9 of pentacles as advice

TarotOyster

How would you interpret the 9 of pentacles as an advice?

First that came to my mind was to sit back and just enjoy life on your own?

The question was regarding a love matter, so maybe be self sufficient for now and self confident?

Grizabella

It would tell me that you should work on loving yourself more first, because if you don't love yourself first, you can't really love someone else, you're bringing neediness to the relationship. Needy people have a whole lot of trouble having wholesome, fulfilling, lasting relationships. If you need your partner then you're leaning on them and if you lean on something long enough or heavily enough, it's going to move away from you, whether it's a fence post or another person.

I know I've interpreted this card this way before here on AT, but I think it really does warn that we have to be independent, strong, whole people without needing someone else to be whole. The RWS image and many others shows a woman alone enjoying her companion---a bird---and the snail who represents carrying our security with us as the snail carries his home on his back. When in reference to a question about a relationship, it often means just this.

TarotOyster

It would tell me that you should work on loving yourself more first, because if you don't love yourself first, you can't really love someone else, you're bringing neediness to the relationship. Needy people have a whole lot of trouble having wholesome, fulfilling, lasting relationships. If you need your partner then you're leaning on them and if you lean on something long enough or heavily enough, it's going to move away from you, whether it's a fence post or another person.

I know I've interpreted this card this way before here on AT, but I think it really does warn that we have to be independent, strong, whole people without needing someone else to be whole. The RWS image and many others shows a woman alone enjoying her companion---a bird---and the snail who represents carrying our security with us as the snail carries his home on his back. When in reference to a question about a relationship, it often means just this.

Thank you for your reply. This makes perfect sense to me!

SunChariot

How would you interpret the 9 of pentacles as an advice?

First that came to my mind was to sit back and just enjoy life on your own?

The question was regarding a love matter, so maybe be self sufficient for now and self confident?

To me, the 9 of Pents is about taking a time out to figure out what your goals are in the situation, where you want to be going, what you want to work towards in the situation. So that you can then set some goals and be sure you are moving in the right direction for you.

Babs

WalesWoman

Going along with these other replies, 9 of Pentacles as advice is remembering who is in charge of you and how you came to the place where you are... how much of this is your own doing, created and accomplished by and of your own efforts. Remember above all to be true to yourself.

TarotOyster

Thank you both SunChariot and WalesWoman,

this is all clearer to me now. I was also wondering if this card could be encouraging the sitter to dress well and gracefully? And take notice how they carry themselves?

tarotcognito

Thank you both SunChariot and WalesWoman,

this is all clearer to me now. I was also wondering if this card could be encouraging the sitter to dress well and gracefully? And take notice how they carry themselves?
I think that would certainly be a valid interpretation depending on context. :)

earthmama

I recently pulled this card twice as advice on how to deal with a divorce and the loss of assets. I feel it's telling me to take stock in what I have now, be thankful, and focus on the abundance I have in my life now, knowing that I'll be just fine financially and become even more financially stable and set in the future.

nisaba

It would tell me that you should work on loving yourself more first, because if you don't love yourself first, you can't really love someone else, you're bringing neediness to the relationship. Needy people have a whole lot of trouble having wholesome, fulfilling, lasting relationships.

This. The more you need love, the less you will find it.