Tarot of the Origins: 6 of Nature

Aeric

6: The Rite of Nature

The rituals and ceremonies we hold dear reflect the deepest parts of our emotional and spiritual being. We need them in order to feel secure, we perform and observe them with utmost reverence, and channel our full attention and energy into them.

Paleolithic peoples used plants for food, medicine, and tools. To understand how to use them properly, they had to observe not only their useful properties, but where specific ones grew, how fast they grew, how to identify them, and how to care for their longevity.

The Earth Mother has called me to tend to her seedling. Last year, I came to this area and picked this plant to use for my medicines. As the Serpent sheds its skin and the year comes around again, I came back to check for new plants. This one is growing nicely, and Earth Mother has cautioned me to regular return until it is fully grown.

Plants are my children as much as humans. Every season, I stroll through the area and ensure that they are growing well, that I may partake of their benefits again at the proper time. As a medicine (wo)man, I understand the ritual patience that the Earth teaches. I must not take too much at once, or pull them up by their roots, for they will not replenish for the next season. Life is precious.

I will be rewarded for my observance, when Earth Mother grants me her bounty once again.

Attachments

• Wands06.jpg
    Wands06.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 142