The sun reversed

Noob

Hi

Quick question. I did a quick reading for myself today between work meetings.

I had a major falling out with the best friend of the guy I am dating. I just felt a lot of pressure from his expectations. He seems to be helping me out with work but i had the feeling he had another agenda. I digressed. He would blow up at me frequently and flare up in a rather terrifying way even if it's over whatsapp messages. I felt very oppressed and told him i found it frightening, even if I appreciate his help. He flew off the handle and told me that's the end of our friendship (He just couldn't take anything negative at all).

Because of the rabid way he behaved - like someone out of control, I am now worried he would try to influence my guy.

Therefore i did a reading, asking various questions.
One of them was "How will he impact my relationship with my guy? I drew The Sun in reversed position twice.

I am taking it negatively as it's reversed. I take it that our relationship will have an overcast with this guy in the picture.

Could anyone share their views?

Apologies for the typos, if any. I am typing this in a hurry.

Thanks,

Barleywine

Even reversed, it's hard to impart insidious intent to the Sun, which seems immune to pettiness. It could mean exaggeration or casting a "false light" on the situation. What's unclear is the motive.

Noob

Thanks for your response, barleywine.

Excuse my ignorance. Do you mean it implies the person I'm asking about could be immune to pettiness yet it's also possible he would cast a false light to the relationship between me and my bf?

Even reversed, it's hard to impart insidious intent to the Sun, which seems immune to pettiness. It could mean exaggeration or casting a "false light" on the situation. What's unclear is the motive.

Barleywine

Thanks for your response, barleywine.

Excuse my ignorance. Do you mean it implies the person I'm asking about could be immune to pettiness yet it's also possible he would cast a false light to the relationship between me and my bf?

Not the first part, it seems he exemplifies pettiness. The influence of the Sun reversed on the situation itself is what I was talking about. It usually has nobler connotations, but putting a harsh glare on something is not outside its range of possibilities.

Noob

Thanks barleywine, given how he responded with a heap of insults just because i said I found the way he flew off the handle frightening, i think you could be right in interpreting that he exemplifies pettiness.

So it seems it is fair to assume the card means he will try to influence the way my bf thinks about me in a harsh way.

So i guess the next thing i should ask the cards is what can i do to mitigate any negative influence he might try to cast on the relationship?

Not the first part, it seems he exemplifies pettiness. The influence of the Sun reversed on the situation itself is what I was talking about. It usually has nobler connotations, but putting a harsh glare on something is not outside its range of possibilities.

Barleywine

Thanks barleywine, given how he responded with a heap of insults just because i said I found the way he flew off the handle frightening, i think you could be right in interpreting that he exemplifies pettiness.

So it seems it is fair to assume the card means he will try to influence the way my bf thinks about me in a harsh way.

So i guess the next thing i should ask the cards is what can i do to mitigate any negative influence he might try to cast on the relationship?

Sounds like a good plan.

Noob

I did another reading and got 10 of wands. I am afraid to put this in a separate thread as it is actually part 2 of the same situation. If i were to start a new thread, it might not make much sense to members who have not seen the question on reversed sun..

The question i asked was "What should i do to mitigate the negative influence XX might try to exert on my relationship with YY?

I am interpreting it to mean LET GO, don't worry so much.. it seems like i am asked to take a passive situation so that things will resolve by themselves.

Or does it mean there's nothing much I can do, so just let it go?

Thanks!

Barleywine

I did another reading and got 10 of wands. I am afraid to put this in a separate thread as it is actually part 2 of the same situation. If i were to start a new thread, it might not make much sense to members who have not seen the question on reversed sun..

The question i asked was "What should i do to mitigate the negative influence XX might try to exert on my relationship with YY?

I am interpreting it to mean LET GO, don't worry so much.. it seems like i am asked to take a passive situation so that things will resolve by themselves.

Or does it mean there's nothing much I can do, so just let it go?

Thanks!

The title of the 10 of Wands in some systems is "Oppression" and it has a connection astrologically to Saturn in Sagittarius, implying strongly held and implacable beliefs. I'm thinking that he's not going to let go of this easily, so you could have a burden to bear for some time. I'm reading a very poorly translated but interesting book on the Tarot de Marseille by Jean Michel Le Gall that has this to say about the 10 of Wands:

"It is a time of heavy pressure, treacherous surroundings, and dams (I assume he means 'blockages' or 'obstacles') of any kind. There is cruelty too. We struggle to breathe. Friends do not spare harsh criticism."

You may have no other choice than to "buckle up and ride it out."

Noob

Thanks Barleywine. Appreciate your insight.

Interesting, the crazy guy and I are both Sagittarius.

SIGH. my bf and i just got back together after a very tumultuous time. I know this crazy guy is extremely close to him and seems to always be hanging out in the same social circle.

I really don't know what to do. Is there any point in persisting with yet another question, how do i make it more bearable to ride out this difficult period and not let XX affect my relationship with YY?

headincloud

Sun reversed often means we are being ignored by someone and for a while it will feel like there is a black cloud over the relationship but the ultimate prognosis is good with the sun rx, perhaps he'll put a dampener on things for a while between you.