Do you use the deck you created?

Otello

Well, I painted my personal deck 20 years ago, I'm still using it for reading and meditation. :)

I think it makes a huge difference if you made a standard deck or a thematic one; I mean: for instance, I couldn't use a cats Tarot, even if I love cats...

On my side I painted my deck because at that time I wasn't satisfied with any available Tarot: I made it with the primary goal to use it.
The deck works very well for me; honestly I don't feel confused or distracted by the fact I made the drawings and I spent a lot of time on them... I imagine I was very lucky! :)

Marirowana

Well, I painted my personal deck 20 years ago, I'm still using it for reading and meditation. :)

I think it makes a huge difference if you made a standard deck or a thematic one; I mean: for instance, I couldn't use a cats Tarot, even if I love cats...

On my side I painted my deck because at that time I wasn't satisfied with any available Tarot: I made it with the primary goal to use it.
The deck works very well for me; honestly I don't feel confused or distracted by the fact I made the drawings and I spent a lot of time on them... I imagine I was very lucky! :)

Thanks for sharing! Did you publish your deck as well, or is it just you using it?
Great to hear that you are reading with your deck :)

I have the same problem with themed decks by the way...

Otello

No, I never bothered to publish my deck.
Fact is the original paintings are difficoult (and expensive) to reproduce, as I used gold leaf background; I recently made for a friend a printer friendly version with white background, but my deck would be a niche product anyway, as I followed the pre RWS tradition and I didn't paint scenes on pip cards.

On my side I really hate scenes on pip cards, one of this days I'll make a RWS clone with standard pip cards and - of course - Strenght with the correct # XI! :p

dancing_moon

I've made a deck for my personal use only, and I don't think I'll ever publish it.

I actually don't have any problems with 'distancing', I guess I just have two separate modes - 'artist' mode and 'reader' mode - and they co-exist peacefully. :p When I read with this deck, I don't think about flaws in the images or how I came up with this particular card, I just read the message like I would with any other Tarot deck.

This isn't my only or even primary reading deck, I use it mostly for personal readings. However, I've tried it on a few sitters, and it worked just fine. Only they didn't know I was reading with my deck. })

Marirowana

I've made a deck for my personal use only, and I don't think I'll ever publish it.

I actually don't have any problems with 'distancing', I guess I just have two separate modes - 'artist' mode and 'reader' mode - and they co-exist peacefully. :p When I read with this deck, I don't think about flaws in the images or how I came up with this particular card, I just read the message like I would with any other Tarot deck.

This isn't my only or even primary reading deck, I use it mostly for personal readings. However, I've tried it on a few sitters, and it worked just fine. Only they didn't know I was reading with my deck. })

Nice to read that you can use them like any other deck. thanks for sharing :)