Found my dream cards

MR GREEN

Hi all, at last after many months of looking I have found, for me the dream pack of playing cards. They are a reproduction of a Russian pack that was printed in St, Petersburg in 1936 and won a prize in Paris that same year. re issued on a 150th. anniversary of the makers factory in1967. the style is almost tarot like,and the face cards are really finely done in an icon style which comes from a small town that became famous for the making of icons. So one happy bunny, Clive.

Nemia

Picture or it didn't happe :)

That sounds great!

Emily

Hi all, at last after many months of looking I have found, for me the dream pack of playing cards. They are a reproduction of a Russian pack that was printed in St, Petersburg in 1936 and won a prize in Paris that same year. re issued on a 150th. anniversary of the makers factory in1967. the style is almost tarot like,and the face cards are really finely done in an icon style which comes from a small town that became famous for the making of icons. So one happy bunny, Clive.

I'm still looking for my perfect deck of playing cards - I learned on a pack of Waddingtons normal playing cards back when I was around 12 ish, I still have that deck but they are looking old and battered, no box and held by an elastic band.

I wanted to move onto something a little more fancy and thought it would be easy - it isn't lol. Luckily I only bought the Anne Stokes Gothic playing cards, Key to the Kingdom cards and a pack of Bicycle cards that I can't remember the name of before I realised that it wasn't going to happen with a fancy deck with too much to distract me from the card faces. Although Bicycle do have a Red Dragon backed deck that looks OK, so maybe that could be the one. :)

MR GREEN

Hi Emily, just seen your post. Yes its not easy looking for the right pack, but when you do you will know. Can I ask ? do you use playing card spreads, and have you ever come across the personal prophesy method. I have just started with it and am finding it an interesting way of approaching the cards. There are some old threads here, but nothing of late. Clive

Morwenna

I think ALL my decks are my dream decks!! :D I've gotten way too fond of ordering fancy cards. But I'm kinda weird, in that even though these are not really meant for games, I won't buy them if the courts don't have the traditional orientation of the faces, i.e. the 2 one-eyed jacks and the one-eyed king. (Which direction they face, I don't care.) I may have a deck or two that break this rule, but I try to stick to it.

MR GREEN

Hi Morwenna, me to, I like the more traditional cards with the faces in correct pose. Another reason is, some of the pip cards lend themselves to using as reversals, which I think can give an extra depth, insight, to a reading. The Russian face cards in my deck also follow the traditional line. So can I ask, have you ever used the personal prophesy spread. As you can se from the post above I am looking for folks that may have used or are still using this spread and method, PP. Clive.