"Why am I in their life"?

Brown Eyed Mystic

To shake up his status quo (Tower) and show him he's not as in control as he thinks (Emperor).

Rodney

Thanks Rodney! I tend to lean toward your interp.

And how can we learn about the consequences of that? Positive or negative? I'm thinking doing another reading around that.

BEM

Brown Eyed Mystic

You have to look at the intent of the question.
1) Does she want to know "What am *I* doing in this person's life?" That is, What does she get out of it? What's her lesson?
or
2) does she want to know what her role is in *his* life - what's his lesson?

Tower-Emperor (Mars/Aries)
1) She's in for a rough ride, learning what it is like to be blown up, ravaged or struck by lighting. It could be sexually exciting if there is mutual consent. A worst case scenario suggests the relationship is devasting to her, even violent (physically or emotionally).

2) She opens him up, breaks down his defenses (for good or ill).

Hey Teheuti,

I pondered on that as well. But per the question, I do feel it's #2. That said, I've read that sometimes tarot doesn't exactly answer the question you want answered, but gives you an answer you need.

Still, her opening him up and breaking down his defenses sounds pretty interesting.

BEM

Brown Eyed Mystic

The question asks, "Why am I in their life?" So, to me, this means what purpose does the querent serve in the man's life. So this is not a look at the querent's life, this is a look at how the man in question is affected by the querent's presence in his life.

I think I agree with your interpretation. The Emperor is usually the "my way or the highway" type of guy. He doesn't allow anyone to change his beliefs or values. He's very stuck and stubborn in his ways. But with the Tower here, this rattles his throne and knocks him off his feet.

I think the Tower here says that the querent may shake up how the Emperor once saw things -- the querent is shattering the foundations the Emperor once held. Maybe even a blow to the big ol ego he has.

Hey Enlightenment,

Yep, yep. Agree. I think his ego is hit because this chic has withdrawn and stopped talking to him because of his "ways". He seems hurt, but doesn't show it. He doesn't try reconnecting and seems to be quietly processing his feelings. I'll add more updates in a new reply.

BEM

Brown Eyed Mystic

What card represents the stabilizing force? Just curious.

Hmm. That could also be one way to look at it.

He does have "weird" ways about things esp. when it comes to love.

In past readings though, this guy has come up to be the Emperor (he was very protective of the querent).

BEM

Brown Eyed Mystic

Little update

So, I am told that this guy acts all in control in front of her -- their communication is ceased for now because the querent chose to pull back not agreeing with his ways (and a few other issues because the timing is not right for her). She only talks to him socially as they are a part of the same friends' circle.

But -- he will do little things to disrupt the flow. Like blurting out things when least expected in the group. Things about "letting go" and what not. It seems that he is feeling a lot in conflict somehow.

If it helps, we did another reading (part of which) was his feelings toward her. The card was The Chariot. Previously, the Chariot has shown up following Strength card for these readings. So I think it's saying something loud and clear about his feelings. Perhaps keeping them under wraps? Or controlling them?

BEM

Teheuti

The Chariot could be a bit stalker-like (a hunter). It's hard to tell with only one card.

Brown Eyed Mystic

The Chariot could be a bit stalker-like (a hunter). It's hard to tell with only one card.

Thanks Tehueti. Also, I've actually gotten Strength + Chariot.

BEM

Teheuti

Thanks Tehueti. Also, I've actually gotten Strength + Chariot.
Both of these cards are about power. Using Starhawk's terms, Chariot represents 'power over,' while Strength represents finding 'power within'. So again, there's a push-pull power dynamic. So, his feelings toward her may be paradoxical ones in which he wants her to overpower him (Tower - open him up), while he still hates to relinquish control.

Brown Eyed Mystic

Both of these cards are about power. Using Starhawk's terms, Chariot represents 'power over,' while Strength represents finding 'power within'. So again, there's a push-pull power dynamic. So, his feelings toward her may be paradoxical ones in which he wants her to overpower him (Tower - open him up), while he still hates to relinquish control.

Thank you Teheuti. I'll make a note of it :)

BEM