AT Comparative Study Group - Table of Contents

contrascarpe

The purpose of this thread to keep an organization within the Study Group. This thread will be updated and edited as we progress.

The outline for the study group may be found here:

AT Comparative Study Group Outline

Each card will have a separate post. The organization of each thread will be as follows:

- Under subject, the format will be as follows (using the first card as an example) - AT Comparative Study - A - The Sun - 19. The letter (A) will tell us the order we studied the cards. We will go A-Z, AA-ZZ, AAA-ZZZ (did the Tarot Gods mean to have the number of cards equally divisible by the alphabet?). This will allow people to have the opportunity to jump later with the same order as we started.
- The first post will be very general observations on the card and will also be a post that will continuously edited. There will be a "keywords" section at the end of the post and from time to time I will add certain keywords from your posts to this so that we can use it as a quick thumbnail.
- The second post will be the first Comparative Analysis. Since a large chunk of us are intimately familiar with the RWS, I will use this as a guide. Note - I will use the RWS numbering for Strength and Justice.

Have fun everyone!

CARDS COVERED SO FAR:

Majors -
The Magician - K - 1
The Chariot - E - 7
The Hanged Man - R - 12
The Sun - A - 19

Wands -
Three of Wands - L
Five of Wands - Q
Six of Wands - P
Queen of Wands - I

Cups -
Two of Cups - H
Four of Cups - O
Seven of Cups - D
King of Cups - F

Swords -
Ace of Swords -B
Four of Swords - G
Eight of Swords - C

Pentacles -
Two of Pentacles - N
Four of Pentacles - J
Eight of Pentacles - M

contrascarpe

Note: I meant to mention this, sorry.

Feel free to post a card from a deck even if the deck has already been referenced. We all see things differently and that is part of the learning process here - to see how different people view the same image.

contrascarpe

Just wanted to bump the table of contents ......

contrascarpe

Update

As I mentioned in another thread, I will be away for a few days. The two latest cards are picking up steam and I have posted SOME links for one of them. Upon my return I will complete that and post another card or two.

Thanks to all who are posting and keeping this going. There is some great analysis in your posts and I am grateful for the participation. Once things normalize for me in the next week, there will be more cards to have fun with.

Thanks!
Dan

jema

Perhaps we can ask a moderator to make this thread into a "sticky" so it stays on the top of the forum?

contrascarpe

jema said:
Perhaps we can ask a moderator to make this thread into a "sticky" so it stays on the top of the forum?

Hi jema -

Thanks for this suggestion. Hopefully soon we won't need to do that. We are closing in on the requirements for our own forum topic. In the meantime, I will bump this on occasion.

contrascarpe

Update on group - May 7

It is amazing how long it takes to keep current with this after a week of not being around here much, lol.

Here is where we stand - I updated the links for the latest two cards listed and also updated the decks covered for all five cards we have studied.

If someone could keep in the back of their mind to notify me should you see a new thread start somewhere on cards already covered, I would appreciate it. The time spent trying to keep up sometimes prevents me from seeing something new pop up.

I hope to have two more cards up today or tomorrow. Thanks to all who have kept the threads fresh while I have been away.

Dan

contrascarpe

Bumping this thread again - also, another update to the cards posted so far ......

I got rid of those annoying link descriptions as I finally figured out how to link using only the name of what is being linked (one sentence with the word "link" mentioned three times ...... my HS English teacher would be upset).

Hope to have another card or two up soon.

Dan

contrascarpe

Hey all - as many of you know, I am back and I apologize for putting the Study in limbo. I am going to be tied up for a couple of days in meetings and windshield time but hope to have another card up by Tuesday night (east coast U.S. time).

Thanks for your patience.

Dan

Mimers

Hi Dan,

The great thing about the Aeclectic world vs the Real world is that in the Aeclectic world there are no deadlines! :)

So, take your time my friend, we aren't going anywhere.

Mimi