I keep getting Empress Rx - what to do?

kx5

For the past few days, the Empress reversed has been coming up in my deck and readings quite a bit. It'll fall out out of my deck, or if I aciddentally take a look at my deck I'll see it, and it'll even come up during my self-readings. This happened about four times yesterday, and once so far today. If I'm not mistaken, one of the four times I saw it yesterday it may have been upright as well.

I can't find in myself any of the energies it represents (no new plans coming into fruition or failing, no unexpected pregnancy/miscarriage, no money problems, no fertility problems, no difficulties with my mother or an older woman generally etc). I know very well that it may just be a coincidence, considering I'm also a beginner, but since it keeps coming up I figured I may as well ask my cards what it may want to say.

So I shuffled my deck and created three piles, the first one representing my physical condition and well-being, the second one representing my emotional world (including family, relationships), and the third one representing my occupation and career (including studies, all sources of income). I expected the Empress (upright or Rx) card to show up in either one of these categories upon drawing a card from each pile, in order to see which area of my life requires supplemental attention, however, it didn't come up anywhere.

So, my question finally is, if I do suspect that a card is purposefully appearing what do you believe is the best way to find what it wants to tell you? Does the aforementioned absence of the Empress signify that it was indeed a coincidence?

Thank you in advance for your replies.

dancing_moon

Empress Rx means blocked growth/creativity/fertility/feminine side to me. It could simply mean you're suppressing your creative side or being too aggressive where a soft and nurturing approach would be better.

In similar situations, I usually shuffle the deck, find the card (e.g. Empress) in it, and look at the 3 cards before and after it. I take it that the 3 cards before show the problem/current situation, and the 3 cards after show advice/what to do about it. The 'pile method' is great too, but I'd add a fourth pile to it ('something else altogether'), in case I've overlooked something, and then look through all the cards to see in which pile the Empress has landed.

Good luck investigating! :)

tarot_quest

Empress Rx means blocked growth/creativity/fertility/feminine side to me. It could simply mean you're suppressing your creative side or being too aggressive where a soft and nurturing approach would be better.

In similar situations, I usually shuffle the deck, find the card (e.g. Empress) in it, and look at the 3 cards before and after it. I take it that the 3 cards before show the problem/current situation, and the 3 cards after show advice/what to do about it. The 'pile method' is great too, but I'd add a fourth pile to it ('something else altogether'), in case I've overlooked something, and then look through all the cards to see in which pile the Empress has landed.

Good luck investigating! :)

Interesting! I will try this method at some point! This post is really interesting! I am a believer that if the card showed up 4 times, there is a message here, it is not a random coincidence.

When a card pops up a lot, I personally shuffle my deck and I ask the cards: ''what should I need to do, what is the message about that particular card''?

After shuffling, I will often take 3 sequential cards and interpret the message (+ clarifications if needed)

kx5

dancing_moon said:
The 'pile method' is great too, but I'd add a fourth pile to it ('something else altogether'), in case I've overlooked something, and then look through all the cards to see in which pile the Empress has landed.

I don't believe my femininity is somehow being supressed currently, my best guess would be an underlying health issue (eg, something gynaecological). However, I personally know nothing's wrong, and again the Empress Rx didn't show up in my health pile.

But yeah, I guess I can add another pile and try again.

tarot_quest said:
Interesting!

After shuffling, I will often take 3 sequential cards and interpret the message (+ clarifications if needed)

I've tried that too, however I'd always end up getting more confused like this.

tarot_quest

Hi Kx5 :)

Maybe I am wrong, but I have the impression that you are taking the card too literally (I hope that your health is good by the way!). I understand that sometimes, the message we are trying to get might be confusing.

Can I suggest a last thing? Ask the same question (why I am getting this card, what is the message?) but then, pull only ONE card. And even if you don't find the meaning really clear right away, search about it (books, Internet, forum) and look what ''resonates'' for you

hope it helps!

kx5

My health is fine lol I'm just exploring the meaning of the card.

Yeah, I'll be checking again, thanks for the suggestions :)

jillkite

Maybe stop reading reversals....?
If she makes much more sense upright then perhaps that is the next step in your readings?

jillkite

Maybe stop reading reversals....?
If she makes much more sense upright then perhaps that is the next step in your readings?

Enlightenment23

There's nothing wrong with reading reversals. :rolleyes: Even if a card is reversed, that doesn't mean the reader cannot consider its upright meanings as well. Just like when readers read upright, they must consider its ill-defined meanings, too.

Here's some of my own notes for the Empress Rx, maybe this can help you

*A loss of interest in oneself in terms of appearance and self-care
*Low self-image and self-esteem
*Being somewhat too high maintenance
*Neglects the household and the environment around her
*smothering someone with too much love and attention
*overspending on unnecessary/luxury items.
*overprotected or overprotective
*promiscuity -- an obseession with love/sex
*strong attraction to someone who is unavailable
*unhappiness due to a feeling of "emptiness" -- a void
*creatively blocked whether that may be at work, a project, activity or what have you
*hindered from expressing yourself
*an absent mother. This can be the querent or the querent is missing a mother figure.

Hope some of these can help!

LeFou

...no difficulties with my mother...

Childhood is inherently traumatic (at least for most of us). While everything can appear smooth on the surface, there are often conflicts at a deeper level.

Empress (whether upright or Rx) can signify "matriarchy," which could hint that your role as "matriarch" is evolving relative to others in your life. Random examples: balancing authority vs. nurturing, or freedom vs. responsibility, or having to care for someone who is (let's say) old enough to care for him/herself.

Just guessing of course.