Most Unusual Oracle?

greatdane

What is the most unusual oracle you've used and did it work for you?

Little Hare

well its not that unusual... but.. i got chronata to create me my own oracle (little hares oracle) from a set of symbols i wanted painted on black stones... it works really well! I'll see if i can find the link...

I love it :D

EDIT: here is the link: http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=111844

greatdane

That's Amazing, Little Hare!

Chronata is so multi-talented and a brilliant artist and, I think, a great purveyor of magic items :)).

Thank you for sharing pix!

GD

WolfyJames

I don't think there is such a thing as an unusual oracle. Unlike tarot that has a specific form, anything goes with oracles, hence the impossibility for them to be "unusual". Oracles allow much more freedom to creators.

greatdane

Well, but, surely, Wolfy....

There must be some, well, unusual oracles out there that are very unique to their owners. Like Little Hare having a personal set created. I don't want to get tied up in semantics here, but I'm guessing there ARE some really interesting and unusual and unique oracles in the sense they are one of a kind.

Glass Owl

A few weeks ago I went through a bunch of Magic the Gathering cards and pulled a bunch of the common cards with interesting sayings/quotes and made my own Magic oracle deck.

I also have one made up of Bella Sara cards.

greatdane

Ohhh, I like that, Glass Owl!

How wonderful to make it your own! That's kind of what I was looking for when I started the thread about oracles that are unique to you. I think making one's own oracles or talismans or whatever rituals we have become more powerful and meaningful when we make them ours.

strings of life

WolfyJames said:
I don't think there is such a thing as an unusual oracle. Unlike tarot that has a specific form, anything goes with oracles, hence the impossibility for them to be "unusual". Oracles allow much more freedom to creators.
Agreed. Oracles aren't subject to any rules whatsoever...

greatdane

Oracles have no rules

I do get that, but that really isn't my question. I still think there are many interesting ones out there that people have designed, or maybe have made from unusual materials, that I certainly want to hear about. Learning about various oracles, and perhaps things people have used to make them one may not normally think of, I thought would be of interest. It definitely is to me.

MareSaturni

The Magic Cards of the Russian Sybil

The most unusual deck I ever saw. With a sorta crazy booklet. But it still manages to be interesting....

And the Engel und Madonnen cards. I have them, but I got them from Aulruna without any book. Not that it's help me, as it'd probably in in german. The cards are very beautiful, designed by Urban Trösch (the same guy who illustrated the Mystical Lenormand).

The cards are beautiful, exquisite, unusual... but I still don't know exactly how to use them. Guess I'll have to trust my intuition on this one.