Page of Swords - Taking a fresh look

Little Baron

I am trying to get my head round this page, as I feel he hardly ever comes up in readings for me; but he came up as my daily draw today.

I saw him coming into my day as a messenger, since I received some unexpected emails, telephone calls and SMS messages, which was nice.

But I am feeling that there is more to him than just that.

I think of an articulate young man, who is interested in finding out the truth, but on the dark side, not necessarily honest. I think he could be a manipulator, finding out information and using it to his own advantage.

He brings to mind a man that I know. The man has a pleasant demeanour and displays a great deal of confidence. He expresses himself well. However, when I met friends of his, they told me not to trust him; they said he does things for his own gain, regardless of how it might effect others. As much as the page in the RWS looks over his shoulder, I wonder if it is necessary to watch over yours when you are in the presence of someone like him.

I think he is keen to accumilate knowledge. He is eager to find out as much as he can about whatever situation he is in. He formulates new ideas. He possibly thinks about things alot and over-anylises.

When I look at the picture, I see an attractive young man. He looks agile and his presence is striking. He doesn't look like the kind of person that might deceive and I wonder whether that is part of how he operates. You have to keep your eyes open around a 'Page of Swords'. Maybe what he says can sometimes draw you in - you believe him - but how he works with the information you provide him with, may be a surprise, once he has gained your trust. Even though his positive assets are to be a keen learner that cuts away all doubt to find the truth, he can also be as prickerly as the sword he holds.

I wouldn't necessarily say he was cold, but I would suggest he is detatched from emotion; emotion would weaken him.

Any more insights would be greatly appreciated. From writing this post, I feel that I have developed my own interpretation a little further.

Best, LB

magpie9

I'm a little confused--(maybe not enough coffee yet!) you start out talking abut the page of cups, and then go into the page of swords, so I'm not really sure if you're meaning to be talking about both of them, or what?
BTW, I think you re totaly right on with the Pge of Swords!

Little Baron

Thanks Magpie, hehe. I am such a donut!

Just edited to change the title. The Page of Cups is always one of my favourites so he must have been on my mind.

I am glad that it makes sense to you. It really has helped me to understand him a bit better.

LB

Little Baron

Moderators: Could you adjust the title so that it reads Page of Swords as I cannot do that myself.

Thanks
LB

rcb30872

Page of Swords

Yes, indeed, something I would like a bit more understanding to as well. Although I must admit it is not one card that comes up that often for me or in readings that I do.

Well, it appears that he is looking over his shoulder. Almost as if he is doing something that he shouldn't and checking to see if anyone is around, afraid to be caught. So the "not to be trusted" as you had mentioned, I can quite easily see this.

But at the same time someone who thinks that he has been watched, just in general. Almost as if he is expecting to be attacked at any moment. I would say that this may indicate that he may have some sort of insecurity, thinking that everyone is out to get him. Perhaps could indicate someone who is not willing to take responsibility for his actions or at least the results of his actions, as if to say that everyone else is to blame for his miserable life!!

I hope this helps, still a bit confused!!!

Bec

aaquwaa

Hi Little Buddha,
This was my daily draw today also. I love your take on this page. Some notes from Pictures of the Heart by Sandra Thomson (This is a great book).
These are just highlights: "This page is too often at cross-purposes with himself, and frequently in a crisis. He may encounter more obstacles, stress, and conflict than other pages, but if he can stay with these and not become discouraged-and he surely is determined and dedicated- he may develop great skill in his ability to carefully think through his own ideas and those of others and fit them into his developing ethical scheme.

Still nothing prevents him from rushing headlong into situations with a righteous attitude and the need to make others see it his way. He is quite disdainful of anything he encounters that he judges as stupid or unthinking.

He is the only page not looking at his suit symbol, suggesting that he/we may be remote and defensive at the time when the card appears. Sometimes he is seen as not holding the sword firmly enough, therefore, the card may caution against false defensiveness, i.e., being defensive when there is no true reason to be."

He seems to be a pushy little thing doesn't he? :)
aaquwaa

poivre

I find this an investigation card.

The Page is looking for the truth which is somewhat
hidden behind the clouds. The birds in the background
show they will help aid him in attaining his goal.

The Sword he holds is doubled edge so he can stand &
see both sides of the situation. He now just gets the
facts in order.

koulla

ros said:
I find this an investigation card.

The Page is looking for the truth which is somewhat
hidden behind the clouds. The birds in the background
show they will help aid him in attaining his goal.

The Sword he holds is doubled edge so he can stand &
see both sides of the situation. He now just gets the
facts in order.
to my this page, is a kid with a chip on his shoulder, always on the defensive, forever getting himself in trouble, perhaps vulnerable and from a broken home, and possible in the future, in trouble with the law, such a pessimist, Am i not?

koulla

koulla said:
to my this page, is a kid with a chip on his shoulder, always on the defensive, forever getting himself in trouble, perhaps vulnerable and from a broken home, and possible in the future, in trouble with the law, such a pessimist, Am i not?
Simply put, a Trouble Maker, on the look out for trouble

buttercup42

fulgour

Ohhh i just have to say..I so wish you were in my home town so you could be my personal teacher fulgour..it seems when i have trouble of some kind..i read your post..and voila...it is easily clarified...you make it much easier...
tks a bunch