Orphalese Tarot Software

divinerguy

I just downloaded the Orphalese Tarot. It's a program that you can try out first. Its $12.95 USD.

Its different, because it has no pre-determined card meanings. Lots of options, and worth a try.

Divinerguy

Alta

could you post the url?

Liliana

I want this so much, but it doesnt run on Linux. Im hoping Ill be able to get it once I change my system to Lindows (Linux and Windows together type environment) once its realesed in a couple months.

:THP

divinerguy

I have been trying out this software.

I added some extra decks from the www.tarot.com website, so I can read with decks of my choosing.

I thought it qwould be a big production, but I added two decks in about 15 minutes.

Divinerguy

squigglywiggly

Liliana said:
I want this so much, but it doesnt run on Linux. Im hoping Ill be able to get it once I change my system to Lindows (Linux and Windows together type environment) once its realesed in a couple months.

What is this Linux thing of which you speak?

jmd

Linux is just an O/S (operating system), amongst numerous, through which a user interects with a computer.

Though Microsoft's Windows appears to remain the most common, it is not the O/S of choice for many of us - despite its brilliance.

the hermit

jmd said:
Linux is just an O/S (operating system), amongst numerous, through which a user interacts with a computer.

Though Microsoft's Windows appears to remain the most common, it is not the O/S of choice for many of us - despite its brilliance.

It's also a free version (the code is public domain and therefore distributable without all of that nasty copy write law) of the Unix operating system. Unix (and Linux) is often used as the base operating system on servers and other more industrial strength type computers. It's much more robust and crash resistant than Windows of any flavor (but the 'for sale' version is also much more expensive). It is also easier to recover when it does crash. It has true multithreaded, multitasking capabilities (it can handle more things simultaneously... and better… than any windows flavor) which allows for bigger, better, faster, more efficient computers. The latest Macintosh OS, OS X, is based on Linux.

Liliana

Actually I use Linux Mandrake, bought for a big 25 bucks at Walmart, much cheaper than Windows.

My computer decided it didnt want to run Windows anymore, I think a bit of the Hard disk is damaged and Windows i very specific about where it wants to put things, but Linux you can make put things about anywher. Not that I know a thing about that, thats what the husband is for :)

emily2otters

orphalese tarot shareware

who's got orphalese? how do you like it?

www.orphalese.com
(click on "tarot")

i just downloaded it a few days ago, and i can't get enough! i thought it would just be for those times when i needed a quick answer and didn't have time to dig for my deck, but i've been using it for extensive and detailed readings, and it's a very powerful tool.

perk: it's got a downloadable version of the mary-el majors (www.mary-el.com), as well as other pre-published decks, so you can play around with them and get to know them before they even hit the market. :) i've also used it to work with the soul cards (www.touchdrawing.com), though i haven't worked out all the kinks with that process yet.

very fun! very recommended!