7 of Wands - Higher Ground

G6

I have been getting the 7 of Wands quite a bit lately. Staying the course came to mind. I know the classic interpretation is standing your ground or holding off competitors. Someone pointed out in another thread though that the six wands below are just leaning against the mountain. There is nobody below holding them trying to knock you from your position. This made me think the figure is being held on the higher ground by divine intervention perhaps? The idea that the figure in the 7 of Wands should be mindful, but they are protected. The universe has their back if they stay on course.

Any thoughts on this or what the 7 of Wands usually means for you? Thanks!

tarot_quest

I interpret it slightly like the 6 of wands. I feel that the card appears to show me someone quite confident, working hard toward a goal. Here, the emphasis is not on the self confidence that much, but in the action or in the project itself. All wands represent energy and dynamism to me

kell

When I read for myself, 7 of Wands represents boundaries, as in setting boundaries and others taking advantage.

G6

When I read for myself, 7 of Wands represents boundaries, as in setting boundaries and others taking advantage.

Oh, wow, I hadn't thought about boundaries. Pictorially I see that though now that you mention it. Others attempting to encroach on your boundaries. Perhaps it is a warning. Interesting.

G6

I interpret it slightly like the 6 of wands. I feel that the card appears to show me someone quite confident, working hard toward a goal. Here, the emphasis is not on the self confidence that much, but in the action or in the project itself. All wands represent energy and dynamism to me

This makes sense 7 of Wands working toward a goal/project. Maybe then the progression to the 8 of Wands is sending it out to the world?

Grizabella

Some "for instances":

If you're sick and in a hospital in critical condition, the doctor might describe you as "holding your own".

If a politician is in a news conference fielding questions on a difficult subject, he could also be said to be "holding his own" by giving good answers to tough questions.

In tennis or chess, a player could be keeping the upper hand against a very skilled opponent.

If your child is faced with a bully, he could be "getting the upper hand" in standing off the bully.

If you're a gardener in a country garden, you could be seen as fighting a constant battle with kudzu (in the south) or bindweed out here in the west but successfully fighting it for the time being.

If you've got a limited income but you're able to make ends meet just barely, that might be shown there. You're standing off "the wolf at the door".

You've applied for a job that many others have also applied for but you're still on top of the heap and ahead of the crowd in the eyes of the potential employer. (This one would make sense with the 8 of Wands, too, as the employer calling to tell you you got the job.)

Those are a few examples.

Grizabella

I like this one, too. I hadn't thought of it. Thanks, kell. :)

G6

Some "for instances":

If you're sick and in a hospital in critical condition, the doctor might describe you as "holding your own".

If a politician is in a news conference fielding questions on a difficult subject, he could also be said to be "holding his own" by giving good answers to tough questions.

In tennis or chess, a player could be keeping the upper hand against a very skilled opponent.

If your child is faced with a bully, he could be "getting the upper hand" in standing off the bully.

If you're a gardener in a country garden, you could be seen as fighting a constant battle with kudzu (in the south) or bindweed out here in the west but successfully fighting it for the time being.

If you've got a limited income but you're able to make ends meet just barely, that might be shown there. You're standing off "the wolf at the door".

You've applied for a job that many others have also applied for but you're still on top of the heap and ahead of the crowd in the eyes of the potential employer. (This one would make sense with the 8 of Wands, too, as the employer calling to tell you you got the job.)

Those are a few examples.

Wow! Thanks! I hope it's that last one that would be awesome! :) I did read elsewhere 7 of Wands can indicate new job/career advancement.