6 of pentacles question...

Barleywine

Since I don't pay much attention to the narrative scenes on the minor cards, I see the 6 of Pentacles mainly as a card of "material success." It could simply mean that you are very fortunate to be centered in your home; I know a young couple that spend a few hundred dollars a week on daycare for two kids because they both have to work. I agree with Griz that the "giving" aspect is from you to your family. This could also offer you the opportunity - if you choose to (and are able to) make time for it - to work on different aspects of personal wisdom: pragmatic (Hermit) and visionary (Hanged Man).

Virgo26

My first thought on the 6 of Pentacles is that maybe you or your husband has forgotten to pay a bill. The Hanged Man and Hermit reflect your stay-at-home status. Being a mom, you're very busy giving and giving and giving (Hanged Man) and you're somewhat isolated from what the rest of the world is doing (Hermit).

These cards might also be indicating that you need to give some time to your own needs. Just for you and nobody else kind of thing where you aren't somebody's wife or somebody's mom, you're just you and can remember some of the interests you had outside of motherhood and wifedom. Give to yourself for a change instead of having to give to others. Husbands and babies are wonderful and we love them dearly, but our own needs get put on the back burner a lot and that can lead to burn out.

Just as an incidental thought, the 6 of Pentacles can even mean putting money in a parking meter. :)

Good one Grizabella! I think the other day my husband reminded me that I didn't pay my half of the health insurance, don't remember if the 6 was present that day but could have been.

In the case where the Hermit came up for instance I was asking what the 6 was trying to tell me. So maybe it's more of the giving time to yourself in that situation. Although when it comes up again I have these other connotations to attribute to it!

I did get the 6 of Pents and the World today as how the day will end and I interpret that as receiving someone from the airport/their travels (my brother in law is flying in lol)

Virgo26

Since I don't pay much attention to the narrative scenes on the minor cards, I see the 6 of Pentacles mainly as a card of "material success." It could simply mean that you are very fortunate to be centered in your home; I know a young couple that spend a few hundred dollars a week on daycare for two kids because they both have to work. I agree with Griz that the "giving" aspect is from you to your family. This could also offer you the opportunity - if you choose to (and are able to) make time for it - to work on different aspects of personal wisdom: pragmatic (Hermit) and visionary (Hanged Man).

Child care does eat a lot of your income, doesn't it... Interesting about not looking at the narrative scenes, I suppose you have you connotations for each one that you rely on then? Makes it easier not having to worry about having illustrated pips (though there seems to be fewer of those)

Barleywine

Child care does eat a lot of your income, doesn't it... Interesting about not looking at the narrative scenes, I suppose you have you connotations for each one that you rely on then? Makes it easier not having to worry about having illustrated pips (though there seems to be fewer of those)

I first learned on the Thoth deck with its "glorified pip" cards (very little pictorial story-telling content, and what there is you have to get creative with) and I used it exclusively from 1972 to 2011, when I bought my first RWS deck. I'm not convinced that all of the narrative scenes in the RWS adequately capture Waite's intentions as described in the Pictorial Key to the Tarot. That said, I do often use the RWS pictures for "facing" or directionality and don't totally ignore the ones that make narrative sense to me.

nisaba

The 6/pentacles has been following me in my daily reads.

I know the 6/Pents is about balance, giving or receiving, depending on the figure you represent. I'm always drawn to the one that's doling out the money.

I'd think carefully about what you probably should be doing in your real-world life. Are you less-than-generous? In any way, with other things than money? less than generous with your time, your kindness, your tolerance, your willingness to help others or a single other?