Paired with a lover card like the Two of Hearts, it
indicates a sincere and faithful mate, one who loves unconditionally and who will always be there

Jack – Good news; A girl. This card displays a young boy (or possibly a young girl, hence the card’s
alternate meaning). At one time these cards were known as Knaves instead of Jacks, and would have
been similar to a knight’s squire. In the context of a card reading, this Jack means that some good news
is about to arrive. Or that a beautiful girl is about to arrive. Which might also be good news, depending
on your point of view.

Nine – A funeral; A coffin; A ghost. The Nine of Spades looks like a funeral procession as scene from
above, with pallbearers carrying a black coffin (at least that’s one way to see it). This could indicate
some kind of grieving process, the need for ritual and order to restore balance, or just a need to put an
end to things. In some cases, this card may mean that someone or something from the past is still
haunting the subject (it may even indicate a literal haunting). Matched with something like the Jack of
Clubs or Jack of Hearts, it might mean an old friend or an old flame of some kind.

I may be the Jack... may feel a lot of stamina to put an end to things.

I am thinking the needing to clean and get more stuff boxed up lol

This part indicates how my day is going to go not event base.

What is going to happen to me today? 3 cards
J:club: 6:diamond: 4:club:

Jack – A friend; A sibling. The Jack of Clubs is a peer, whether that’s a co-worker, a good friend, or a sibling. This is someone with whom the questioner has a mutual respect. The Jack can also indicate
business news of some kind (especially if an Ace or Two of Diamonds or an Eight of Clubs shows up), and may also indicate a young boy entering the client’s life.

Six – Streets of Gold; Good decisioins. No, not the Yellow Brick Road, but the idea’s the same. The
client’s on the right path and merely needs to continue doing what he/she is doing and success will come. Paired with a card like an Ace, this card may mean recent decisions have been good; paired with
a King or a Queen the client is probably getting very good advice from someone.

Four – A horse and cart; A plowed field. This card is about potential. The Four of Clubs definitely means
that for the moment nothing is happening, but that now is the time to prepare for inevitable change. By
“tilling” and “plowing” oneself or one’s business plans, the eventual outcome will be far better than one
would get just sitting on one’s hands. If this card appears with a Nine of Clubs, that outcome is ripe and
should show up very soon.

Maybe I'll hear that a peer will be good to have in my life and to continue to foster my interaction with this peer.

It sounds like all things possible today. I have a very slow day...just cleaning and packing. Also excited to get some storage boxes tomorrow (neurotic enough?)

zhadee

Did a day reading....
So what I plan on doing is just cleaning living room/kitchen, mopping, & doing dishes. Also finish tarot circle.
August 19th

So How is my day going to go? 3 cards
6:heart: J:diamond: 9:spade:

The way to have a beautiful home [6 :heart:] requires a great deal of activity [J :diamond:] to get rid of all the 'ghosts' (in the sense of dust and dirt), it also looks like you going to throw stuff away [9 :spade:].
Or by mishap, you break your favourite mug.

What is going to happen to me today? 3 cards
J:club: 6:diamond: 4:club:

:club: :diamond: :club: = much work for for little profit

You take the practical matter [J :club:] in your focus [6 :diamond:], and you prepare your home for something new [4 :club:].

An athelete [J :club:]comes over, checks [6 :diamond:] the mess you're in and offers help, but you two end up chatting at the kitchen table [4 :club:].