Touchstone Tarot by Kat Black

HearthCricket

I'm waiting for my Kunati editions of the Touchstone in the mail. I am really excited about them, the gilded edges, cardstock, packaging and the book, etc. But I love my LE copies, as Kat knows! I have small hands and they work nicely for me. There is an interesting texture to the cards that look and feel almost like an original painting and give it that personal touch. Plus I wear my agate necklaces all the time! Until I have the Kunati edition in my hands, which looks beautiful, I cannot tell you which I prefer, but my LE versions are beloved by me! I am honoured that I will own both. :)

Queen of Pentacle

you pim box seem to be full.

Kat,
I sure did not want to offend you. I really appreciate all the effort made in the LE edition... But I wanted to point out that the Kunati seems to have all the caracteristic i loved so in my golden tarot and dreamed to found back in the Touchtone. (size, gilt edges, box, ans so). Sure, I'll go for a Kunati.

Meanwhile, if ever, some day, you are short of a LE, I'll send you mine. Sure it is open (who could have resist), with yous lovely mother's bag and goodies... except for the pendant which strangely disappears the day I opened the box. The deck is sure magical.

But don't fell you have to take it back. This is a grand deck, this was my impulse, and I am very fine (indeed, very fine) with that.

Thank you for being such a wonderful personn, such a creative member of the tarot world, and most of all fort being yourself

Marie-Helene
(Queen of pentacle)

enchanted spirit

Well, everyone else is getting their Kunati Touchstone and mine hasn't shown up yet! Ah, it should arrive tomorrow! Well, I have the LE and I ordered the Kunati cause I want the LWB! I am very curious to see it, but then again if it's larger I imagine I'll cherish my LE even more. That deck feels amazing in my hands! Sigh. But we shall see how the 2 compare tomorrow!

Cerulean

I had been using the pocket limited edition with the Golden Tarot book

because I saw a similarity in the card contents and theme elements described in the Golden and the cards designed in the Touchstone.

My larger Kunati edition came...the larger size seems to me to be impressive. My beloved Ace of Swords showed the 'Lady (angel) with the Tiger' that I thought would be a radiant Queen of Swords. Just my taste, I see beautifully radiant queens in this deck, so the way the woman with the upraised sword and her tiger looks to me...and the beautiful 'tiger swallowtail' butterfly...I like the large edition, gorgeous!

I think fondly of the pocket size as a portable treat.

Cerulean

Madame Squee

Super job, Kat! :thumbsup:

I love both my LE and my Kunati deck.

Personally, I think there's more quality in the printing of the LE, and I certainly wouldn't give up your Mum's bag for all the tea in China.

However, the Kunati is bigger (which I prefer), has gilt edges, and a sturdy box, and I love your book.

So, I guess it's six of one, half a dozen of the other... except that the LE's sold out! So, I'll be ordering another Kunati for my stash. :D

:heart:
Q:spade:

enchanted spirit

I got it!!!

And . . . I want to trim it! LOL

Not because of the borders, I love the wood frame, but because of the size. I'd be a bit sad to lose the gilt edges, but I could live without that. I would be more upset that it wouldn't be the perfect size for that perfect little box. Every deck should come with one of those. It is the coolest thing since sliced bread! The book is just too lovely as well.

Well, it'll be a while before I had time to trim it anyway, so I'm going to think on it a bit. It's gorgeous, but seriously, I like the LE better. Thank goodness I got one.

retrokat

enchanted spirit said:
I want to trim it! .....Not because of the borders, I love the wood frame, but because of the size. I'd be a bit sad to lose the gilt edges, but I could live without that.

I've asked Kunati if further down the track they might consider doing a 'pocket' version (since the LE has sold out, and I knew a lot of people liked that for the small size) and they said they'd certainly consider it, once/if their Deluxe version is a good seller. Of course that could be years down the track, so don't hold your breath, but great that they were willing to consider expanding the range. May have to wait until this recession is over though!

I don't think it's worth trimming the gilt-edged one for size reasons - wouldn't make it that much smaller, the borders aren't very wide and it would still be a fairly big deck - but without the pretty gold bits :p

HearthCricket

retrokat said:
I've asked Kunati if further down the track they might consider doing a 'pocket' version (since the LE has sold out, and I knew a lot of people liked that for the small size) and they said they'd certainly consider it, once/if their Deluxe version is a good seller. Of course that could be years down the track, so don't hold your breath, but great that they were willing to consider expanding the range. May have to wait until this recession is over though!

I don't think it's worth trimming the gilt-edged one for size reasons - wouldn't make it that much smaller, the borders aren't very wide and it would still be a fairly big deck - but without the pretty gold bits :p

:::::thud:::::::

Imagining a pocket Touchstone with gilded edges!! :heart: Heaven in a pocket! :D

retrokat

Cerulean said:
My beloved Ace of Swords showed the 'Lady (angel) with the Tiger'

I thought you might like to see where that beautiful tiger came from:

http://www.wga.hu/framex-e.html?file=html/r/rubens/30allego/03allego.html&find=continents

In the original, she's snarling like that to protect her cubs - isn't it a stunning painting?

Funnily enough, the same person who was complaining about the quality of the LE version next posted that the Kunati version LWB was so disappointing because it was full of 'padding' - ie the art references that no-one would be interested in. And that Kunati should have got an author to write the book instead, with more information about the cards. ROFL! Clearly they didn't get that the original artists are key to my work. The real talent shown in both Golden and Touchstone was the work of artists hundreds of years ago.

Cerulean

...The Real Talent...Composition is A++

The Original Talent is beautiful, I love the Tiger!

Of course, I'm pretty keen on the Compositer who edited and selected the cast of our '78 Friends' (I really enjoyed that note on the box)--now I've got 78 new friends to relate to in a reading!

The Ace of Swords is 'my favorite' card today....maybe even my 'twin sister soul'...she could be the Sister Moon to my Brother Son "Soul Card" of the Hermit, which is a very nicely selected St. Francis of Assisi...

Thanks and hope you are all enjoying the release of this beautiful edition.

Cerulean