Touchstone Tarot by Kat Black

retrokat

lol, that looks great HC! They look very conversational all massed together like that :D

HearthCricket

retrokat said:
lol, that looks great HC! They look very conversational all massed together like that :D

Yep...they are definitely chatting it up and have loads to say! lol :party:

I have been reading the book, this morning and just peeking at the cards, while they look demurely, or seductively, or secretively, at me! It is sort of like 78 Mona Lisa's staring back at you!

faunabay

retrokat said:
I chose that portrait for Knight of Swords because he felt like the guy you fall for even though you just KNOW he's going to break your heart. I'm glad you liked him too, he has that dark, intense look that sends me a bit weak-at-the-knees :)

http://www.78friends.com/Knight_of_Swords
Oh me too!!! (big sigh) I thought it was just me! There's just something about him....... })

morticia monroe

I got mine!! Yay! The MM edition is finally here!

Kat one of the things I love about it is that it's different in many ways from the LE, which makes my LE even more precious to me.

Gold, gold, GOLD! I LOVE gilded edges,,,it makes a deck look so much richer,,,

The cards ARE large! Personally, I love it! I've always been a fan of larger cards, my hands are average sized and I manage one way or another,,,I've found that when I read for people, most of them prefer a larger deck. They like to see the pictures... And for study, you can't beat them. The colors are also a bit more muted than the LE, but still beautiful. It will certainly be easier for my aging eyes to find the details here....

THRILLED to see that the backs are the same.

The box is FANTASTIC!!! THIS is the way to package a tarot deck, folks! Sturdy and beautiful, the box has a hinged lid that opens like a book, and there's no reason to have to create a bag for this one...(thank GOODNESS!! I really get tired of making bags) This and the Golden, also by Kat of course, get the highest grades from me as far as deck presentation. The boxes can't be beat.

I had a ball going through the cards and comparing them with the LE, looking for changes,,,,

I DIED laughing when I saw Katherine Howards eyes on the three of swords.

I'm so glad to have these three lovely decks. By three, I mean the LE Touchstone, the MM Touchstone, and the Golden.

Kat I am a Kat Black groupie, and when and if you ever create another, I'll be lined up with money in hand,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Bravo, and thank you for the labor of love you took on in creating this deck. I'll never let it out of my collection, and it WILL be used and cherished.

Kissa

Brighter?

hmmmm.... the LE Touchstone arrived in my life at a time i couldn't really focus on tarot so i let it sleep in a drawer. I also have quite lousy "intimate" lighting in my bedroom wher i play with my cards and somehow i got disappointed as the pictures were dark and i couldn't see the details very well... is the MM edition different?
i mean if it had been on my tv screen, i would have added some light by pressing on the bfightness button of the remove control, and that's what i wanted to do with my LE cards...

on the other hand someone wrote here that the LE cards look like real paintings and in real paintings, with time, the colours tend to darken...

in clear, i just would like someone who own both versions to give me their point of view on the brightness issue...

Tibor

Hey Kat,

I got the limited edition one and although I like the presentation (cards in the bag) but in terms of the collage I still feel that it cant beat your now classic masterpiece The Golden Tarot but this is just my opinion. Or maybe I just been soo used to the Golden Tarot that I cant yet see the greatness in the Touchstone Tarot.

retrokat

Ah well, Tibor, each to their own. I feel Golden is a fairly aloof and distant deck, whereas Touchstone is a lot more frank and intimate. Thanks for your kind words about Golden though :)

Kissa - yes, we lightened the images for the Kunati edition. In daylight, the LE is fine - but it does appear dark in dimly-lit rooms. Take it outside and you'll see what I mean - the deep colours are rich and dark, the light bits (mostly faces) are not dark at all. But given feedback that many people were using it in dimly-lit rooms we digitally lightened the Kunati version a couple of notches. The colours aren't therefore as rich and vibrant, but it's a lot easier to see card details. The best way of course is to have the images backlit - this deck was always intended for digital delivery and the iPhone version will be out very soon.

As I've said before, I'm happy to do exchanges, as long as I don't get too flooded as I can't afford to replace 500 copies. The LE has sold out and I'd like to keep some of the sets.

Mellifluous

Who is the woman on the bottom right corner of the home page of the site (78friends.com)? Or, what is the name of the painting? I saw in the FAQ who the woman on the top of the page is, but I'm curious about the other one.

Thanks!

retrokat

Mellifluous said:
Who is the woman on the bottom right corner of the home page of the site (78friends.com)? Or, what is the name of the painting? I saw in the FAQ who the woman on the top of the page is, but I'm curious about the other one.

Thanks!

Isn't she gorgeous? She's from a little bit later than the portraits used in Touchstone, hence her hair and clothing is a little different. Her name was Maria Mancini and the artist was Jacob Voet. You can see the original portrait at http://www.wga.hu/frames-e.html?/html/v/voet/mancini1.html

Kissa

retrokat said:
Kissa - yes, we lightened the images for the Kunati edition. In daylight, the LE is fine - but it does appear dark in dimly-lit rooms. Take it outside and you'll see what I mean - the deep colours are rich and dark, the light bits (mostly faces) are not dark at all. But given feedback that many people were using it in dimly-lit rooms we digitally lightened the Kunati version a couple of notches. The colours aren't therefore as rich and vibrant, but it's a lot easier to see card details. The best way of course is to have the images backlit - this deck was always intended for digital delivery and the iPhone version will be out very soon.

As I've said before, I'm happy to do exchanges, as long as I don't get too flooded as I can't afford to replace 500 copies. The LE has sold out and I'd like to keep some of the sets.

Thx Kat for the answer :)

But there is no way i'd part with my Touchstone, i was only asking about the brightness to now whether i need to order the MM or not. And well hmmm... from yr answer i think it is quite obvious i need it, right? ;-)
As for the Touchstone LE, i just put it apart for some time but i was going to give it a serious try in the summer. After all, i got so amazed by the images on yr website and the pics resonate very deep in me.

Take care, Kat :)

kissa