Froud's Faeries Oracle - What is it about this oracle?

ellirhyn

HearthCricket said it so well. . .as have many others. These are real.
I work really well with oracles, particularly this one because of the freedom of interpretation with it.
There is nothing to fear with this deck, other than one's own fear of the unknown, and that can be applied to any new thing!
Think of it this way. .. would you be afraid to make a new friend? This deck is full of friends to me. Whether they be archtypes that I need to hear from, or real beings that are as changeable as the wind, they are my friends because they help me. And I believe in them, which hopefully helps them as well. I have always believed in faeries, yes both the dark and the light sides.
Brian Froud's imagination of what Faerie is just happens to very much coincide with what I see/feel/imagine/believe. Some of his art actually doesn't appeal to me, (I might not hang it on my wall for example) however, each being represented is attractive and real in some way. Its like he's channeling them through himself and onto the paper or canvas. Its just powerful.
When you get the deck, (when you're ready, it'll come.) read the description for Ecstasis. Its something that human words just can't describe, its just not in any of our spoken languages. Thats the feeling I have when I work with this deck, even when its smacking me between the eyes quite painfully. It is always worth it. And I'm grateful that Brian's talent and vision was able to make it exist.