The Hermit as Feelings

xKam

I cannot find anything about this card representing one person's feelings for another without a clarified attached.

Can someone help me out here?

Would the Hermit mean that "A" is trying to figure out how they feel for "B"? And this can be put into any context - platonic, romantic, professional...

jema

I would see it as someone withdrawing from contact. The Hermit is a card of solitude. You could of course turn and and twist it and try to see other things in it, but the basic meaning of the card - for me - is just that. Solitude and working things out on your own, removing yourself from others.
So if it is a romantic reading I would dare say that the person in question is just not that interested.

Grizabella

I'd say that the Hermit indicates that the person is actively disinterested in having any kind of relationship with anyone, whether of friendship, romance, business or for that matter, enmity. They just want to be left completely alone---period. And I don't believe it has anything to do with trying to figure out how they feel for someone. It's a matter of them trying to figure out how they feel about themselves and their relationship to the whole rest of the world and life in general. Romance or feelings for another person don't enter into it very significantly at all.

xKam

Wow, thank you so much! That puts a lot into perspective and makes a lot of sense for the situation in which this card has been pulled.

One of my friends is going through a life change (college graduation) and they reached out to contact me, but the vibe felt "weird"... I asked how they felt in general and then how they felt towards me. In general - it was 2 of Pents (Rx) -- off-balance and then towards me, the Hermit.

I won't press them for convo with this. I was merely curious as this friend and I are usually close. :)

Thank you again. I am looking back at some previous readings for this card in terms of feelings and as I think back to those past events, it all becomes VERY clear.

SunChariot

I cannot find anything about this card representing one person's feelings for another without a clarified attached.

Can someone help me out here?

Would the Hermit mean that "A" is trying to figure out how they feel for "B"? And this can be put into any context - platonic, romantic, professional...

It woudl mean that feel they need some alone time from that person. They are not in a place where they feel like talking to them or seeing them. They just feel like they need to be alone. At least for the time being. they just feel like they want to be left alone for now. It might be only for a day or two,,. But that is what they feel most strognly right now.

Babs

Sulis

You could also look at the card that he's shining his light towards to get some ideas there. The Hermit is seeking so he may be trying to discover how he feels but doesn't want anyone else's opinion or thoughts on it. He wants to work it out for himself.

DPJ

The question of feelings

Hi All,

I think this is an old post, but I just came across it. I've been reading for a year and only now starting to be able to come up with meanings for the cards from past experience/accumulated knowledge.

In answer to the original question of how the Hermit represents someone's feelings *for* another person. I'd say, if that is the exact question you asked then saying he *wants* to be left alone doesn't seem accurate. In my experience this card has meant the person *feels* alone and separate from the other person, but he is not going to try to connect. Instead he is going to use the time apart to work on himself and figure out what he wants- how relationship in general fits into his life or will (or will not) help him along his path. That is to say, he feels separated, and he is embracing the separation; using it for his own purposes.

Just my two cents.

Cheers,
DPJ

Grizabella

I've always thought a hermit made the choice to leave society and become a loner. I don't think he could be considered a hermit unless it was his own choice. He chooses to be alone and chooses not to interact with the rest of society.

Now, if the question is specifically how someone feels, then maybe you could say he feels alone. If he was forced to be alone by others, then I'd say he'd be called an outcast, not a hermit.

ashleigh090990

Stumbled on this, thought I'd add to it! I've pulled this card before regarding an ex's feelings for me and from what I learned afterwards, it could mean they feel isolated from that person. My ex told me that I was hard to get close to, as I don't let my emotions show - he therefore felt left out in the cold by this.

scorpiogirl

Stumbled on this, thought I'd add to it! I've pulled this card before regarding an ex's feelings for me and from what I learned afterwards, it could mean they feel isolated from that person. My ex told me that I was hard to get close to, as I don't let my emotions show - he therefore felt left out in the cold by this.

Interesting! That seems more 5 of Pentacles.
Perhaps he feels isolated and then going off his own way because of that...