Touchstone Tarot by Kat Black

Rob

Pagan X said:
Wow. How did you even *locate* some of those decks, never mind get them in two weeks? Was it all at one store? That would've been the Collectors Dream Store fer sure.

You have excellent taste, might I add.

If you were talking to me on this one, AT served as one particularly good "collector's dream store." :) But I also found some obscure websites that had decks I liked but couldn't find elsewhere, and I got the self-published ones from the artists. My profile is up to date with my current collection, but I have 15 or so decks still on the way. Hopefully they'll get here soon!

And thanks for the compliment on my taste. :) I just picked ones I thought I'd enjoy, and for the most part, my selections have been pleasing. There are some that I haven't really connected with yet, but I'll give them more of a chance. The Touchstone, though, was definitely one with which I see a long and happy future. :)

All Is One

Touchstone Tarot Study Group

I got off track when I got the flu awhile back, but I think I'm about ready to get back to the study group. I have trouble finding the threads, but that's a personal issue ;~)

(Note: My deck is beginning to soften up in just the right ways.)

I learned something really interesting about the Six of Cups from a post that Morticia Monroe made in the study group. She sees the two children, not as brother and sister, but as betrothed children (of royal blood, naturally.)

This is very Tudor. I have adopted Morticia's theory to my deck and I'm keeping it. It perfectly incorporates the look of the card and the outer harmony and balance of the Six of Cups, while giving it a deeper resonance.

In short, I lost my head over that interpretation.

retrokat

Full deck now online

http://www.78friends.com/touchstone

This is the updated version of the deck that will come out with Kunati next year - so if you have the LE edition you can start playing Spot The Difference already :D

Also has all the art references etc so that will answer some peoples' questions about the people used in the deck.

minrice

New TT card thread!!!

I posted a new TT study thread last night:

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=107583
The Moon! I am currently in love with this card as the Moon just pops from the card in a way I haven't seen it do in any other deck.

Besides all the history in this deck what I am enjoying most are the textures and colors. The silks, the furs, the patterns, the materials! They just pop and the deck, it is so luscious.

I know, come back to us AIO! Lol. We miss you in the study group.

Am excited to see the "new" cards Kat, and am glad you have the art references up! The site is beautiful, I need to get my hiney registered already.

retrokat

minrice said:
what I am enjoying most are the textures and colors. The silks, the furs, the patterns, the materials! They just pop and the deck, it is so luscious.

lol, you noticed. I am a total vintage fabric hussy. I have a 1930's silk velvet cape that feels amazing. I never wear it as it's so easily damaged, but I love to have a fondle every now and then :p

minrice

Yes, I totally did! The fabrics are beautiful. *strokes the TT*

All Is One

Minrice is right on. The whole deck is so full of texture. The first time I saw the deck was on the website and the background of the website is the same as the backs of the cards and I was sold from the first.

I'm going to grab my deck from the dining room table, and then I'm going to see what you said about the Moon, Minrice!

Seeking1

Spot the Difference - Four of Wands

You added a cat Kat!! Well done!

Seeking1

Spot the Difference - Five of Cups

The book is gone and now you added a towel to wipe up the spill!

retrokat

Seeking1 said:
The book is gone and now you added a towel to wipe up the spill!

5ofCu - I was thinking a hanky to cry into but I like your positive spin better :D