Baroque Bohemian Cats - King of Pentacles

GryffinSong

I have to say that I'm LOVING the court cards in this deck, and this king is no exception.

Sumptiously dressed in a pink, lace-trimmed coat, this king is literally sitting pretty in his fancy dress and opulent surroundings. He's confident, assured, and by the set of his eyes, a bit arrogant, but in a nice way. I giggle at all the kings in this deck, because none of their feet reach the ground from their thrones. As if, depending on the mood of the reading, these kings are just play-acting a role, and might leap off in pursuit of a mouse at any moment.

GryffinSong

This king has very quickly become one of my very favorite cards in the deck. He feels so very grounded and kind-hearted. I feel as if I could curl up at his feet and he'd tell me tales all night. The elegant surroundings seem a strange place for a lesson in groundedness and being centered, and yet that's exactly what he seems to have to share. He is utterly and completely himself. Confident, at home in his own skin/fur, and ready to lead. And he does seem a leader, rather than a ruler. Like he would have power WITH, instead of power OVER. A kindly king, a good father, and a powerful friend.

I love this cat. :heart: