I have a stalker card! *7 of Swords*

Maru

This may seem like a strange connection to make, but I sometimes see 7S as signifying someone is looking for "a way out".

I had this thought when you mentioned you going straight to Tarot post-sex. This is just me, but I don't really read other people in my life until I get a tingle. Unless there's an obvious red flag or the paranoia is keeping me up at night (i.e. may be a block I need to break through in my own life), then I don't feed into these idle thoughts. I always read from n inward aspect, focusing on the accuracy of my intuition rather than just aspects of a reading, so Tarot helps me to separate my feelings from the matter, so it helps to keep me balanced. If you don't feel your own intuition/gut is trustworthy sans cards... then that may be hinting that you're maybe relying too much on the cards to excuse a fear or set of behaviors, so that you can continue living your life as "friction free" as possible... Tarot should help to increase your awareness, not create more fear and friction. That would be a sign you may need to reframe how you read the cards so that it can assist in healthy development of your intuition, instead of fear-based intuitive thinking. Which often is blocked, muddier, harder to confirm readings imo.

Often stalker cards are hinting at patterns, so if we look at 7S as a "pattern" and not focus on just a single behavior, it may be easier to discover it's true meaning. It can be your inclination to want to do it on your own... that is, you're not really looking at Tarot as a lens to provide insight, you're looking at it as a way to support your current chosen way of life. Could be a tendency to "go it alone" versus having to deal with the difficulties of long-term/friction filled relationships. Could also be hinting at your tendency to "keep a weapon" at your side should someone cross you. That is, you're secretly keeping your shadow side at the ready, just in case you may need to be a little bit more ruthless in order to achieve your goals... so could be with relationships, but if it's chasing you, it could be hinting that this cautious nature--once embedded with good intentions--is now slowly taking over your life and controlling more of your decision-making. I think that this aspect is more than self-sabotage... it is hinting at a courage problem if this ill-dignified. That you're relying more on this aspect than you'd like, maybe because you're allowing situations to make you more jaded than you'd initially had liked... so 7S could be your shadow self not having proper reins and it is slowly shaping your life for you, without your knowledge. Almost like going off path slightly, but not as bad as some other cards.

May be too that you're choosing the wrong person (subconsciously) over and over, as a method to continue to fulfill this self-prophecy... that you will never meet your own standard in terms of your selection of good people--your ability to see the best aspects of people... almost a nihilistic/sarcastic/permanently cynical perspective in life <-- this is how I see 7S ill dignified btw

Cards may be are just reflecting back "Um, 7S!...7S! If you don't know 100% what I'm saying, maybe make no rash decisions here!..."... meanwhile, the 7S is ruling over you more than you'd like. Would be my intuition.

I think you might be right. The last time I drew this card concerning a guy I got the 5 of pentacles as a clarifying card. Long story short, I threw this guy out of my bed and house at 3am after we had sex. I remember thinking as I lay in my bed afterwards "he walked out in the snow like the two people on the card".

SilverFirePrime

Might I suggest a different deck? If this is the same deck you've been using for relationship advice, perhaps it has just picked up on your bad experiences and fears so much that it cannot help but to reflect them back - even when they fly in the face of what facts are at hand.

GlamGemini

I'm just a beginner and decided to ask my Mythic Tarot deck what kind of deck it was. So i gave it a good shuffle and out came the 7 of swords! So another day i asked it again, yep same card. Even got someone else to ask it, same card!

I really wasn't sure what to make of it since i'm really new to all this. I think I drew from it that it means if i really want to learn that deck, I really have to apply myself mentally? The card does seem to pop up all the time for me though.

nisaba

No, I'm not doing the reading for them but about them.

So what I said about "them" is about "you", as you are the client. You shouldn't be folding up your cards and disregarding the message that you need to be careful - you need to pay attention and be careful. Don't be like a blind person refusing to take their guide-dog or white cane with them when they leave the house in case the dog or white cane warns them of danger. :)

For example, "what are his intentions" or "what is the likely outcome of this situation?" Or "what do I need to know about this situation?" As soon as the 7 of swords appears I don't see that guy ever again. I cut him off immediately.

