Touchstone Tarot by Kat Black

Madame Squee

I forgot to mention how much I love the tactile sensation of handling the Kunati cards. They're smooth as silk, whispering across the fingertips, warm and swell with a hard gold edge, easy shuffling... mmmmm! :love:

Quester

Ordered mine from Tarot Garden. They are waiting for them to come in. I can't wait to get my hands on them! :D

Promise

For now, I am not ordering the Kunati edition.

At some point, I may get it just for the book, but I imagine I'll pass the deck itself along to someone who perhaps can't afford it for themselves. The LE Touchstone is very dear to me and close to my heart, and for me it's special enough with gilt edging or fancy packaging. I love the size of the LE and how well it shuffles, and the lack of shiny lamination makes the cast of 78 friends seem more lifelike and conversational.

I wear my talisman as a necklace every day and have had many compliments on both the elegance and simplicity of it, and I still need to buy more of the Divination Blend incense, which has become part of my ritual for using the Touchstone. And I really cannot say enough about the bag; not only is it just gorgeous, but there's something so very special that comes with knowing that Kat's mum made them by hand with love!

I do hope that everyone is enjoying their decks, no matter which edition you are using!

morticia monroe

I ordered from Amazon last night. I'm really really excited about it.

Asher

Wondering...

For those of you who have received the Kunati edition, a question...in the scans of the cards on Amazon, it shows the title of the deck in the top border of the card. Is the title really on every card??? As unpicky as I usually am, this might be a deal breaker for me. I love my LE just as it is.

Please tell me it's not so!

Asher

Le Fanu

Why is there no sign of it at amazon uk yet? Im just dying to "add to shopping basket"!!!

flying black kat

Asher:

I don't know about anyone else, but neither of my decks has the name Touchstone Tarot on the top. If I am not mistaken the pictures are from Kat herself. Beautiful deck.

Be at Peace.

Kathy

retrokat

They're not scans on Amazon, they're digital files from the website and they're branded so that if people copy them it will say what deck. Ditto with Golden. Since people keep grabbing the digital images and putting them on websites instead of linking to them or scanning their own copy :p

If someone wants to take some 'customer photos' and add them to Amazon, that would be great (eg that would show they're not really watermarked in real life). Happylandworld took a great pic of Golden in use to counter someone's complaint that the colours were bland - thanks Happylandworld, whoever you are!

I can't upload good quality unbranded images for copyright reasons. Some of you know what happened with Golden v1.0. The pirates de-branded them before printing, but as they did that it proved they knew where the images were from. If I allow high quality unbranded scans to be online, in a legal case it would make it harder to prove that I adequately assert my rights.

Hope that explains it! If it loses a few sales, it's worth it to protect my decks from piracy. The "scans" (ie digital files with branding) of Golden have been on Amazon for years. I probably should take off "draft version" there though, oops!

retrokat

I've just gone and added some actual scans to both Golden and Touchstone on Amazon. I figured if I put horrible watermarking right across the card instead of just in the border, people are more likely to realise it's not really on the cards. Let's hope the publishers don't complain - although I doubt they will mind with such obvious watermarking. I'm leaving the more subtle border-mark on my websites though, I much prefer people to be able to see the image properly.

Asher

Thanks, kat!

retrokat said:
They're not scans on Amazon, they're digital files from the website and they're branded so that if people copy them it will say what deck...I can't upload good quality unbranded images for copyright reasons... If it loses a few sales, it's worth it to protect my decks from piracy.

Thank you for this, kat! For some reason, I did not think of a watermark...duh! I understand completely why it's there, yet I am thrilled that it won't be there on the cards! I just ordered 2 sets!

Looking forward to having this edition very much.

Asher