Touchstone Tarot by Kat Black

retrokat

Le Fanu said:
Is this the very same Maria Mancini who was first love of Louis XIV? Her own uncle (Cardinal Mazarin) advised Louis XIV not to marry her because she was of such a lowly rank compared to him. She unhappily had to give him up.

Sure looks like the same girl:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marie_Mancini

If I ever do a Rococo era deck, perhaps I could make her a Queen finally :)

Dusk Till Dawn

Miss Divine said:
I received my copy of the Touchstone MM yesterday.
I think they are just gorgeous!! The packaging is just excellent too.

My only complaint is though that all of the backs of my cards are printed in a different shade of brown.

Is this normal?
Anybody else have this?
It bothers me to. It's almost to the point making me dizzy, when keeping looking at the reds and browns...

retrokat

Seeker*13* said:
It bothers me to. It's almost to the point making me dizzy, when keeping looking at the reds and browns...

Definitely get in touch with Kunati if it bothers you - I have to say I haven't noticed it myself, but then I just shuffle the cards, cut and deal - I don't really look at the backs much.

HearthCricket

While shuffling I noticed mine had several shades of browns mixed in, but it didn't bother me too much. I would have preferred it to all be the same, but since there is a busy pattern on it I don't find it as noticable as the various browns on the much plainer backs of the Druidcraft. What did bother me some is that some of the backs of the cards are smooth while others are scratchier, so there are two very different textures to the cards. It is about 50/50 throughout the decks. I am guessing that will simply change with use, anyhow. But it didn't prevent me from buying 3 copies! Loving the deck, and perfect timing. Season 3 of The Tudors begins on April 5th. :D

Miss Divine

HearthCricket said:
While shuffling I noticed mine had several shades of browns mixed in, but it didn't bother me too much. I would have preferred it to all be the same, but since there is a busy pattern on it I don't find it as noticable as the various browns on the much plainer backs of the Druidcraft. What did bother me some is that some of the backs of the cards are smooth while others are scratchier, so there are two very different textures to the cards. It is about 50/50 throughout the decks. I am guessing that will simply change with use, anyhow. But it didn't prevent me from buying 3 copies! Loving the deck, and perfect timing. Season 3 of The Tudors begins on April 5th. :D

Yes I have smoothies and scratchies too LOL.
I think maybe all the Touchstone MM have this (the different shades etc.)

I also have different shades on the backs of my BBC tarot and Tarot of Prague.

Miss Divine

Well I sent an email to Kunati today. Because it's not a slight difference of brown, but from light to dark.
It keeps bothering me:(

minrice

Mine came today, it is absolutely beautiful Kat! I love the little changes made to the MM edition, it was worth waiting for!

Essjay

When, oh when, is Amazon.co.uk going to get their stock in? At the moment it says delivery in 1 - 4 weeks which means they're not sure I'm guessing.

Le Fanu

Essjay said:
When, oh when, is Amazon.co.uk going to get their stock in? At the moment it says delivery in 1 - 4 weeks which means they're not sure I'm guessing.

I was mid-way through writing and posting exactly the same Essjay when I got interrupted at work!

Yes - when oh when are they going to get it in? - It has been a 4 week delivery estimate for too long now. Surely they can get hold of some...

And they don´t have Dame Fortune either...

I mean I really shouldn´t be spending any more on tarot considering recent expenses, but the time will come up when I can buy more decks })

All Is One

I got three of them from Amazon when they first came out but they had to fill their pre-orders first. I already gave two away, so I hope they get more in as soon as possible. Now that I know they run out like this I'm going back to place more on hold.

The Legacy of the Divine is available for pre-order as well.