Death followed by 10 of Swords

Eddie

Bunnles said:
I never know when to view court cards as people or the characteristics of the King/Knight/Queen etc ... The Kinght/King could represent a person to steer clear of in this case, or being hasty and applying too much pressure to a situation. I suppose if I was reading for another person it would be a good idea to give them both interps ... or did I read somewhere that Kings and Queens mean actual people?

For me court cards are always people and peoples characteristics. Exept Knights. Knights are about actions and I rarely view them as people, but thats just me.
I noticed that I must have read your k as a king when ofcourse you had a knight, this confused me. sorry, there clearly isn't a king in your spread.
This knight is an indication of the changes afoot with this situation, and I would deffinately take heed with regards to leaving no stone unturned and taking care of every detail to avoid major dissappointments and heartache with this.
Eddie

Bunnles

Oh yes .. ah confusion
with the Thoth deck the Princes are Knights and the Knights are Kings (when compared to other decks).

So you read that correctly : )

Artemis8

10oS + Death + Knight of Wands

Ten of Swords represents a betrayal, or situational death, or"bad as it gets". Knight of Wands can be verb meaning "action" (what action is indicated by context), a persona of relevance to the situation, or a person. Death is of course an end.

I would read this as "betrayal, situational death" ahead, so end it (Death) or, "it will end", with the Knight of Wands meaning either "fast", or indicating a possible untrustworthy player in the mix (like a heartbreaker out for a fling).

In any case this is a big beware sequence.

Good luck, hope it turned out ok.

snowmoon

I was really troubled by this pairing as an alternate outcome of a reading.

I was using the Thoth deck and the 15 card spread (from the little white Thoth book) about money/career. The rest of the reading was really positive as was the outcome. A lot of disks - the ace the nine the ten ... it indicated things were moving in a good direction naturally.

Then in the "alternate outcome" (13, 9 5) I pulled:

10 of Swords (13), Death (9), Knight of Wands (5)

This combination startled me so much I forgot to note the rest of the spread.
I thought I read somewhere that Death does not usually mean a physical death but it can when followed by the 10 of swords.

So I was wondering if it was perhaps a warning to be careful of (K of W) a person? Moving too fast, rushing or some situation represented by the Knight that could bring physical danger or Death?

king of wands could be person or events, with the death and 10 swords, i see it as a new cycle, wands could saying things about your job, things that you are working on, etc.

headincloud

10S + Death + Knight of Wands

This to me is the end of a situation around money or a rut with cash and movement away from trouble with the knight. A difficult situation that is coming to it's outer limits.