That's probably safest, but unadventurous. I ignored exactly that warning from the same card once, and I spend years of misery paying for it. :)

In a nutshell.
Me: Tell me what I need to know about this guy?
Tarot: He's an Asshole, run.

Thing is they cannot all be out to scheme. That's statistically impossible.

Predators have terrific intuition when it comes to picking victims. They never tend to pick people who confront them and storm out, they always tend to pick people with good hearts who are prepared to give them a second, third and twentieth chance. Perhaps you have a huge sign in your aura, saying "I'll forgive you and go back to you over and over", I dunno, I haven't met you. That *would* make you attractive to predators.

CCTheGreat

Predators have terrific intuition when it comes to picking victims. They never tend to pick people who confront them and storm out, they always tend to pick people with good hearts who are prepared to give them a second, third and twentieth chance. Perhaps you have a huge sign in your aura, saying "I'll forgive you and go back to you over and over", I dunno, I haven't met you. That *would* make you attractive to predators.

This would make sense if I was someone who could be described as being 'forgiving' and 'soft'. My good opinion once lost is gone forever, I'm ashamed to admit that I do carry grudges for longer than I should. The art of letting go isn't my strong point.

Let me assure you that is the last thing anyone would think when they meet me. Many of my close friends inform me they thought I was hard/aloof/cold, hated them or was just a straight up b**** because I come across as no nonsense and straight to the point. Really I'm a passionate and fiercely loyal person but it takes me awhile to feel/ care about anyone. This is amplified a million times if I'm dating a guy. For example if I don't like the way a man talks to me, even in a joking manner I'll cut him off. I once stopped in the middle of giving my number to this guy because I didn't like the way he described me as 'exotic' and 'sassy'. This is probably why most of my encounters don't even mature into anything real. The only long lasting relationship I had was with someone I put up with partly to prove to myself that I could be a 'team player' and compromise. I can, I just think I'm very selective about who and why I would choose to do so. Ultimately we just weren't a good fit and had different life goals.

I doubt this card is about their intentions. I'm starting to think it's me. I've been known to just vanish, sneak off. Yeah... it's definitely me.

CCTheGreat

I'm just a beginner and decided to ask my Mythic Tarot deck what kind of deck it was. So i gave it a good shuffle and out came the 7 of swords! So another day i asked it again, yep same card. Even got someone else to ask it, same card!

I really wasn't sure what to make of it since i'm really new to all this. I think I drew from it that it means if i really want to learn that deck, I really have to apply myself mentally? The card does seem to pop up all the time for me though.

I'm no means an expert but what type of feeling do you get when you see it? Is it positive or kind of cautious?

CCTheGreat

First of all allow me to say that this response was so in depth that I had to take a few days to really think it over. I kept coming back to the forum and re-reading what you wrote, because to me this resonated so loudly with me I feel completely stripped of all pretenses. I felt naked.

If you don't feel your own intuition/gut is trustworthy sans cards... then that may be hinting that you're maybe relying too much on the cards to excuse a fear or set of behaviors, so that you can continue living your life as "friction free" as possible... Tarot should help to increase your awareness, not create more fear and friction. That would be a sign you may need to reframe how you read the cards so that it can assist in healthy development of your intuition, instead of fear-based intuitive thinking. Which often is blocked, muddier, harder to confirm readings imo.

That's what it is, removing all friction and in a way responsibility for my actions by relying on tarot the way I do. Now I didn't read tarot post sex but rather days before, I wanted to know what kind of person or situation I was dealing with and got the 7 of swords. I made up my mind then that seeing as it wasn't going to be fruitful (but if I'm honest my feelings were leaning this way already) I might as well take what I want, not very nicely either and then move on. It was only later that I lay in bed that I remembered the 5 of tentacles and thought he looked like two walking out in the cold.

It can be your inclination to want to do it on your own... that is, you're not really looking at Tarot as a lens to provide insight, you're looking at it as a way to support your current chosen way of life. Could be a tendency to "go it alone" versus having to deal with the difficulties of long-term/friction filled relationships.
Bingo! When I read this I actually covered my face. I've had a tendency to do with a lot of things in my life. Whether it's academia, creative work or even sports. Too hard, too emotional and a risk of getting hurt? Next.

