Strength

maibree88

This one has me a bit stumped. Any ideas on Strength as someone's thoughts and feelings about you after talking things over with them?

The only thing I can really think would be using gentleness as a form of strength, but I'm not sure how that applies. Or maybe taming emotions, toning down anger...? Definitely confused on this one! :(

ravenest

IMO the strength in the Strength card is not brute force, and not what we often see as strength. .... bit like a 'lion whisperer' ;)

Richard

Ravenest is right. In the Marseille Tarot, the woman is very lightly holding the lion's mouth OPEN. That is impossible to do by brute force. The muscles used for closing the mouth and chewing are among the strongest in the body of most mammals, including humans. You might be able to hold a mouth shut with your bare hands, but NOT OPEN. Something much stronger than brute force is required for that.

Attachments

• strength.jpg
    strength.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 3,262

Placebo Scotsman

I always read the strength card as being higher over lower faculties, spiritual over instinct6ive, reason over passion

That interpretation appears to work for the contexts I keep seeing the card in

maibree88

In this particular instance with thoughts and feelings as the context, I'm still leaning more towards toning down anger in order to sort things out. Or maybe a better one I read about would be using compassion and understanding instead of hostility or antagonism. I also read that it could stand for friendship.

Another card from a different reading that's related to the same subject that I'm having a hard time with is 2 of Wands as a result of renewing a friendship. I initially interpreted it as the friendship could go either way, good or bad. I think there's something a little deeper to that, but I'm not sure.

esspeet

I could see Strength in this context as the person feeling emboldened and renewed/energized in a positive or healing way by the conversation.. it could even show respect for the person they were talking to (with those aspects in mind). I'm not sure of the exact circumstances, so this may not apply.. but I hope that helps.

ravenest

In this particular instance with thoughts and feelings as the context, I'm still leaning more towards toning down anger in order to sort things out. Or maybe a better one I read about would be using compassion and understanding instead of hostility or antagonism. I also read that it could stand for friendship.

Another card from a different reading that's related to the same subject that I'm having a hard time with is 2 of Wands as a result of renewing a friendship. I initially interpreted it as the friendship could go either way, good or bad. I think there's something a little deeper to that, but I'm not sure.

I'm not sure about toning down anger, hostility and antagonism but in my deck that card ('Lust') is about the 'redirecting and transformation' of energy. One of the key aspects seem to be about NOT repressing the animal drives and even perhaps psychological 'drives' but utilising them, in this case, under the direction of the forces represented by the woman in the card. The beast has 7 main qualities, skills, modes of operation or expressions - heads- he brings to contribute.

The two of wands is about your individuation, or your 'psychic energy field' or individual energetic space - your dominion; where the power of your will circulates or a realm subject or area that you have control of and how you deal with influences coming into that.

Sometimes we find we come up against a wall ... nothing seems to work, but when the particular RIGHT solution or way of operating is found, resistance can easily melt so what is being done can appear magical, effortless but has great power in its own right.

nisaba

This one has me a bit stumped. Any ideas on Strength as someone's thoughts and feelings about you after talking things over with them?

The only thing I can really think would be using gentleness as a form of strength, but I'm not sure how that applies. Or maybe taming emotions, toning down anger...? Definitely confused on this one! :(

You're really supposed to take a guess yourself, but as others have started answering, my thought is that they have to use self-control to endure you.

magicjack

Killing with kindness.

PAMUYA

they thought you really listened, they saw your inner strength.