Lenormand/Titania combinations

Kara

Umm, not me. :), sorry... But if you can work them, hey. Nope, nope, nope, for collecting sure, but to actually work with, I think they're a little overpowering... and the Tarocci doesn't really say anything to me... Which would you prefer?

Moonbow

Yes, I agree I'm not keen on the more modern ones, but then the Titania seems to be very popular.

I think I will try the Piatnik for the next spread and maybe later..... :D

Thanks Kara

Kara

Mini-update

I'm back..:)! I bought a bunch of books on Lenormand before I left Germany, and in one of them, by Christiane Renner (Arbeiten mit den Wahrsagekarten der M. Lenormand), she states that the cards are most likely of German origin. It is something I always thought too, but then immediately the thought came up, 'but what do I know'...so I stuck to the french origin version. The symbology was so typical for the mentality, it seemed likely. Just thought I'd add this in here...:)

love
Kara

MareSaturni

Moonbow* said:
Yes, I agree I'm not keen on the more modern ones, but then the Titania seems to be very popular.
I think I will try the Piatnik for the next spread and maybe later..... :D

You're talking about decks...well, mine is one made by a Brazilian artist. The pictures are almost the same as the Piatnik, but the cards are a bit smaller (i think) & have a different style. For me it's good, because i like carrying my deck around ;)

Here, i took a picture of some cards: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v213/frengers/yuko/mylenormand.jpg

What do you think of it? Sorry for the terrible quality of the picture, the actual cards aren't that blurry.
I liked this cards because they are...strong to me, besides, it's not like i've found many different options here. But it seems eveyone uses the Piatnik deck so now i'm curious about it.

~Yuko

Moonbow

Hi Yuko

That looks like a nice deck, I've not seen it before.

It's nothing like the Piatnik which is shown in full in the link in post 20 though.

If you wish to add on to any of the draws already done then you are very welcome. The group has slowed down in recent weeks but some new blood may just get us all posting again.

Welcome to Aeclectic.

MareSaturni

Moonbow* said:
Hi Yuko

That looks like a nice deck, I've not seen it before.

It's nothing like the Piatnik which is shown in full in the link in post 20 though.

If you wish to add on to any of the draws already done then you are very welcome. The group has slowed down in recent weeks but some new blood may just get us all posting again.

Welcome to Aeclectic.

Yes, i've seen it's different. I guess i've made some confusion...there are so many decks out there it's hard to keep track of the names.

Anyway yes, actually i'd like to know what you think of the following combination. I used the Lenormand Spread and i got, in the forth row (near future) the three following cards, amongst the others:
The Child--The Stork--The Tower

The Lady was in the third row (present), if i recall well, just above those cards.

I've been told the combination Tower + Stork may mean pregnancy...is it real? Because i cannot think of me getting pregnant (i'm 17 and i don't even have a...man to be the father. you get the picture) or anyone in my family.

Ah, i hate being a confused beginner...

Kara

Those cards are so nice! Where can I order them, miss_yuko?

love
Kara

Moonbow

Kara welcome home :D ...... such a globetrotter!

It's been quiet around here without you, although I am mostly to blame, I've been distracted lately and have been meaning to get back to Draw 15 for days now (sorry Katie).

I would be interested in knowing where your deck can be purchased too Yuko. As for the combination, I am currently devising my own interpretation of the cards further, and I haven't yet done the Lenormand spread (waaaay too many cards for me). I hope someone here can help you out.

MareSaturni

Kara said:
Those cards are so nice! Where can I order them, miss_yuko?

love
Kara

Hi Kara!

I'm afraid this deck might be only available in Brazil since it's publisher is a small, local one =/. Hence, this deck is not much known even here.

I could try to buy it and send it to you through mail. The deck itself is not much expensive, just the post offices taxes may be a bit. If you're willing to wait till the end of them month (when i get my money ;D), there should be no serious problem.

Love,

Yuko

Kara

Hi Moonbow!! Yup, it took awhile longer than I thought, but everything went better than I thought...I'm glad to be back here though. :D

miss_yuko: Thanks for the offer and I will gladly take you up on it, will pm you.

love,
Kara