Tarot Cards & Reviews Live Tarot Readings Tarot Card Meanings Forum Archive

Touchstone Tarot by Kat Black

> Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot > Tarot Decks

Citizen

Le Fanu 
Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by retrokat
I think it's worth it to have lovely gilt edges that are hardy enough to keep shining after years of use. USGS had to do a lot of work to get it right - I don't think any mass-produced deck before Golden had gilt edges (Umbrae, perhaps you'd know if that's the case?).
O yes, definitely worth it. Gives it that lovely Tudor prayer-book air. Those gilt edged psalm-books; the kind of thing Lady Jane would have taken with her to the scaffold!
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #191
Citizen

retrokat 
Citizen

This is the review that claimed Golden was a terrible deck because it couldn't be riffle-shuffled straight out of the box:

http://www.amazon.com/review/R1MV1Z0...R1MV1Z0QAA35NI

When he said "I do not see how this Golden Tarot deck is going to stay in print very long" and "No one but the most masochistic is going to want to try to shuffle the deck more than two or three times." I guess his divinatory abilities were acting up, since 4yrs on, the deck is still selling. Ooh, you masochists you!

I don't know the Witch in the Hollow Hill person who replied to his comment, but they made me laugh so much with their response to him: 'your ego must get in the way a lot'.
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #192
Citizen

greycats 
Citizen

For sticky decks---

Two words: fanning powder.

It's available at magic supply stores, on line and elsewhere. I put a sprinkle of it on all decks that I use regularly, sticky or not, because it seems to reduce wear.
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #193
Citizen

Le Fanu 
Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by retrokat
I don't know the Witch in the Hollow Hill person who replied to his comment, but they made me laugh so much with their response to him: 'your ego must get in the way a lot'.
Witch in the Hollow Hill is fellow AT member 6 Haunted Days!
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #194
Citizen

easternsunrise 
Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Fanu
So the shuffling does get easier with time? Im really looking forward to giving it another go. Should arrive this week!
Yes...the more you shuffle and work with this deck the more it softens and shuffles like a dream.
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #195
Resident

sharonsgl 
Resident

I just got my deck, and it's great!

I went through the package of all the little thing that came with the deck, the special gift was an agate pendant, which Kat calls a touchstone talisman.

Then I opened and went through the deck, basically to see if all the cards were there. Kat added a Happy Squirrel card, I've never read a Happy Squirrel card before and will probably remove it, but its fun to see it there. The deck in general is beautiful and I can't wait to work with it.

Sharon
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #196
Citizen

Silverlotus 
Citizen

Oh no, Sharon! You shouldn't have posted. Now I know I will explode before my deck arrives!!! lol!

Wow, wow, wow. I just can't wait. I've even cross stitched a nifty journal cover for my new Touchstone Tarot journal. (I really should post a picture of it.)
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #197
Citizen

WishingWell 
Citizen

I echo the sentiments of Silverlotus. "I know I will explode..." Now I'll be wringing my hands waiting for the package to arrive. I've already checked the USPS track & confirm status twice this morning.

An agate pendant? How nice!! I've been wanting a pendant, these last couple of weeks, as I do not have even one. I can't wait to see what a happy squirrel looks like, either.
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #198
Citizen

morticia monroe 
Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharonsgl
I just got my deck, and it's great!

I went through the package of all the little thing that came with the deck, the special gift was an agate pendant, which Kat calls a touchstone talisman.

Then I opened and went through the deck, basically to see if all the cards were there. Kat added a Happy Squirrel card, I've never read a Happy Squirrel card before and will probably remove it, but its fun to see it there. The deck in general is beautiful and I can't wait to work with it.

Sharon

NONONO!!! I didn't want to know. Rats...why did I look.
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #199
Oraculist

Shade 
Oraculist

Sharon you may want to edit your post to say "Spoiler Warning" just in case people want to be surprised.

I was actually really hoping that was what the mysterious extra card would be and am delighted to hear it' sin there - will that also appear in the mass market version?
 Need help? Get your live Tarot Reading now      Top   #200

Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Forum Archive
Aeclectic Tarot Forum Links
· Tarot
· Tarot Special Interest
· Beyond Tarot
· Forum Library

Aeclectic Tarot Categories
· Angel Decks
· Dark & Gothic Decks
· Goddess Decks
· Fairy Decks
· Doreen Virtue Decks
· Beginner Decks
· Cat Decks
· Pagan & Wiccan Decks
· Ancient Egyptian Decks
· Celtic Decks
· Lenormand Decks
· Rider-Waite Decks
· Marseilles Decks
· Thoth Decks
· Oracle Decks
· List All Decks
· Popular Tarot Decks
· Available Decks
· Tarot Books
· What's New

The Aeclectic Tarot Forum closed permanently on July 14th, 2017. The public threads remain online as a read-only archive and resource. More information on our decision can be found here. Thank you for being a part of our active community over the past seventeen years.

Copyright © 1996 - 2017 Aeclectic Tarot. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Contact us.