Could also be hinting at your tendency to "keep a weapon" at your side should someone cross you. That is, you're secretly keeping your shadow side at the ready, just in case you may need to be a little bit more ruthless in order to achieve your goals... so could be with relationships, but if it's chasing you, it could be hinting that this cautious nature--once embedded with good intentions--is now slowly taking over your life and controlling more of your decision-making. I think that this aspect is more than self-sabotage... it is hinting at a courage problem if this ill-dignified. That you're relying more on this aspect than you'd like, maybe because you're allowing situations to make you more jaded than you'd initially had liked... so 7S could be your shadow self not having proper reins and it is slowly shaping your life for you, without your knowledge.

I cried when I read this because it's so true! I'm incredibly suspicious, over cautious to the point where I know I ruin things because it's safer and even though I'm sometimes sad about it, at least it's something I know. I sometimes tell my self that negative things will happen just to 'soften' the blow.

May be too that you're choosing the wrong person (subconsciously) over and over, as a method to continue to fulfill this self-prophecy... that you will never meet your own standard in terms of your selection of good people--your ability to see the best aspects of people... almost a nihilistic/sarcastic/permanently cynical perspective in life <-- this is how I see 7S ill dignified btw
I fear this. I don't think so, they're different. Especially the ones I actually like. But I can't help but think I'm incapable of making the right choices. Always one foot out the door, always an escape route.

"Um, 7S!...7S! If you don't know 100% what I'm saying, maybe make no rash decisions here!..."... meanwhile, the 7S is ruling over you more than you'd like. Would be my intuition.
I agree with this point most of all. I then pulled out this same deck to ask about a situation regarding someone I really have feelings for but can't be with at the present time due to distance... it's complicated and got this card randomly after never having it before. If I feel good, I get cards that sort of tell me what I already know or suspect to be true and it would then make sense that if I'm feeling rotten or like I've worked myself up the tarot would reflect this.

I instantly knew it was about me. I had gotten so up in my head with my over thinking, paranoia and black and white thinking that I had created the desire to give up and move on. It showed me the 7 again and I knew it was my own stuff. Especially when I start getting this card for general readings as well.

Thank you so much for all your help. You've really made me look at myself these past few days.

CCTheGreat

Might I suggest a different deck? If this is the same deck you've been using for relationship advice, perhaps it has just picked up on your bad experiences and fears so much that it cannot help but to reflect them back - even when they fly in the face of what facts are at hand.

Huh, interesting take. I did buy this RW deck when I was in a very low and frightened stage of my life. There was definitely and element of self loathing and blaming too. Tbh, I don't feel that friendly or happy with my RW deck as I do with my oracle cards. When I read the RW I'm filled with dread and with my Oracle cards I feel like I'm having a gentle conversation.

CCTheGreat

That sounds like a good interp to me too.

I usually say 7 of swords is denial. That you are denying your own feeling about something. That guy you threw out at 3 AM? Maybe you cared too much?
Oh I cared alright. About my ego yes. Not about him so much. As a poster noted further on, I have allowed myself to become more jaded and as such I sometimes find myself striking out preemptively or being numbed to the whole experience.

It may not be so bad, YOU think it could always be bad. But maybe you need to stop and consider what assumptions you are making (some good and--for you--many bad.) that are not necessarily true.

Don't panic when you see the 7 of swords--it can be telling you to cool off and think about what IS right now. Not "what if?"

barb

That's easier said than done. I just want to know! I know we're not meant to know everything but I don't want to waste my time/get hurt or being taken advantage of.

CCTheGreat

The problem, as you're beginning to realize, is that you're undermining your future happiness. Please, listen to your intuition that's telling you that something is odd. Something is odd. The 7S is trying to tell you that your trust issues are sabotaging your possibilities for a successful relationship. Don't let the miseries of the past destroy your future. Address your trust issues head-on.

I know, I finally see it now. It's just so difficult. Letting go.