Baroque Bohemian Cats - King of Wands

GryffinSong

This ginger tabby sits on his chair, legs stretched out straight as if to shake the kinks out of his knees. Despite the apparent party going on around him he seems distracted, introspective, perhaps writing stories or designing artwork in his head. He lightly holds a wand with ivy growing on it, and his green-trimmed red coat implies a festive holiday, but he seems distant from it all. As if he simply isn't in the mood right now, or has more important things on his mind.

GryffinSong

I now have the third edition of this deck, in addition to the first. This king has changed in some significant ways. Instead of an ivy covered staff, he holds a long stemmed pipe. Very elegant looking. The background no longer has a doorway onto a party. The party is immediately behind him, but several people wear masks, as if he's at a costume ball, or a performance. Funny that he's looking away, completely ignoring the action behind him. The trim on his coat is no longer green, but a bright blue that goes with the flowers on his vest. This king seems more indoorsy, more staid perhaps, more settled than the other. He seems very comfortable and "at home" in this card. As I'm writing, I can also imagine that the scene behind him is actually a play that he's imagining in his head. Writing a story to share later, and allowing us to see the action in his mind. It looks like Cyrano, as one of the men has a huge, long nose. A black masked woman steps light-heartedly behind Cyrano, glancing back over her shoulder, as if to tease or entice someone to follow. She appears to be dancing with a green-hatted gentleman. They face away from each other, but appear to be mirroring each other's steps. So funny to see all this action behind the king. Is he conversing with someone out of the card? Is he imagining the action? Or is it real? Perhaps what's in his pipe is a little more than plain tobacco. ;)