Touchstone Tarot by Kat Black

retrokat

I'm starting a new thread here now that my new deck is nearing publication.

You can see some of the cards at http://touchstonetarot.com

For those interested in it's evolution, you can see the discussion during this dekc's journey at the old thread: http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?p=915823

A small group of people have been given access to view the whole deck, but due to piracy, only a few cards will be shown publicly before it's release. Hopefully some of that select group will be willing to tell you what they think and if it's worth you pre-ordering a copy.

There will be a small, limited and numbered edition of 500 Collector decks - probably around mid 2008, or perhaps sooner depending on production issues. Preorders will be taken soon for those.

Then, there will be a mass market release in 2009. Details of that to be announced shortly, but it will be with a book publisher not a specialty Tarot publisher.

Digital (eg games, mobile) usage is also being sought, as the deck was primarily designed to look good on a screen - although it should look fine and dandy printed as well.

A wonderful benefactor who wishes to remain anonymous was instrumental in getting this project happening. More info about that on the old thread - it's been a total fairytale, and is now very near to becoming a reality :)

(Need it now? Buy the Touchstone Tarot on Amazon.com)

raventepes

I just have one thing to say.

Where do I sign up for preorder?!?!?! :D

ETA:

raventepes said:
(from the AT Top Ten thread) I look forward to buying and reading with your upcomeing deck

I posted that a minute before she started this thread...

retrokat

Thanks! Leisa and I need to finalise all the details of the release (box etc) so that we can accurately do the costings and also get a reliable ETA. We don't want to take preorders until we can guarantee when you'll actually GET the deck! :)

raventepes

Yeah. I undestand completely. I'm just impaitent about it :)

retrokat

Hmm, how about this.. I promise that we will announce it first here, so subscribe to this thread if you want to know as soon as we start taking preorders :)

HearthCricket

I am saving this thread! I am dying for the limited edition, as I have small hands and have been anxiously waiting this deck with great enthusiasm. Kudos to you, Kat, as well as the fairytale benefactor who has graced you with making dreams come true. ((())) It is a beauty!

6 Haunted Days

I'm sure getting a limited edition, but didn't you mention Kat that this would be quite pricey? If so, that I really doubt 500 are going to sell out in a short time...also as a mass market/cheaper version is in the works soon.

retrokat

Depends on your definition of pricy. It will be good value for what it is. I'd roughly guess at about double the price of the mass market, as a ballpark. And as for 'soon' - the mass-market won't be available for at least a year.

Quester

The Golden has been my primary deck for a long time. It has a personality like no other deck I own. I can't wait to be able to get the new one and I know that it will be as talkative as my golden!

6 Haunted Days

retrokat said:
Depends on your definition of pricy. It will be good value for what it is. I'd roughly guess at about double the price of the mass market, as a ballpark. And as for 'soon' - the mass-market won't be available for at least a year.

Ah ok, that's not too pricey at all, at least to me! lol

I was thinking like $100-$150 etc.

$50-60 is pretty affordable.

As far as the massmarket, I meant that we know at some point it's being published as opposed to other limited edition decks where that's it for any publication....