Adept Level . . . STEP 16 of 21 Ways To Read A Tarot Card

squeakmo9

dadsnook2000 said:
To quote a famous phrase from a Moon-bound space ship several decades ago, I have a problem ---- I can't attach an image. I think I let my membership elapse. Oh well, I'll have to check my account. I've got no star by my name now, so I guess I'm in limbo-land for a bit. Dave
i tried to pm you Dave regarding some info but your box is full...delete some stuff...and BTW 20% off renewels and upgrade of membership...HERE
:)

dadsnook2000

For Squeaks and the list.

Thanks for the reminder. I had received a message from Solandia some time ago but had forgotten it with all of the busyness associated with my wife's mom being hospitalized and later passing. Anyways, I've now paid for another year's subscription and should be able to post and attach in another day or so.

Meanwhile, my blog site is going well as I cover the dual subjects of astrology and tarot, plus offering a unique "astro-tarot" reading for those who request it. My astrological work focuses on prediction, and I'm currently using charts for O.J. Simpson and his recent breakin-robbery-kidnapping conviction for an event that occurred in September of 2007 with a sentencing last December for 15 to 37 years in prison.

Those that are interested in such things can visit the Ninth House site at
http://ninthhouse.wordpress.com/ Dave

dadsnook2000

Dave's Hermit sketch

Now that I am an official subscriber again, I can resume my participation. Here is the Fey Hermit Sketch that I did --- intentionally broad-lined and simple just to see what emerged. I've also included a copy of the actual Fey Hermit card.
Dave

Attachments

• Hermit Sketch.jpg
    Hermit Sketch.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 148
  • Fey-HERMIT-card.jpg
    Fey-HERMIT-card.jpg
    216.3 KB · Views: 151

dadsnook2000

Daves 3-card drawing

I've chosen three Fey cards to make into one combined drawing.
** Fey TEN/WANDS: A young Fey carries a giant Orange upon her back, having found it among many small regular sized Oranges lying about a large tree.
** Fey FOUR/PENTACLES: A fool-like figure sits upon a large pentacle, his leg chained, a key lying on the floor before him. He gazes vacant-eyed, unsure of what to do.
** Fey HERMIT: The chosen card used in the last several posts, the Hermit wanders up and down a jumble of stairways within a tower.

In my sketch I've pictured the Fey carrying the heavy, giant Orange with the Four/Pentacles sitting on top, increasing the load greatly that the Fey is carrying. The Four/Pentacles just sits there, uncaring of the load he places upon others, while the young Fey may be realizing that some burdens in life are caused by others who are unaware of their stupidity and laxness. The Hermit has just discovered this scene and is wondering who is the greater fool, the oblivious one or the hard-working one. The light from his lantern seems to not be clearing up the situation, showing that some people don't know the truth when it is in front of them.

What I may have glimpsed in this exercise is a re-appreciation that we should be wary of the responsibilities we take on that are due to the non-efforts of others, and that sometimes we can't help to illuminate a problem when the participants aren't ready to see the light. Dave

Attachments

• 3-card combo.jpg
    3-card combo.jpg
    165.1 KB · Views: 136

Jewel

What excellent work, both of you. I learn so much in this group :). I really like your drawings too. This exercise (once I chose a deck I could actually feel comfortable doing this with) was really eye opening to me. Too bad I just could not make it happen with my Fantastic Menagerie, for some reason all of the artistic details got in the way of me being able to really do it. I hope I can find a way to scan and post my card so the two of you can get a real laugh *LOL*. The Magical Forest was a really fun deck to do this exercise with.