Absolute Favorite Oracle Decks

iAmRiotEyes

Hello all :)

Recently I purchased my first oracle deck (Enchanted Map Oracle) and it's been insanely accurate. I can't get over it. At first I was iffy about buying an oracle deck but I don't regret buying it in the least. I've taken big steps forward in my personal growth because of it. I can't say enough about it, highly recommended for those who don't own it yet. Go get it!!

So I've been thinking why not get some more. What are your guys' favorite deck? The one you'd save if your house burned down kind of deck? The one most likely to tell you that your house is going to burn down? lol

I know some decks are better at advice while others are better at telling you what's going to happen, so I'm looking for some that center around advice but if you absolutely must recommend a certain deck, feel free! I just want ideas.

Serenia

My favourite oracle decks are the Messenger Oracle and the Gaia Oracle. I have the Messenger Oracle since last June and it has always given me good advice on how to deal with a certain situation. The Gaia Oracle just arrived about two weeks ago and it already has a special place in my heart, too. It feels so healing and grounding to me.

Chronata

Oh I am such an oracle nut! I am so happy you found a wonderful one that works for you! I have been meaning to get The Enchanted Map, so I appreciate the good review!

I have many many oracles...and so many of them I adore! But I realize some might just be a bit too quirky...

My list of fun, accurate and awesome oracles is as follows...

Madame Endora...beautiful illustrations, rich symbolism. Annoying sentences on each card...but hey, you can do what I do and just ignore them. This one works better the more you delve into symbolism, where you will discover that this deck has wonderful multi layered depth.

Psycards... I like to think of these as Endora's older sister. They compliment each other well in readings. This is a very intelligent and grounded deck, full of symbolism (again!) and Jungian Archetypes. And the pictures are pretty, so that doesn't hurt!

Dream Inspirational Cards...also known as the Dream oracle, Lo Scarebeo's strange surreal art deck. This one is great if you want to practice with intuition alone.

Morgan's Tarot...I admit this one isn't for eveybody. I mean it took me 25 years to fully understand it (and I still don't completely!) But it's a fun trippy drug fueled mind game on the surface, and a wise tricksterish Sage just below.

Faerie Oracle admittedly, you have to like Froud's art and have a thing for faeries to really appreciate this deck. But it's so loving, and playful, and whimsical, and can take a good amount of study to really get it (just look at the FO's study group here, to see what I mean!) But i think it's worth it. This is a very accurate deck for me.

GoldenWolf

I avoided oracle decks for years because I rarely used the ones I had with the exception of the Animal Medicine Cards which I used regularly because I love animals and using their symbolism in divination. The recent fad of pretty-pretty decks without much substance also put me off oracles.

Last fall, owls, primarily barn owls, began appearing to me in books, pictures, and so on so when I saw the box for the Messenger Oracle with the barn owl gazing out, I knew I had to have it without even looking at the rest of the cards. It has actually given me very specific and useful advice on the questions I pose to it. This is so different than my experience with most oracles. I use it frequently, either alone or to supplement tarot readings. The artist for this deck is also working on a tarot so I am looking forward to seeing that.

Based on that positive experience, I got the Enchanted Map Oracle and haven't had much time to play with it yet. I love the art and the gilt edges, but can't yet tell if it tranlates into a relevant reading deck for me. So I am open to other oracles, but trying not to go nuts buying stuff just because I like the art.

2dogs

I haven't been into Oracles for very long and am sadly lacking in decks, so have just ordered the Enchanted Map and Nature-Speak decks as the art appeals to me ;) The Enchanted Map appears to have plenty of detail in the images for my intuition to work on, and for the other deck I like the idea of learning meanings for the things I see around me in Nature, and hope to deepen my appreciation of them. I am enjoying the general concept of Oracle decks that the images and meanings can be based on almost anything, which makes them feel a lot fresher and more inspiring than yet another variation on the Tarot structure.

I've had the Earth Magic deck the longest and this has been working very well so far. The images are mainly nature based paintings by a mix of artists, and the book says some interesting things about the general associations of the subject of each card as well as a separate divinatory meaning. Wisdom of the Hidden Realms has lovely images and very detailed interpretations, but I don't find ideas leaping out at me and have to read the book every time.

AJ

I actually prefer oracles to tarot at this stage of my learning curve. So to pick a single favorite, can't do it!

a few favorites though:
Ancient Feminine Wisdom

both the Moon Oracle and Radiant Sun Oracle

Shaman's Oracle

elvenstar

Froud's Faerie is probably my all time favourite. It works for me in every capacity, from soul searching, to future glimpsing, to a bit of fun, to encouragement, to totally practical advice :heart:

The Druid Plant Oracle is a great one for advice too in my experience, in every area of life, gentle but to the point.

One that I use very sparingly, but would heartily recommend is the Symbolon. It consistently blows my mind, though I'd say it is one purely for 'psychological stuff' :D

I've recently been doing online one card draws on Colette Baron Reid's website, and both the Hidden Realms and the Map cards have offered very useful insights, so I'm tempted to get the actual decks too, though I'm not sure which one to go for first :) Her Wisdom of Avalon deck is also one of my go-to decks on occasion.

iAmRiotEyes

I've been curious about Colette Baron-Reid's other oracle decks, so it's good to see some mentioned :) And also Froud's Faerie, I really want that one lol

So many suggestions :D I'll look into those decks.

I know what you mean AJ, they're so much clearer but hey...

AJ

If you want to pay shipping I'll let you inherit my Faeries' Oracle.
Excellent condition, with exception of the blank card which suffered scars by running under the wheel of my office chair. He wasn't even slightly apologetic for the heart stopping condition I was in.
Two owners, Scion and me, low miles.

the book is hard cover so figure 2 pounds shipping.

iAmRiotEyes

If you want to pay shipping I'll let you inherit my Faeries' Oracle.
Excellent condition, with exception of the blank card which suffered scars by running under the wheel of my office chair. He wasn't even slightly apologetic for the heart stopping condition I was in.
Two owners, Scion and me, low miles.

the book is hard cover so figure 2 pounds shipping.

That is so kind of you, thank you! :D Give me a little while to pay of some bills and I'll definitely take you up on that offer.