THE " wife & mistress "Combo ?

Nikita_

Talking about queens, I've consistently found, over the years, that when the queen of wands (often rx, but not necessarily), and the queen of pents come up together in a certain type of readings, it almost invariably means theres a wife\ girlfriend-other woman duo involved, where the qop is the other woman, and the qow the angry betrayed wife...its one of those combos that have never meant anything other than that type of clash to me...I was wandering if any of you have the same experience with them, as a combo...

PAMUYA

For me, this queen has been very accurate in reading for my clients, in relationship readings the Queen of Pentacles(upright or reversed) has represented the presence of a "other woman" This could mean an actual sexual affair or an emotional affair . Never had a consistent combo of cards for this, wife and mistress. Do remember that the cards speak to us differently. I have friends that this queen has never meant another person is involved.

Grizabella

There's not a wife and mistress combo in the cards for me. Each reading is different and the cards interact differently. I would never, ever read those two cards for someone and tell them there was another woman. That could destroy a relationship or marriage or family and for what? Just for two cards that could even be facets of the wife herself. My folly in always seeing them as "the other woman and the wife could wreak havoc with everyone involved. I just don't read that way. While it's true that infidelity might come up in a reading, I'd be very careful with conveying that information, or might not convey it at all.

It's a very delicate area. We have to be careful that, while we're honest with our sitters, we're also kind and discerning and able to do what's best under the circumstances for all concerned. And never kid yourself that you can't be wrong in your readings. Any reader can be wrong sometimes.

Nikita_

For me, this queen has been very accurate in reading for my clients, in relationship readings the Queen of Pentacles(upright or reversed) has represented the presence of a "other woman" This could mean an actual sexual affair or an emotional affair . Never had a consistent combo of cards for this, wife and mistress. Do remember that the cards speak to us differently. I have friends that this queen has never meant another person is involved.

Queen of pents is definitely the "other woman" card, but Ive been a bit stunned myself to see how often it comes up with the QoW as a counterpart...

Nikita_

There's not a wife and mistress combo in the cards for me. Each reading is different and the cards interact differently. I would never, ever read those two cards for someone and tell them there was another woman. That could destroy a relationship or marriage or family and for what? Just for two cards that could even be facets of the wife herself. My folly in always seeing them as "the other woman and the wife could wreak havoc with everyone involved. I just don't read that way. While it's true that infidelity might come up in a reading, I'd be very careful with conveying that information, or might not convey it at all.

It's a very delicate area. We have to be careful that, while we're honest with our sitters, we're also kind and discerning and able to do what's best under the circumstances for all concerned. And never kid yourself that you can't be wrong in your readings. Any reader can be wrong sometimes.

I DID NOT say that when I see that combo, I immediately say to the querent or whoever that theres a competitor or hidden affair there, I simply said that I found it amazing that in certain readings and contexts, where everything points to an affair, this combo, for me, has consistently come up as the 2 women involved...and Im not getting into the issue of how and if we should break the news in that case, griz. No one here is in a position to give lectures in morality or ethics to others, and I dont believe thats what were here for.

Grizabella

Talking about queens, I've consistently found, over the years, that when the queen of wands (often rx, but not necessarily), and the queen of pents come up together in a certain type of readings, it almost invariably means theres a wife\ girlfriend-other woman duo involved, where the qop is the other woman, and the qow the angry betrayed wife...its one of those combos that have never meant anything other than that type of clash to me...I was wandering if any of you have the same experience with them, as a combo...

I've bolded what you said and I wasn't accusing you of anything or lecturing you. I was giving my opinion and my concerns having read what you stated there. I had in mind just speaking to anyone reading the post you made and that others might mistake what you said if they're just starting out.

You asked if anyone had the same experience as you with these two, and I do consider myself included in "anyone" and my answer is what it is. Sorry to have touched a sensitive spot with what I said.

Sar

They can all be the mistress.

Nikita_

They can all be the mistress.

A lot of readers have a "pointer" or "favourite" cards for mistress. (there are quite a few threads on AT on this subject). The qopents is a big hit apparently. Emperess rx also.

Sar

A lot of readers have a "pointer" or "favourite" cards for mistress. (there are quite a few threads on AT on this subject). The qopents is a big hit apparently. Emperess rx also.

Good point, but I wouldn't tell anyone that their XO had an affair just because there was an extra Queen in the spread.

jillkite

Agree 100% with this.

These are very wise words and they deserve to be recognised for that. Grizabella makes very important points,