King of Pentacles in communication readings

no_moon

I've done a reading for a friend regarding a reply from her best guy friend. She recently went to visit him and some confusing stuff happened between them. So she's been a bit worried that he isn't replying. It seems he's reading her messages, though (facebook tracks that heh).

For the actions he'd take, she drew the King of Pentacles.

Normally I'd see this card as establishing a business or solidifying assets but in communications, I'm just not sure.

The king isn't moving, unlike the knight. He likes tangible things, so maybe he will communicate with her in some tangible way?

Thirteen

The Pentacles are the slowest suit—like mud or earth. And the slowest of the Pentacle courts is undoubtedly the King. The Page is young and as hasty as a pentacle court can be; the Knight more plodding, but on a horse and so moving. The Queen is moving about the palace at a stately pace, making sure it is in order.

But the King...well, as you point out, he is firmly enthroned and not going anywhere. He doesn't need to. In the court world, people come to the King, he doesn't go to them. And the rock-solid Pentacle king, of all the kings, is the least likely of all the kings to move an inch from where he's sitting.

So, I think the action this guy is going to take (is taking) is pretty clear. He is going to sit there and wait for your friend to come to him. Patiently and stubbornly. He'll listen and keep informed, but he won't reply.

AraLuck

The Pentacles are the slowest suit—like mud or earth. And the slowest of the Pentacle courts is undoubtedly the King. The Page is young and as hasty as a pentacle court can be; the Knight more plodding, but on a horse and so moving. The Queen is moving about the palace at a stately pace, making sure it is in order.

But the King...well, as you point out, he is firmly enthroned and not going anywhere. He doesn't need to. In the court world, people come to the King, he doesn't go to them. And the rock-solid Pentacle king, of all the kings, is the least likely of all the kings to move an inch from where he's sitting.

So, I think the action this guy is going to take (is taking) is pretty clear. He is going to sit there and wait for your friend to come to him. Patiently and stubbornly. He'll listen and keep informed, but he won't reply.

I really like your take on this especially since I read about someone contacting me and got that answer just now! Meaning I got him as King Pents and looking really smug and not about to leave his 'realm' right now! So I love the way you have described this energy.

Thankfully for me a huge Wheel of Fortune comes after that, which means something will definitely wheel him off his throne at some point :D

Laurelle

From my experience it means that he is still thinking and weighing up things. He may not even make a move, or by the time he decides to vines will have encompassed his velvet robe.....and he may not even be able to escape.

You're not going to get a quick response like a Page or the King of Wands. I'd like to see a King of Wands here for a man of quick action.

Athenaia

Ah I have personal experience with this card for a very similar matter. I had a falling out with a friend in July and around August I sent them a letter detailing my feelings about the situation and that I hoped we could resume contact. A week later I pulled a single tarot card wondering whether or not he'd respond, and pulled the King of Pentacles. There was no response, probably because he became incredibly busy and there was a family emergency which trumped his attention. I remember reading a previous thread where something very similar happened to another poster, she pulled the King of Pentacles, and her friend never did reply either. She asked for some clarification from the friend later and a whole bunch of circumstances avalanched in her life as well, hence the lack of response.

no_moon

Thank you all for so many ideas!!

Thirteen, thank you! I think your interpretation is very close to the truth. She has been messaging him, though, so telling her to "go to him" would be difficult. They are located 7000 miles apart, but just saw each other at the end of March. It's been frustrating for her, as they talked so much when they were together. He is reading very quickly (as soon as he gets the message) but replied only once, when he wanted some information in return. Perhaps his attitude indicates that she should make an effort to send something tangible or go in person?

Araluck, thanks! I hope so too. I feel badly I couldn't tell her something more active....

Laurelle, thank you! Yes, that could be the case. He must have a lot on his mind, especially after their visit and because he's about to start a big project at work. Something needs to change, I guess, before he acts.

Athenaia, thanks for sharing your experience! That may be the case for him... I suppose only time will tell....