21 Ways To Read A Tarot Card -- step ONE

fractalgranny

step 1 - morgan greer - 21 ways

step ONE

crow's magick, page of cups

this card centers around a reptile eagerly jumping out of a circle. it's almost like a puppy. its mouth is open, we can see its red tongue. it's camouflage-coloured. apart from the circle, six geometric, sigil-like elements can be seen on the card, all drawn in faint gold. from upper left to lower right they are three dots arranged in a triangle, an almost square rectangle, a zig-zag line, three rectangles connected by lines (a bit like a flowchart) and something that looks the head and shoulders of a one-eyed stick figure. the card's background is black (as all crow's magick cards). in the upper part, we can see flecks of green and red and gold that could be interpreted as cosmic dust. three astronomical symbols can be seen in the lower left corner (pisces, cancer and virgo).

in the lower middle, it says "page of cups" and underneat we find the words "unearthy, mystical."

i'm glad this is one of the cards that showed up because it is one of my favourite cards in that deck. i'll be happy to study with this card.

Lil Red

21 Ways - Step One (first card)

Step ONE: Tarot of the Sweet Twilight, Knight of Swords

The Knight of Swords shows a young woman looking down at the floor while her two hands grips the handle of her sword looking sad as if she is lost. Right beside her lays her loyal unicorn, resting until it's ready to go when the young woman decides in where to go. Then we have another young woman sitting down on a giant rock with pinkish hair looking down at the sad woman who can't meet her eyes. This woman seems that she has the answers that the young woman seeks but she may be holding back due to the woman may learn nothing out of it. In between them there is a stick with a moose skull head.

This is the Sweet Twilight KNIGHT OF SWORDS card.

fractalgranny

Step ONE: Tarot of the Sweet Twilight, Knight of Swords

The Knight of Swords shows a young woman looking down at the floor while her two hands grips the handle of her sword looking sad as if she is lost. Right beside her lays her loyal unicorn, resting until it's ready to go when the young woman decides in where to go. Then we have another young woman sitting down on a giant rock with pinkish hair looking down at the sad woman who can't meet her eyes. This woman seems that she has the answers that the young woman seeks but she may be holding back due to the woman may learn nothing out of it. In between them there is a stick with a moose skull head.

This is the Sweet Twilight KNIGHT OF SWORDS card.

thanks for sharing this! this deck looks very interesting, i think i'm going to put it on my wish list :)

fractalgranny

I guess as I am a late starter it will be in order to do the steps quicker than one a week? Please advise! :D

Edited to add: I couldn't wait - have moved on to the other steps!! ;)

i'd say don't worry - i'm racing through them right now, while i have time. come the new year, i'll be too busy probably. nice to be on this road with you!

Hemera

21 Ways-Step One: Vampyres Tarot, The Empress

I want to join in please:) But I need to race through the steps as well -simply because I´m an Aries. I don´t think I could spend a week at each stage })

21 Ways Step one: Vampyres Tarot -The Empress

(I was a bit disappointed that I got this card since I´m not sure I like it. So I almost picked the easier one that was also on offer (6 Cups). But I felt I can´t really by pass a Major from my favorite deck. So here goes..)

A lovely young lady stands under an apple tree branch. She looks very sad but her gaze is steady and soulful in an uncanny way. Her dress is a Baroque style costume, very elaborate and tasteful but her jewelry looks more modern. She is wearing an emerald green heart (same as in Lovers), a golden sign of Venus, something that could be a moonstone and a fourth one that looks like a sun( I need to check with a magnifying glass). She wears two rings. Especially her hair looks like from our modern times. The apples above her head are all green and look raw. A bee (wasp?) seems to be eating one of the apples. She holds a pink rose in her hands. Her nails are black and vampirish. There is a little blood around her mouth as well, which is the only other reminder about her being a vampire.
ETA: I checked with a magnifying glass and the necklace is not a sun but a flower. She also has a string of pearls around her neck. There is blood on her dress as well so yet another reminder of her being a vampire.

Edit: By Step SIX I have fallen in love with this Empress :) I know her a lot better by now and there is much more depth in her than I thought here at Step ONE.

skye-angelite

21 Ways STEP ONE: Gilded Tarot, Nine of Pentacles

STEP ONE: Gilded Tarot, Nine of Pentacles

I can see that this is going to be a long post, such a beautiful card with tons of detail, here goes ...
A contented lady stands in front of a lace-work gazebo holding a hooded bird upon her raised left hand.
She is beautifully clothed in a blue and green gown with gold braiding at the waist and circling down her arms. Her gown has gold/orange designs on the hemline and pure white ruffles at her wrists and around the neckline.
Her right hand holds her gown up slightly to reveal a red underskirt with what looks like the same design as her gowns hemline.
In her hair she wears a long red ribbon and gold braiding as on her gown.
She is adorned with two rings on her right hand, a necklace at her throat and a jewel or bead on the braiding in her hair at her forehead.
She is turned slightly to her right with her attention at the birds feet at her hand.
Three beautiful Monarch Butterflies hover around her.
Below her and raising up beside her on her left there is a vine with red and purple flowers, nine glorious pentacles and a ladybird travelling towards her or viewing her.
The nine golden pentacles show amazing detail and colour, they glow. Inside each pentacle are green gems, further pentacles and in the centre of each is a sun.
Behind her at the foot of one of the gazebos spiralled poles is a plant with little red flowers.
Billowing full white clouds rise up behind and above what appears to be a distant steep snow-capped mountain into a perfectly blue sky.
Around the border of the scene are three green jewels signifying the Element of Earth.
I am holding (and admiring) the Nine of Pentacles from the Gilded Tarot.

lyssac

21 Ways -- Step One

Step ONE: Connolly, Hanged Man

http://i560.photobucket.com/albums/ss49/Lucid_dreamer_Photos/scan0019.jpg

The central figure is a man (30s) with brown hair and rennassaince style clothing hanging upside down against a tree-like beam. Although there is a rope wrapped around the beam, he is not tied. He is in a relaxed posture, with a saint's/enlightened halo around his head.

A cherub looks on from the side of the card and looks disapproving. Already, I am seeing and paying attention to additional details and what they could mean, instead of just saying, "Oh, it's the hanged man."

This is Connolly's The Hanged Man, XII.

fractalgranny

thank you for joining us, lyssac!

pequenakid

21 Ways - Step One

DruidCraft Tarot, The Queen of Wands.

A brunette woman sits in a chair, seemingly staring at her wand. The wand has a small green globe at the base of it. She is dressed in a red dress with goldenrod colored pants on. Beneath her chair an orange tabby type cat crouches, looking directly at the person viewing the card. In the background is a large fire.