Any Bizzarro fanciers out there?

Satori

I actually love the insects in the pentacle suit in the Bizzaro. I think of "Industry" or industriousness. See for me the pentacles are like spiritual currency sometimes. What do you have to spend...what is in your spiritual bank account. And this releases me from the need to say, "OH, you have money coming in soon...."

With the Biz you can really see the little buggies working...and think about it, who works harder than the buggies? That for me was a brilliant addition to the pips. Bugs too have almost no concept of rest, they have the ultimate work ethic...work until you die basically. So if a spread is loaded with Deniers and you are using the Biz, I'm thinking type A personality...gotta take a vaca because you gonna expire soon! ;) Just a window into the way I look at some things sometimes!

As for the Wands...I have a hard time with the Wands cards. I just don't like the way they drew those branches. They almost look...bloody. Alien. But I'm working on it. Working through it I should say.

I love the Majors the best. And the Courts. But a few too many big noses. I love the Magician. That Magician looks like John Lennon to me. Every time I see it I'm thinking Hi ya' Johnny!

Cool deck.

.traveller.

Flavio said:
Would you please give us(me) some examples on your takes? just like you elaborated about the Strenght? Thank you!

Oof. Okay, anything specific? I just got the 3 of Coins in a reading so I can tell you how I read that card in context.
The question was about a letter I've been waiting on, and I was beginning to doubt whether or not I would actually receive it. When I looked at the card, I was reminded of how three coins look when held in ones palm. Those coins are concrete, tangible, real. Insects are fragile or small (unless you live near the equator) and may not seem like much in themselves. If I put those together, I have a tangible *something* that may not seem like much at first glance. One beetle is in flight and there are four beetles in all. The one in flight seems to be related to my question, and I think that a flying beetle has to land sometime. The four beetles with their connection to the natural world makes me think of the four of coins which is next in the sequence.

In another context, the beetles may 'read' more like weevils, the faces on the coins may take primary focus as well as the direction they are facing, I might notice that one of the beetles looks like a ladybug which I associate with luck. The interior of the coins is a different yellow than the background, I might think of being confident when I look at that color.

Does that help at all?

.traveller.

Satori said:
I actually love the insects in the pentacle suit in the Bizzaro. I think of "Industry" or industriousness. See for me the pentacles are like spiritual currency sometimes. What do you have to spend...what is in your spiritual bank account. And this releases me from the need to say, "OH, you have money coming in soon...."

With the Biz you can really see the little buggies working...and think about it, who works harder than the buggies? That for me was a brilliant addition to the pips. Bugs too have almost no concept of rest, they have the ultimate work ethic...work until you die basically. So if a spread is loaded with Deniers and you are using the Biz, I'm thinking type A personality...gotta take a vaca because you gonna expire soon! ;) Just a window into the way I look at some things sometimes!

As for the Wands...I have a hard time with the Wands cards. I just don't like the way they drew those branches. They almost look...bloody. Alien. But I'm working on it. Working through it I should say.

I love the Majors the best. And the Courts. But a few too many big noses. I love the Magician. That Magician looks like John Lennon to me. Every time I see it I'm thinking Hi ya' Johnny!

Cool deck.

Oh that's awesome! Bugs ARE always busy busy busy. The coloring and overall shape of the wands make me think of watermelons, or other things that ripen. I pay close attention to the branches, in some cards the branches look wilted which might tell me over-ripe, over-watered, etc.

Flavio

Satori said:
I actually love the insects in the pentacle suit in the Bizzaro. I think of "Industry" or industriousness.

With the Biz you can really see the little buggies working...and think about it, who works harder than the buggies? That for me was a brilliant addition to the pips.
Nice insight! thank you for sharing it, you managed to connect the busy insects on this suit which is usually regarded as the most pasive/receptive and yet insects are living creatures to be found on every garden.

Butterflies on the 6 di Denari made me feel a little bit anxious... I thought the denari were some kind of barrier that prevent them to meet, then I started to think in 3D and saw the butterflies flying above denari an meet at the center, somehow it became part of my interpretation, raise above obstacles and thinking outside the box.

I see them like cactus and as .traveller. said, branches are the thing to pay attention.

Flavio

.traveller. said:
Oof. Okay, anything specific? I just got the 3 of Coins in a reading so I can tell you how I read that card in context.
OK I got it... is all about the context, when thinking on your situation and looking at the card, the flying beetle made me think in air mail, as if the letter is already on its way. Thank you for the example.

Satori

Well, I was thinking in terms of how people make their money here on earth, and it is through industry, through activity. I'm not sure why pentacles or denari or coins should be passive. It is all about creating a sort of energy that we later spend...whether it be through our work or careers or through the energy of reaching out to each other and being accountable for each other, which is karma. So that is why I see the pents sometimes as spiritual currency. What does each sitter come to the table with. What is the tally. Depending on how the pents fall in a spread I can really get a reading of what kind of person they are.

Many people pay lip service to being new agey or "evolved". That they are in the groove of metaphysics. But do they really live? Do I? I know the 'cards know what I'm doing' because as people find their way to me I know what kind of clientèle I attract. As I grow and change, as my spiritual bank account reflects the deposits I see a change in my client base.

The thing about insects is that they always work as a team. They are destructive in our eyes, but in their own they are surviving. The same could be said of humankind. We destroy the environment etc...but we see it as survival.

The Biz is interesting and I can't wait to read more with it because it seems to me that it very nicely captures the ways we like to fool ourselves. It is a silly deck on face value yet with a deeper look, it very much targets how we ourselves can be buffoons. How are we not about community most of the time, but about ourselves? How do look when we think no one is watching...that is the sort of view the Biz shows us.

Satori

I did another reading with this today.
Wowee Zowee! Blew me away!
I think I love this deck. No. I love this deck! I do! I really, really do! The pips are talking too, in very loud, clear voices. Who would-a thunk it?

Rosanne

Hehe Satori! Love your enthusiasm. I asked a question about the worth of a meeting I was expected to go to.
Here was the answer.
All through the night and day, these two will yackity yack, with the emotion of their passion for the subject. The the rest of the committee will line up and yabber yabber too! All those kissy lips a' yabbering will be a burden, and then they will expect me to over commit to the project. So get in your car and drive Rosanne- even the Horse agrees with flight. No this clear reading told me, there was little worth in the meeting, nothing new would be said-0h but I went and the cards were right lol. Looking at the two women, one was as mad as a loon, and the other chatty and breezy and would not shut up. She treated all the committee members like toy soldiers- Yes Maam, No Maam, three bags full Maaam! All the way through I thought of this deck and inwardly laughed. ~Rosanne

Attachments

• BizzarroMeet2.jpg
    BizzarroMeet2.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 162

AJ

I'm using the Bizzarro as my deck of the week so am enjoying this discussion.
My take on the King of Batons is on my blog, as will be the rest of my daily draws this week, link in profile.
If I have problems or insights on my readings this week I'll certainly pop back in.

Satori

Hey Biz lovers, I just started a thread in the REX for a reading circle/exchange group. C'mon over and join us!!!