Touchstone Tarot by Kat Black

retrokat

No, Kunati announced the release date after that post. As far as I know, all is on track for a May 2009 release.

Pagan X

I'm having a curious phenomenon (best word I can think of) occuring with my three-card spreads using Touchstone. The amount of time they cover is very short: no more than three days! Just, "Oh, that all happened already this weekend. That was quick"

Not vague either.

Is this happening to anybody else?

Richard Pickman

retrokat said:
No, Kunati announced the release date after that post. As far as I know, all is on track for a May 2009 release.

Thanks, Kat. That's very cool as I had just placed a pre-order at Amazon. Really looking forward to this deck!

BTW, I am a huge fan of the Golden. It is one of a small number of decks that I read with, and the box is so beautiful that it sits on a shelf right above my computer, positioned with the Queen of Wands facing out.

It may interest you to know that I worked as an illustrator for twenty years, and am now in my eighth year as a high school art teacher. I know good art when I see it, and your work is absolutely first-rate.

Best--

Richard

Troubadour

Hi -- Kunati Publisher here! Yes, the formal release date for Touchstone (complete with gilt and hinged box/book) is May 09, although the cards, book and box are off the press — and GORGEOUS! Typically what happens here is that we ship to the reviewers and retailers far in advance of the release date. Often our titles are shipping from retailers 4-6 weeks early, at least in North America (although we're making every effort to coordinate releases in other countries at the same time).

This is truly a stunning deck. The quality of the print job is absolutely amazing. I'm framing my uncut press sheet on the wall behind my "walking desk" (a hand-built treadmill desk, where I spend 8 hours a day walking and working.)

Magnificent work Kat! Best, Derek Armstrong, Publisher, Kunati

ArwenNightstar

Troubadour said:
Hi -- Kunati Publisher here! Yes, the formal release date for Touchstone (complete with gilt and hinged box/book) is May 09, although the cards, book and box are off the press — and GORGEOUS! Typically what happens here is that we ship to the reviewers and retailers far in advance of the release date. Often our titles are shipping from retailers 4-6 weeks early, at least in North America (although we're making every effort to coordinate releases in other countries at the same time).

This is truly a stunning deck. The quality of the print job is absolutely amazing. I'm framing my uncut press sheet on the wall behind my "walking desk" (a hand-built treadmill desk, where I spend 8 hours a day walking and working.)

Magnificent work Kat! Best, Derek Armstrong, Publisher, Kunati

If your delivery of the Touchstone is anything remotely as fabulous as what you did with the Quantum, count me in. I'm enthusiastically waiting to see Touchstone from Kunati.

Lutestring

Can anyone tell me what the retail price will be in Australia for Touchstone? Kat? Troubadour?

retrokat

My guess is that will be set closer to the release date, depending on the exchange rate - since that's changed nearly 40% in the past couple of months! Hopefully the Aussie dollar will settle again so Kunati can set an Aussie RRP.

Lutestring

Thanks Kat. I'm resisting the urge to preorder from Amazon, due to the horrible exchange rate. Fingers crossed for a recovery of the Aussie dollar.

retrokat

The discounted Amazon rate is probably better than it will ever be in AU. Golden's RRP in Australia is AU$60. You can get it on Amazon for US$17 or so, and $12 shipping - so cheaper from US, even with the terrible exchange rate!

Fact is, if it's published in the US, the exchange rate has to be factored in whether you buy locally or from US. And you'll get a better deal from US as there's more competition between retailers. Hence, very few retailers in AU even carry Golden.