The Process: Beginnings

peridot

Hey, Umbrae - Won't you publish a book??? please??? :)

satinangel

peridot said:
Hey, Umbrae - Won't you publish a book??? please??? :)

I, Second! What an amazing read this was...thank you for bumping this post! I don't think I would have found it otherwise! Well worth the time to read!!!

My spiral journal is right here next to me!

calligirl

I loved this...thank you for cutting through a lot of BS! Just get busy doing it. Wonderful advice for a hesitant newbie like myself.

"Are you going to sing the reading?" Perfect answer! I have been so uncomfortable because I just couldn't get into purifying, putting the cards in order, using a white cloth, etc., all the things we're 'supposed to do first' to begin reading.

KISS, I'll hereby swear to keep it sweet and simple from now on...but please continue...sorry to interrupt...

Phoenix Rising

Cool Umbrae..."You da man bro":laugh:

Now I wish you had of started this back a year ago! So what's next bro?

Enchanted

Thank you to who ever 'revived' this thread! Umbrae you are a fabulous writer, it has a very sardonic quality to it, which I love. If you are not a writer then you should be!

The style reminds me of a Humphrey Bogart film, either "The Big Sleep' or 'The Maltese Falcon' where Bogart is the narrator also. Very surreal moment there...Bogie talking tarot. :)

Truly though, it should be a mandatory read for any newbie! Is there more?

Skydancer

Umbrae -

Finding these chapters while browsing is one of the main reasons I decided to come back to AT this past Autumn; I wanted to be around for updates!!

Your writing style is quite refreshing, and you do make me laugh! :)

Good luck with the book, and hopefully you'll add a chapter or two to the Process here as you go along. We'll all be waiting with baited breath!!

Ann S:OL

Enchanted

Thanks for the link to the other instalments Umbrae, eagerly devouring them! One problem though you make me want to drink copious amounts of coffee. :laugh:

I guess the most important thing I have taken with me, is that it is okay to not always understand the messages I recieve (I only really read for myself, still too new) and thanks for giving them a name 'flashes'. Previously referred to as "well that was weird". Recently I have started to note them down in my journal too, so I suppose that is giving them a kind of voice, or at least an acknowledgement and have noticed an improvement in my readings.

You should consider the book idea, even as a work of fiction perhaps. Still getting a film noir kinda vibe. :) You do what every good writer should do make the reader, laugh, cry, the heart swell and perhaps most importantly educate. Thanks for the lesson! Eagerly awaiting more!

Elektra

Karenwhe said:
Why not use the computer for journaling.........??????????

My LIFE is in the computer (and yes, I backup everything every day).

Anyway, I don't think I could hand write anymore even if my life depended on it......

You know, although I disagree with Umbrae in that I think that some LWBs are fantastic (don't hurt me!), I do agree with writing in a spiral notebook rather than journaling on the computer - for me anyway. Like you, my whole life is on the computer, and I like having my readings and studies on the computer so I can run term searches, etc.

But I tried it both ways (journaling by hand and by typing), and it's amazing how much more I get out of my readings when I'm actually writing my interpretations by hand. It's like automatic writing or something - it just takes off and keeps going. I'm nowhere near as good on the computer. So I do my initial journaling by hand and then transfer it all onto the computer. Works for me! :)