Touchstone Tarot by Kat Black

la-luna

I've just pre-ordered 2 decks
the long waiting re-begins :D

minrice

Kissa said:
I am used to the sturdy cardstock of the Golden Tarot, the real one, by Kat Black also, and i got afraid i would damage the superb Touchstone which looks thinner. I don't poker shuffle but still... Should i just wait for the other edition to come out? Any comment?

I poker riffle all of my decks, and the Touchstone is no exception. However, I am gentle about it as the cards aren't stiff. So far it seems just fine, and it shuffles quite nicely because the cards are thinner.

Templar Girl

Thanx Touchstone

I read for the guests at a charity fund-raiser in London this past weekend. The first time I have ever read for the paying public (all proceeds went to the charity) and at the last minute decided on the Touchstone. Despite my nerves it read like a dream, the readings just flowed and the deck ended up as my sole deck of the evening. Feedback was very positve regarding both the sense of comfort the guests felt with the Touchstone and my readings. So, way to go Touchstone & Kat, :heart: the deck was an absolute star and turned what was 9 of Swords moment pre-event into the 9 of Cups @ the end of the day.

Queen of Pentacle

did'nt give a try

I have the Touchtone for months, and did not really give it a try.
Fonded it beautifull, but "silent".

With so many good insighst, I will certainlay use it tonight

Thanks all for being there.

retrokat

Templar Girl said:
I read for the guests at a charity fund-raiser in London this past weekend. The first time I have ever read for the paying public (all proceeds went to the charity) and at the last minute decided on the Touchstone. Despite my nerves it read like a dream, the readings just flowed and the deck ended up as my sole deck of the evening. Feedback was very positve regarding both the sense of comfort the guests felt with the Touchstone and my readings. So, way to go Touchstone & Kat, :heart: the deck was an absolute star and turned what was 9 of Swords moment pre-event into the 9 of Cups @ the end of the day.

Thanks so much TG! That's so wonderful to hear, as that's exactly what I wanted with Touchstone - for it to feel like a bunch of supportive friends. Happy happy Kat! And congrats on breaking the ice - hopefully now you'll feel ready to 'do it again! do it again!'.

retrokat

Kissa said:
I am used to the sturdy cardstock of the Golden Tarot, the real one, by Kat Black also, and i got afraid i would damage the superb Touchstone which looks thinner. I don't poker shuffle but still... Should i just wait for the other edition to come out? Any comment?
K
There's an amusing negative reference of Golden on Amazon from shortly after it came out, saying that only a 'masochist' would want to use Golden as the card stock was too thick, and they predicted it would quickly go out of print as it was impossible to riffle-shuffle.

Touchstone LE is closer to 'normal' card stock, but there's no need to worry about damaging the card stock I think. As it's a very unusual printing surface, I was a bit worried that it might chip or scratch during use, but my own copy still looks fine. When the Kunati edition comes out, I will probably put away my LE with my other 'collection' decks and use the Kunati one - simply because the LE isn't replaceable though, not because it's particularly fragile.

Queen of Pentacle

Kunati

Is the kunati going to be like the Golden or just like a reguler card-stock...
And wiil it have the gilddedges like the Golden Tarot ?
This is such a splurge!

Thanks for the info

Queen of Pentacle

Queen of Pentacle said:
And wiil it have the gilded dges like the Golden Tarot ?
This is such a splurge!

Thanks for the info

retrokat

Queen of Pentacle said:
And wiil it have the gilddedges like the Golden Tarot ?

I assume the card stock will be similar to Quantum, since that's the other Kunati deck, and yes it will have gold gilt edges (the Quantum has gorgeous silver edges).

Kissa

retrokat said:
When the Kunati edition comes out, I will probably put away my LE with my other 'collection' decks and use the Kunati one - simply because the LE isn't replaceable though, not because it's particularly fragile.

Thx so much for the info, Kat! My copy is number 447 i think... It is at home and i am at work but i think it is the right number.

Will give it a try tonight. As i am very impressed with the faces and expressions of the characters on the cards, i thought i'd try to invent a little dialog between the characters and me for each card. I loved that exercise we did in a tarot journalling online course with Corinne Kenner.

:)

K